Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auzentech Sound Card announcement!

Xtreme Guru

Auzentech Sound Card announcement!

X-Meridian 7.1 2G Coming Dec. 2010

Second Generation Auzen X-Meridian is a feast for the ears thats right X-meridian...

Linky Linky

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Addict
    this news is over a month old but i am happy that they are continuing to make great products, my prelude is a great card
    Quote Originally Posted by NKrader View Post
    just start taking pics of peoples kids the parents will come talk to you shortly. if you have a big creepy van it works faster

Xtreme Guru
    thought i'd add to it seeming as i havent seen it posted yet..

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Addict
    The X-Meridian 7.1 2G key features are:

* CMI8788 - High quality PCI 32-bit multi-channel audio processor
    * Pure electrical connections via gold plated PCB, jacks and metal bracket
    * 24bit/192kHz high definition 7.1 channel analog playback
    * Signal-to-noise ratio greater than 115dB
    * 120dB dynamic range
    * Do-it-yourself upgrade for ultimate analog sound quality and color (all channels have swappable OPAMPs)
    * Complete Dolby® Home Theater technologies: Dolby® Digital Live, Dolby® Pro Logic® II, Dolby® Virtual Speaker, Dolby® Headphone
    * DTS™ Connect, DTS™ Interactive, and DTS™ Neo:PC
    * Shift between Coaxial and Optical Output and Input, with combo adaptor
    * Proprietary Auzentech Pointing Ground Design shares one point for the DAC, OPAMP, Power Supply and Output Jack, cutting noise and distortion
    * 7.1 Virtual speaker shifter supporting virtual surround over two channel speaker and headphone
    * C-Media FlexBass: Advanced bass management allowing a variety of speaker types and combinations. Large, small speaker setting available for all channels. LFE channel crossover frequency configurable in small speaker mode (from 50Hz to 250Hz).
    * Support for the Auzen X-Tension DIN connection.
    Gaming rig;
    ASUS RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION
    I7-4390K
    G.SKILL Trident X 16GB 2400
    Intel 530 240GB
    2x Asus GTX780
    Corsair AX1200
    HP ZR30w 30
    Win 8.1 pro
    Sound rig;
    Auzen X-Fi H.T. HD --> Yulong D100 MKII --> D-7100

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I am still lost as to why not just spend that $$$ on a good receiver and let it do the decoding.
    HTPC - AMD Phenom II 555 Unlocked(4cores) - 4GB Gskill - AMD HD 5850 - Avermedia Duet - Harman Kardon avr247 - Surround Sound (Infinity Beta 50's, 10's, 360, and ed a2-300) - Samsung 46"

Desktop Powerhouse PC - Gathering dust due to high usage of HTPC as general pc now

Xtreme Addict
    Because a good DAC/receiver would cost a lot more than that?
    Seems we made our greatest error when we named it at the start
    for though we called it "Human Nature" - it was cancer of the heart
    CPU: AMD X3 720BE@ 3,4Ghz
    Cooler: Xigmatek S1283(Terrible mounting system for AM2/3)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte 790FXT-UD5P(F4) RAM: 2x 2GB OCZ DDR3 1600Mhz Gold 8-8-8-24
    GPU:HD5850 1GB
    PSU: Seasonic M12D 750W Case: Coolermaster HAF932(aka Dusty )

Xtreme Addict
    Ehh, no X-Fi chipset. Not that its the best, but one of the main points to an external card for me is the ability to use EAX to Direct Sound conversion for older games, like Alchemy from Creative and SoundBack from Realtek. The other for me is DDL/DTS which this has, though if you use Digital out you don't make use of the cards onboard DAC's.
    Last edited by Zaskar; 12-05-2010 at 11:54 PM.
    EVGA X58 Classified
    Intel i7 965
    Corsair Dominator 1600mhz 3x2gb
    Nvidia GTX 295

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskar View Post
    Ehh, no X-Fi chipset. Not that its the best, but one of the main points to an external card for me is the ability to use EAX to Direct Sound conversion for older games, like Alchemy from Creative and SoundBack from Realtek. The other for me is DDL/DTS which this has, though if you use Digital out you don't make use of the cards onboard DAC's.
    X-fi is crap that's why? And all cards don't make use of the DACs when via digital
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Xtreme Addict
    Flying through Space, with armoire, Armoire of INVINCIBILATAAAAY!
    If X-fi is crap, then where does that put C-media?
    Sigs are obnoxious.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by koc View Post
    The X-Meridian 7.1 2G key features are:

* CMI8788 - High quality PCI 32-bit multi-channel audio processor
    * Pure electrical connections via gold plated PCB, jacks and metal bracket
    * 24bit/192kHz high definition 7.1 channel analog playback
    * Signal-to-noise ratio greater than 115dB
    * 120dB dynamic range
    * Do-it-yourself upgrade for ultimate analog sound quality and color (all channels have swappable OPAMPs)
    * Complete Dolby® Home Theater technologies: Dolby® Digital Live, Dolby® Pro Logic® II, Dolby® Virtual Speaker, Dolby® Headphone
    * DTS™ Connect, DTS™ Interactive, and DTS™ Neo:PC
    * Shift between Coaxial and Optical Output and Input, with combo adaptor
    * Proprietary Auzentech Pointing Ground Design shares one point for the DAC, OPAMP, Power Supply and Output Jack, cutting noise and distortion
    * 7.1 Virtual speaker shifter supporting virtual surround over two channel speaker and headphone
    * C-Media FlexBass: Advanced bass management allowing a variety of speaker types and combinations. Large, small speaker setting available for all channels. LFE channel crossover frequency configurable in small speaker mode (from 50Hz to 250Hz).
    * Support for the Auzen X-Tension DIN connection.

So its an HT-Omega Claro XT? and an Asus Xonar Essence ST.

Great cards, so this will be great too. That audio processor is awesome. But its still just any other card that uses the same chipset. They all have replaceable op amps, great power section, great output section, the same processor, the same slot connection. What makes this any different then what has been around for years? I bet it will even use the exact same stock op amps as the other cards too.

EDIT: looks like it has price going for it. Slightly cheaper than the competition.

At least its good to see Auzentech going back to the C-Media chips, they must have gotten a license agreement from ASUS since ASUS owns the rights to the C-Media chips.

Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    If X-fi is crap, then where does that put C-media?
    C-Media has way better sounding chips than X-Fi, cheaper too. And can do more theater type stuff. X-Fi has always been crap. Nothing from Creative has been good since the Audigy 2 days
    Last edited by EniGmA1987; 12-06-2010 at 12:45 AM.
    Rig 1:
    ASUS P8Z77-V
    Intel i5 3570K @ 4.75GHz
    16GB of Team Xtreme DDR-2666 RAM (11-13-13-35-2T)
    Nvidia GTX 670 4GB SLI

Rig 2:
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX
    AMD FX-8350 @ 5.6GHz
    16GB of Mushkin DDR-1866 RAM (8-9-8-26-1T)
    AMD 6950 with 6970 bios flash

Yamakasi Catleap 2B overclocked to 120Hz refresh rate
    Audio-GD FUN DAC unit w/ AD797BRZ opamps
    Sennheiser PC350 headset w/ hero mod

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskar View Post
    Yeah, it's a pity, but I suppose this is just not a gamer card.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by EniGmA1987 View Post
    C-Media has way better sounding chips than X-Fi, cheaper too. And can do more theater type stuff. X-Fi has always been crap. Nothing from Creative has been good since the Audigy 2 days
    Agreed, although I think it has to do with the software behind it rather than the chips themselves, Creative has never been strong in the software department. Installing kX Audio drivers (which is a 3rd party project coded from scratch and doesn't share anything in common with Creative's drivers) for an audigy card brings a huge improvement in sound quality compared to Creative's drivers for example. I see Creative a bit like Gigabyte used to be before they stepped up in BIOS development and software somewhat, Creative needs some new skilled knowledgable programmers in this field and should perhaps change the internal driver structure as well for whatever next "big-thing" after X-Fi is which would be a quite huge job but since the competition is tough especially from ASUS these days it's needed.
    Last edited by RPGWiZaRD; 12-06-2010 at 03:51 AM.
    Intel? Core i5-4670K @ 4.3 GHz | ASRock Extreme6 Z87 | G.Skill Sniper 2x8GB @ DDR4-1866 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 970 OC Windforce 3x | Super Flower Titanium 1000W | ViewSonic VX2268wm 120Hz LCD | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | Logitech MX-518 | Win 7 x64 Professional | Samsung 850 EVO & 840 Pro SSDs

If all people would share opinions in an objective manner, the world would be a friendlier place

Xtreme Addict
    I was hoping this would be Auzentech's version of the fantastic X-Fi HD
    Oh well, looks like I will be upgrading to an X-Fi HD at somepoint...
    John
    Stop looking at the walls, look out the window

I am Xtreme
    I think Forte is much better than X-Fi HD, isn't it?
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    I think Forte is much better than X-Fi HD, isn't it?
    Just a guess, but I bet the new creative card with its huge Emi shield doesn't cackle like a maniac. Yeah, that's right..my Forte makes noises when moving the mouse. :-(

Xtreme Addict
    Since when are others allowed to use C-Media chips? I thought ASUS was exclusive holder of C-Media chips. I mean, that was one of the reasons why Auzentech switched to X-Fi.
    Intel Core i7 920 4 GHz | 18 GB DDR3 1600 MHz | ASUS Rampage II Gene | GIGABYTE HD7950 3GB WindForce 3X | WD Caviar Black 2TB | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Altec Lansing MX5021 | Corsair HX750 | Lian Li PC-V354
    Super silent cooling powered by (((Noiseblocker)))

Xtreme Addict
    what happened to creative's r&d anyways? x-fi is pretty old now and there's absolutely nothing new on the horizon yet. i'm still on an audigy2 and neither audigy4 nor x-fi offered significant changes that made me want to replace it.

since vista and the renewed HAL/WDM creative lost a lot of appeal. one of the reasons i'm still on winxp is the sound of my audigy2 in win7 - it sounds completely crap compared to winxp, even with the same settings (cmss3d 2 etc.). and alchemy isn't exactly brilliant either...
    1. Asus P5Q-E / Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @~3612 MHz (8,5x425) / 2x2GB OCZ Platinum XTC (PC2-8000U, CL5) / EVGA GeForce GTX 570 / Crucial M4 128GB, WD Caviar Blue 640GB, WD Caviar SE16 320GB, WD Caviar SE 160GB / be quiet! Dark Power Pro P7 550W / Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA / LG L227WT / Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 // SysProfile

2. Asus A8N-SLI / AMD Athlon 64 4000+ @~2640 MHz (12x220) / 1024 MB Corsair CMX TwinX 3200C2, 2.5-3-3-6 1T / Club3D GeForce 7800GT @463/1120 MHz / Crucial M4 64GB, Hitachi Deskstar 40GB / be quiet! Blackline P5 470W

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RejZoR View Post
    Since when are others allowed to use C-Media chips? I thought ASUS was exclusive holder of C-Media chips. I mean, that was one of the reasons why Auzentech switched to X-Fi.
    My ht-omega is cmedia. I think ASUS bought them out of one type of chip for a while, but others still use them, and it's a lot better than that creative crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesrt2004 View Post
    X-fi is crap that's why? And all cards don't make use of the DACs when via digital
    agreed
    AMD Phenom II BE, ASUS Crosshair II formula, 8gb ddr2 800, 470 SLI, PC P&C 750, arcera RAID, 4x OCZ Vertex2, 2x samsung 7200 1tb, HT Omega Clario +

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZz! View Post
    since vista and the renewed HAL/WDM creative lost a lot of appeal. one of the reasons i'm still on winxp is the sound of my audigy2 in win7 - it sounds completely crap compared to winxp, even with the same settings (cmss3d 2 etc.). and alchemy isn't exactly brilliant either...
    It sounds a lot better in Win 7 for me with Audigy 2 ZS and kX Audio drivers compared to Win XP, even clearer and more fine details in the sound but when I compared with Creative's drivers it was the opposite like you said. Perhaps you should give them a try, I could send some "starter" settings for you as newbies can easily get lost in kX Audio settings.
    Intel? Core i5-4670K @ 4.3 GHz | ASRock Extreme6 Z87 | G.Skill Sniper 2x8GB @ DDR4-1866 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 970 OC Windforce 3x | Super Flower Titanium 1000W | ViewSonic VX2268wm 120Hz LCD | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | Logitech MX-518 | Win 7 x64 Professional | Samsung 850 EVO & 840 Pro SSDs

If all people would share opinions in an objective manner, the world would be a friendlier place

Xtreme Addict
    Auzentech X-Fi Forte + WinAMP + Wumpus OpenAL output + Vista/Win7 = teh secks sound
    Intel Core i7 920 4 GHz | 18 GB DDR3 1600 MHz | ASUS Rampage II Gene | GIGABYTE HD7950 3GB WindForce 3X | WD Caviar Black 2TB | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Altec Lansing MX5021 | Corsair HX750 | Lian Li PC-V354

Xtreme Mentor
    HDMI pass-through with Sony STR-DN1010 or Pioneer VSX-1020

I have a Sony receiver and it is much better than the old X-Fi i had.
    Coming Soon

Xtreme Addict
    I'm going to plug this in right next to my $150 network card. I can hear the speed already.

Xtreme Addict
    You're so gonna pwn online dawg!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaidev View Post
    HDMI pass-through with Sony STR-DN1010 or Pioneer VSX-1020

I have a Sony receiver and it is much better than the old X-Fi i had.
    Exactly, I have an external DAC (Cambridge Audio Dacmagic) that cost me perhaps 50% more than a good discrete sound card, and I plan on keeping it through generations of sound cards. I think it's much better to put however much money a good discrete sound card costs towards upgrading or spending more on a good receiver/amplifier, or an external Dac, that you can use with several different sources with the flick of a switch.
    Obsolescence be thy name

Xtreme Addict
    It all depends. For gaming, Creative 3D positioning wins hands down. Also if you use analog conectivity, soundcard makes a lot of sense when looking at the high end segment. Backed up with decent speakers as well of course.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast