Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Corsair launches Dominator GTX: the world's fastest DDR3 memory module

Xtreme Mentor

Corsair launches Dominator GTX: the world's fastest DDR3 memory module

The extreme-module, pictured above, is tested to operate at a frequency of 2,250MHz with latencies of 8-8-8-24 at 1.65V, and will be sold individually from the Corsair online store on Tuesday, December 8th. Corsair plans to begin taking orders at 9am pacific time, but warns that availability will be "extremely limited" and that orders will be placed on a first come first served basis.

There's no mention of price (but you don't need us to tell you it won't be pretty) - and indeed no mention of capacity - but Corsair recommends using its optional GT Airflow fan for the highest possible performance.

Kevin Conley, VP of Engineering at Corsair states that the "Dominator GTX modules are the most tightly-screened, highest-quality and fastest DDR3 memory modules in the world."

"We look forward to seeing what the enthusiast and overclocking community can do with these exciting new products," he adds.

We're told each module is screened by hand at Corsair's California lab, and there's support for both Intel and AMD platforms - though, the latter isn't certified for blazing-fast 2,250MHz speeds. Here's a Corsair-provided table of baseline performance characteristics of the Dominator GTX module in a choice of platforms:
    http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=21463

Xtreme Addict
    Looks pretty damn blazin.

Only issue I have is with Corsair themselves. Their memory always seems to have an (imo) unwarranted price premium, even over other high-end ram companies.

Although in this specific case, the "we're told each module is screened by hand at Corsair's California lab" may just justify it.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Fox View Post
    Looks pretty damn blazin.

Only issue I have is with Corsair themselves. Their memory always seems to have an (imo) unwarranted price premium, even over other high-end ram companies.

Although in this specific case, the "we're told each module is screened by hand at Corsair's California lab" may just justify it.
    Of course it is, they manufacture everything in China now. They need to validate their testing to make sure they didnt slip on QA considering the price people will be paying for these modules.
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    I am magical.

I am Xtreme
    Corsair is number #2 to G skill now a days in my book. Corsair's added price is not worth it. Right now the only thing I want from corsair is the 800D case.

Asus Z9PE-D8 WS with 64GB of registered ECC ram.|Dell 30" LCD 3008wfp:7970 video card

LSI series raid controller
    SSDs: Crucial C300 256GB
    Standard drives: Seagate ST32000641AS & WD 1TB black
    OSes: Linux and Windows x64

Xtreme Legend
    cant wait to give mine a squeeze

safan >> you know g.skills top end kit which costs just under corsair dominators in Oz. i am willing to bet anything that when it comes to efficiency they will be left behind by a country mile. They are pushing RAM which is weak in the most important timing on i7 (tRCD) as a high end kit LOL! How does that make them number 1 exactly? Their ripjaw kit would kick the top end kit's ass too

they are not cheap the old Dominators but you get what you pay for imo
    Last edited by dinos22; 12-04-2009 at 11:38 AM. Reason: spelling
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme X.I.P.
    1. the picture shows a GT stick, not GTX?
    2,250MHz with latencies of 8-8-8-24 at 1.65V
    pfff... gskills new stuff is guaranteed to do 2200 cas7 with 1.65v...
    come on corsair, you can do better than this
    i wanna see higher speeds or lower timings!

Memory Addict
    Dino you getting a set ? I hope I'm on Corsair's Xmas list too for a set of these
    ---

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by eva2000 View Post
    Dino you getting a set ?
    While I'm not on anybody's xmas list......did I read this right? 1 as in singular, uno, module?? If this is the case...will you have to purchase one or two more and will they run in dual or triple channel mode?? Plus, any word on price?? They won't be cheap.....think I better txt Santa right now

More & more very expensive, quickly obsolete parts!!

Quote Originally Posted by safan80 View Post
    Corsair is number #2 to G skill now a days in my book. Corsair's added price is not worth it. Right now the only thing I want from corsair is the 800D case.
    Corsair is making the best DDR3 memory at the moment. Period.
    G.Skill is making kits with high tRCD, which let's them scale to high frequencies but is slower in performance, and they are using BBSE chips in some of their "high-end" kits, which is not what I expect from high-end kits.

Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    1. the picture shows a GT stick, not GTX?
    I think the bigger heatsink makes it a GTX stick?!

Concerning G.Skill, just read what I posted above your quote!

Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    You can never have enough D9's.

Xtreme Addict
    This is crazy. It all comes down to the ICs, screw the modules and the logo. I'd rather bin (via return) some fairly priced modules that I know use a good IC than pay for someone else to do it.

Those dual channel, high tRCD kits aren't the only kits GSkill is selling btw.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcape View Post
    True, but they are either not available or almost as expensive as the Corsair stuff, at least here in Germany.

I would rather bin my memory myself too, though.

Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    You can never have enough D9's.

Xtreme Member
    Besides the mind-blowing DDR3-2250-setting I also like the one for AMD: DDR3-1800 6-6-6-18 @ 1.65 V guaranteed is great!
    The Initial value finished
    PI calculation is done!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Software tweaks are not for sale.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Dan View Post
    True, but they are either not available or almost as expensive as the Corsair stuff, at least here in Germany.

I would rather bin my memory myself too, though.
    Good point. I guess if you go for them you are certain to get what you paid for, which is nice.

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcape View Post
    This is crazy. It all comes down to the ICs, screw the modules and the logo. I'd rather bin (via return) some fairly priced modules that I know use a good IC than pay for someone else to do it.

bah only where you live
    we dont have that privilege heheh
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Xtreme Addict
    complete waste of money i bet u can buy 5870 for that price lol
    Last edited by eric66; 12-04-2009 at 12:35 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by eric66 View Post
    complete waste of money i bet u can buy 5870 for that price lol
    its nice for benching. i would never run this kit in my system 24/7 though, the vtt voltage would be astronomical.
    Core i7 920 3849B028 4.2ghz cooled by ek hf | 6gb stt ddr3 2100 | MSI HD6950 cf cooled by ek fc | Evga x58 e760 Classified | 120gb G.Skill Phoenix Pro | Modded Rocketfish case + 1200w toughpower | mcp 655 pump + mcr 320 + black ice pro II

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by cky2k6 View Post
    its nice for benching. i would never run this kit in my system 24/7 though, the vtt voltage would be astronomical.
    if you use factory XMP profile yeah probably but when tuned right it doesnt mean that you would.........

most of my high clocking runs on evga for example have had around 1.42-1.475vtt or so for example
    ....it will depend on board and CPU IMC as well of course
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

ODOC
    Tasty kit CORSAIR , keep pushing it

Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    G.Skill are might at fresh ICs, whereas this CORSIAR GTX smells like MGH-E

-_-
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat GriZ View Post
    While I'm not on anybody's xmas list......did I read this right? 1 as in singular, uno, module?? If this is the case...will you have to purchase one or two more and will they run in dual or triple channel mode?? Plus, any word on price?? They won't be cheap.....think I better txt Santa right now
    I am assuming that if you buy them in a "singles" package you could always just rma that one stick if it went bad for whatever reason instead of having to return say the whole set when just one goes bad....regardless, looks like some sick memory that will yet push 32M to new levels
    Quote Originally Posted by Gautam View Post
    I'll add my name to this elpida graveyard as soon I even think about running 32M. (yes, the thought is enough)

Banned
    don't really get the idea of those super expensive p55 kits, no matter how they tweak it - it will still lose to x58
    i'd rather they sold those superbinned chips in triple kits for x58 platrofms ... to really push the limits.

uncore challenged...
    Quote Originally Posted by proxis View Post
    don't really get the idea of those super expensive p55 kits, no matter how they tweak it - it will still lose to x58
    i'd rather they sold those superbinned chips in triple kits for x58 platrofms ... to really push the limits.
    hence the selling in single sticks...buy three sticks

my kit should be here early next week, i'll keep you cats posted

**check that, late next week**
    Last edited by 3oh6; 12-04-2009 at 05:50 PM.
    i don't quote in my signature, but best WR ever...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jor3lBR View Post
    It holds the current WR for the least vcore required to run 4500Mhz stable (1.32vcore)
    i can't even make that shyt up ^^^

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    cant wait to give mine a squeeze

safan >> you know g.skills top end kit which costs just under corsair dominators in Oz. i am willing to bet anything that when it comes to efficiency they will be left behind by a country mile. They are pushing RAM which is weak in the most important timing on i7 (tRCD) as a high end kit LOL! How does that make them number 1 exactly? Their ripjaw kit would kick the top end kit's ass too

they are not cheap the old Dominators but you get what you pay for imo
    Well I'm using 6 sticks in my i7 system not 3 sticks like most. When Corsair's kits are $100 more than G skill's kits for around the same speed it just is not worth it. The limiting factor for the I7s are the IMC not so much the ram these days.

Asus Z9PE-D8 WS with 64GB of registered ECC ram.|Dell 30" LCD 3008wfp:7970 video card

LSI series raid controller
    SSDs: Crucial C300 256GB
    Standard drives: Seagate ST32000641AS & WD 1TB black
    OSes: Linux and Windows x64

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by proxis View Post
    In terms of bandwidth, latency no.

The GT's run really nice. TBH how much more speed do we need right now with ram. Is it really bottlenecking anyone out there?
    Current: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.2GHz / EK Supremacy/ 360 EK Rad, EK-DBAY D5 PWM, 32GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Vega 64 Wave, Samsung nVME SSDs
    Prior Build: Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz / Apogee XT/120.2 Magicool rad, 16GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Saphire rx580 8GB, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Intel 4.5GHz LinX Stable Club

Crunch with us, the XS WCG team

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by safan80 View Post
    I would disagree with that statement..
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat GriZ View Post
    They are selling single sticks, so can buy 3 sticks for X58, or 2 or 4 sticks for P55, or even just 1 stick if you want a spare. This will make RMAs much easier, just return the dead stick and keep the other good sticks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast