Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: nVidia announcement Monday?

Xtreme Addict
    I'm more than ready to get this card released so I can actually read XS without having to sort through countless idiotic ATi fanboy posts for one or two with actual substance. And while nVidia fanboys are annoying, the ATi ones are ten fold worse. I guess it's due to them only having a top card for a couple months at a time while nVidia is finishing up a huge architectural change. Fermi's release will send the pests back to sulk in their parents basements for another year or so.... and the peace and quiet will be well received around here.

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government"
    -- Alexander Hamilton

Xtreme Enthusiast
    and the peace and quiet will be well received around here.
    You havent been here around long enough Once DAMIT will lose performance crown all of a sudden gameplay will be smoother on ATI cards or something to this extent
    Abit IC7 P4 2.8a @4.21 | P4 3.4e @4.9 | Gainward 6800GT GS @486/1386
    Asus P4P800 SE Dothan 730-PM @ 2900 | EVGA 6800 Ultra GS @521/1376

e8400@4.3G & 8800GTS G92 800/1932/1132 as gaming rig 24/7

Custom self build chillbox with watercooling @-28c 24/7 | chilled wc " cpu -18c idle/-3c load
    3DMark 2005 Score Dothan & 6800U
    3DMark 2005 Score p4 & 6800GT

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew lb View Post
    i'm more than ready to get this card released so i can actually read xs without having to sort through countless idiotic ati fanboy posts for one or two with actual substance. And while nvidia fanboys are annoying, the ati ones are ten fold worse. I guess it's due to them only having a top card for a couple months at a time while nvidia is finishing up a huge architectural change. Fermi's release will send the pests back to sulk in their parents basements for another year or so.... And the peace and quiet will be well received around here.
    qft

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Katanai View Post
    All we need now is an Nvidia employee on this forum and we could arrange a fight between them. I volunteer to be the referee, I'll try to do my best Big John McCarthy impersonation ever.
    I am work as staff for Nvidia at events. Will I do And yes, I know what the announcment is.
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbeavis View Post
    i am work as staff for nvidia at events. Will i do and yes, i know what the announcment is.
    $50?
    Whats up?

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew LB View Post
    I'm more than ready to get this card released so I can actually read XS without having to sort through countless idiotic ATi fanboy posts for one or two with actual substance. And while nVidia fanboys are annoying, the ATi ones are ten fold worse. I guess it's due to them only having a top card for a couple months at a time while nVidia is finishing up a huge architectural change. Fermi's release will send the pests back to sulk in their parents basements for another year or so.... and the peace and quiet will be well received around here.
    and peace will spread across the galaxy - Chancellor Palpatin aka dark lord of the Sith
    Adobe is working on Flash Player support for 64-bit platforms as part of our ongoing commitment to the cross-platform compatibility of Flash Player. We expect to provide native support for 64-bit platforms in an upcoming release of Flash Player following the release of Flash Player 10.1.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    I am work as staff for Nvidia at events. Will I do And yes, I know what the announcment is.
    as one fellow contractor to another I propose fight in speed beer drinking
    Adobe is working on Flash Player support for 64-bit platforms as part of our ongoing commitment to the cross-platform compatibility of Flash Player. We expect to provide native support for 64-bit platforms in an upcoming release of Flash Player following the release of Flash Player 10.1.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    That doesn't sound very thrilling. Too bad Nvidia has earned their reputation for hyping stuff that turns out to be crap in the end.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by trinibwoy View Post
    That doesn't sound very thrilling. Too bad Nvidia has earned their reputation for hyping stuff that turns out to be crap in the end.
    Can you believe at this very moment, they are hyping the announcement of the announcement date of a new graphics card?

The "Are You Ready" image is officially the announcement that they are going to announce the announcement date. That's triple integration. Leibniz would be proud.
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    INTEL Core i7 920 // ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 // OCZ 3G1600 6GB // POWERCOLOR HD5970 // Cooler Master HAF 932 // Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme // SAMSUNG T260 26"

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by railer View Post
    You havent been here around long enough Once DAMIT will lose performance crown all of a sudden gameplay will be smoother on ATI cards or something to this extent
    Yeah. I remember that somehow ATI's R600s were displaying "much better looking graphics" on the same settings compared to the 8800 series. Of course it had nothing to do with R600 sucking and there being a need to make up something to make ATI on par with Nvidia.

Once AMD got on par with Nvidia on performance, especially after the 4800 launch I never heard of somebody talking about this again.

And no I am not talking about AA / AF quality or something. People would post screenshots and talk about how "lively" AMD's colors were or something. It was incredible. Thank God AMD is kicking butt right now so we don't need any stupid compensation!
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    INTEL Core i7 920 // ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 // OCZ 3G1600 6GB // POWERCOLOR HD5970 // Cooler Master HAF 932 // Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme // SAMSUNG T260 26"

Xtreme Enthusiast
    @ annihilator....one thing i can say that changed for me..coming from an 8800gtx to a 4870x2 on the same display with no tweaks at all..ingame seemed brighter on the x2 vs the gtx ....like some spots in certain maps where i wasnt able to see before..i could with the x2..not sure why and like said i never changed any settings on either card for this to occur..and the lcd settings were the same...

Xtreme Addict
    The only way to make color comparisions is if you calibrate you display / video card control panel to 6500k using a hardware solution. This is due to the simple fact that the default settings used on each card can and do sway the picture quality / color accuracy. So unless both systems were calibrated *properly* its all just a bunch of crap. That said, I do fine ATI cards default color to be nicer than Nvidias default (again pre calibration )

I remember when all these claims of ATIs superior color quality were about but I don't believe anyone did a proper comprehensive comparision so it was basically a lot of misinformed fan boys.
    Feedanator 7.0
    CASE:R5|PSU:850G2|CPU:i7 6850K|MB:x99 Ultra|RAM:8x4 2666|GPU:980TI|SSD:BPX256/Evo500|SOUND:2i4/HS8
    LCD:XB271HU|OS:Win10|INPUT:G900/K70 |HS/F:H115i

Xtreme Cable Management Freak
    Quote Originally Posted by annihilat0r View Post
    announcement will be the announcement of the date of the announcement! Lol
    i wish!
    Project: HeadShot
    Intel i7 3770k | Corsair H100
    EVGA GTX-590 Classified | XSPC GTX 590 Waterblock
    Gigabyte G1.Sniper 2 MotherBoard | Swiftech MCR-320 Res/Rad/Pump
    16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Ram
    Crucial M4 128GB / Intel X25-M 160GB / WD 1TB Black
    Corsair AX850W PSU
    27" Apple Cinema Display (2560x1440)
    Corsair 600t White
    Picture

You best be Crunching and Folding/GPUgrid'ing!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Honestly if tomorrow isn't about the new cards I will probably go ATI. I am tired of this dragging on bull crap. Nvidia needs to learn they are not the best, they are just liked a lot.
    ~ Little Slice of Heaven ~
    Lian Li PC-A05NB w/ Gentle Typhoons
    Core i7 860 @ 3gHz w/ Thor's Hammer
    eVGA P55 SLI
    8GB RAM
    Gigabyte 7970
    Corsair HX850
    OZC Vertex3 SSD 240GB

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xtreme Cable Management Freak
    Quote Originally Posted by HuffPCair View Post
    Honestly if tomorrow isn't about the new cards I will probably go ATI. I am tired of this dragging on bull crap. Nvidia needs to learn they are not the best, they are just liked a lot.
    If tomorrow isnt the announcement of FERMI, i will be selling my 295+waterblock and getting a 5970. im tired of it.
    Project: HeadShot
    Intel i7 3770k | Corsair H100
    EVGA GTX-590 Classified | XSPC GTX 590 Waterblock
    Gigabyte G1.Sniper 2 MotherBoard | Swiftech MCR-320 Res/Rad/Pump
    16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Ram
    Crucial M4 128GB / Intel X25-M 160GB / WD 1TB Black
    Corsair AX850W PSU
    27" Apple Cinema Display (2560x1440)
    Corsair 600t White
    Picture

You best be Crunching and Folding/GPUgrid'ing!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by MaByBoI View Post
    If tomorrow isnt the announcement of FERMI, i will be selling my 295+waterblock and getting a 5970. im tired of it.
    Yeah I have bought all new stuff minus a GPU just for this. I want to compare which will be a better buy, but how can you compare when one company is sucking balls at their job?
    ~ Little Slice of Heaven ~
    Lian Li PC-A05NB w/ Gentle Typhoons
    Core i7 860 @ 3gHz w/ Thor's Hammer
    eVGA P55 SLI
    8GB RAM
    Gigabyte 7970
    Corsair HX850
    OZC Vertex3 SSD 240GB

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xtreme Addict
    ummm yummy tears...

Seriously though, hope you're right for the sake of good prices.
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
    G-Skill Ripjaws X 16Gb - 2133Mhz
    Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme
    i7 2600k @ 4.4Ghz
    Sapphire 7970 OC 1.2Ghz
    Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 128Gb

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by annihilat0r View Post
    Yeah. I remember that somehow ATI's R600s were displaying "much better looking graphics" on the same settings compared to the 8800 series. Of course it had nothing to do with R600 sucking and there being a need to make up something to make ATI on par with Nvidia.

Once AMD got on par with Nvidia on performance, especially after the 4800 launch I never heard of somebody talking about this again.

And no I am not talking about AA / AF quality or something. People would post screenshots and talk about how "lively" AMD's colors were or something. It was incredible. Thank God AMD is kicking butt right now so we don't need any stupid compensation!
    Actually I think most of that was due to some Nvidia board makers using cheaper components on the boards (especially during the geforce4 days), most ATI boards are reference and the people that bother to make non ref boards normally do so to set their product apart from the others not just to be cheaper.

But saying that, on the same monitor and the same PC ATI and Nvidia default settings for colour are slightly different. For a gamer it shouldn't be a issue (most gamers are on TN panels anyway, thus you can't blame the card when you're hindering the picture at the final stage) but I have a friend that produces print media for a airline company and he to switched to ATI on his mac for colour reasons alone.

Xtreme Addict
    If it turns out to actually be Fermi's announcement, it'll redefine the term "paper launch". Until at least midyear, there'll probably be more Voodoo 5 6000 cards in the hands of users than Fermi cards
    Server: HP Proliant ML370 G6, 2x Xeon X5690, 144GB ECC Registered, 8x OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS 240GB on LSi 9265-8i (RAID 0), 12x Seagate Constellation ES.2 3TB SAS on LSi 9280-24i4e (RAID 6) and dual 1200W redundant power supplies.
    Gamer: Intel Core i7 6950X@4.2GHz, Rampage Edition 10, 128GB (8x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum 2800MHz, 2x NVidia Titan X (Pascal), Corsair H110i, Vengeance C70 w/Corsair AX1500i, Intel P3700 2TB (boot), Samsung SM961 1TB (Games), 2x Samsung PM1725 6.4TB (11.64TB usable) Windows Software RAID 0 (local storage).
    Beater: Xeon E5-1680 V3, NCase M1, ASRock X99-iTX/ac, 2x32GB Crucial 2400MHz RDIMMs, eVGA Titan X (Maxwell), Samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Corsair SF600, Asetek 92mm AIO water cooler.
    Server/workstation: 2x Xeon E5-2687W V2, Asus Z9PE-D8, 256GB 1866MHz Samsung LRDIMMs (8x32GB), eVGA Titan X (Maxwell), 2x Intel S3610 1.6TB SSD, Corsair AX1500i, Chenbro SR10769, Intel P3700 2TB.

Thanks for the help (or lack thereof) in resolving my P3700 issue, FUGGER...

Xtreme Addict
    Yeah nivida fanboy posts are way better and they never post inane garbage.

Bull.

No fanboy posts are fun to read. And as soon as nvidia is back on top all the children in hiding will be spamming these boards again. The only way to not notice is if you are one of them.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedjo View Post
    as one fellow contractor to another I propose fight in speed beer drinking
    I would love to party with you bro
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Mentor
    XFX Geforce GTX 480 2GB GDDR5 PCI-Express x16 - Retail
    New Nvidia GTX 480 available for Pre-Order
    XFX Geforce GTX 480 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E - Retail

Original Price: $699.99
    You Save: $20.00
    $679.99

http://www.sabrepc.com/p-174-xfx-gef...16-retail.aspx

aahhah it has started...

EDIT The price says its better than 5870 but idk what it means to price it so high maybe its a pre release price or something??
    Last edited by ajaidev; 02-21-2010 at 10:46 PM.
    Coming Soon

Xtreme Mentor
    Visiontek ATI Radeon HD 5970 2GB DDR5 PCI-Express 2.0 x16 CrossFireX Support Video Card - Retail (MPN:900305)
    Dual GPU! CrossFireX Support and ATI Eyefinity
    Visiontek ATI Radeon HD 5970 2GB DDR5 PCI-Express x16 - Retail

Original Price: $699.99
    You Save: $40.00
    $659.99

http://www.sabrepc.com/p-182-visiont...16-retail.aspx

$20 less than GTX 480....
    Coming Soon

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Watch it be the new Mac Books with Optimus support. That would troll everyone sooooo bad.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGore View Post
    Watch it be the new Mac Books with Optimus support. That would troll everyone sooooo bad.
    Yeah, that's why the Are You Ready picture has a desktop PC and it was announced on Nvidia's GeForce-dedicated twitter page.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast