Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 142122232425 LastLast

Thread: Everything You Need To Know About World Community Grid/BOINC

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by illogical View Post
    Just joined today, now I need to find out what to do to participate in Supercomputer Week: May 1-7 2012, or is it just automatic so long as the machine is on and the software active ?
    It's not relevant that I joined with a username different from the forum is it ?
    Thanks for helping!
    If you installed BOINC, picked WCG and joined the XS team your all set.
    Names don't matter, thats up to you..
    Any issues yell and one of the crazed people here will help..
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Nanoseconds from Permaban
    Quote Originally Posted by illogical View Post
    Just joined today, now I need to find out what to do to participate in Supercomputer Week: May 1-7 2012, or is it just automatic so long as the machine is on and the software active ?
    It's not relevant that I joined with a username different from the forum is it ?
    As long as your Projects tab lists the name you signed up with and says XtremeSystems, then you're all good:

Capture12.JPG

And on your Tasks tab you have WUs and they say Running, all good

Capture14.JPG

Make sure and go into the Computing Preferences and set it to crunch 100%:

Capture17.JPG

Hey, s_b, can you add this to your list:
    WCG Signature Request [post a reply to get WCG signature made]

Xtreme Member

3570k @ 4.3ghz points

Hi guys i was wondering if this sounds right
    I'm running a i5 3570k @4.3ghz and I'm exterminating that I'm getting about 25000 points per day does this seem right see pic below
    PS I'm only running 1 pc I'm not running 8 this is because of installing wcg onto other rigs as i am upgrading
    THANKS happy crunching i know i am now with ivy bridge

Untitled 1.jpg
    Last edited by rubber5; 08-11-2012 at 06:06 AM.

Xtreme Member
    One problem could be wcg itself, the server has been down a lot the last few days. If you lowered the cache to less than a day it may have run out work. Your points started to ramp up and then fell off http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...cg&name=681456 Other than that maybe a temp issue?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo View Post
    One problem could be wcg itself, the server has been down a lot the last few days. If you lowered the cache to less than a day it may have run out work. Your points started to ramp up and then fell off http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...cg&name=681456 Other than that maybe a temp issue?
    im not sure if im getting good points for my cpu but overheating is not the problem max temp is 68c but normally about 63-65c
    i know boinc give lower scores than wcg but all i know is im getting much highr score per day even when i had a core i7 920@4.0ghz
    that is what i seem strange
    the web link i have never used before so i dont understand it to be honest but as long as im getting good points that's all im really bothered about
    i have noticed that the servers have been down seems strange thay must be doing maintenance or something

Check to make sure WCG is set to run using all available CPU cores and that its set to use the computer while in use and 100% of CPU time. Set it both in your WCG preferences and in the client

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retro77 View Post
    Check to make sure WCG is set to run using all available CPU cores and that its set to use the computer while in use and 100% of CPU time. Set it both in your WCG preferences and in the client
    I have done that
    i have been using wcg for a while now im just wondering for a quad 4.3ghz cpu is about 22-25000 points on wcg site normal (not boinc)
    thanks

Xtreme Member

4.2 or 4.5ghz 3770k

ok guys i have had an upgrade i have gone from a 3570k to a 3770k im really wanting to run 4.5ghz but im a little worried about temps.
    Im getting on average 75-80c with 100% with wcg with cpuid using 1.272 but i was wondering wold you guys run this overclock or wold you back it off
    i can run 4.2ghz with a max core temp of 72c
    ps this is for games as well so i can leave the clock speed alone
    what do you think?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by rubber5 View Post
    ok guys i have had an upgrade i have gone from a 3570k to a 3770k im really wanting to run 4.5ghz but im a little worried about temps.
    Im getting on average 75-80c with 100% with wcg with cpuid using 1.272 but i was wondering wold you guys run this overclock or wold you back it off
    i can run 4.2ghz with a max core temp of 72c
    ps this is for games as well so i can leave the clock speed alone
    what do you think?
    Honestly, it's probably smart to back off of it a bit, 80C is pretty high... and I think everyone else here will pretty much agree with that...

But since you asked (), yes, I would run it like that... I've run chips hotter than that until failure, but then again I'm not shy about the possibility of killing chips. At that temperature though, you WILL see degradation.

24 hour prime stable? Please, I'm 24/7/365 WCG stable!

So you can do Furmark, Can you Grid???

Xtreme Member
    ok i will back it off then thanks cant really afford to replace a £280 cpu at the mo lol
    i cant believe some peapole don't mind killing cpu's i cant understand how they can afford it
    Last edited by rubber5; 09-18-2012 at 06:02 AM.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by rubber5 View Post
    Hi guys i was wondering if this sounds right
    I'm running a i5 3570k @4.3ghz and I'm exterminating that I'm getting about 25000 points per day does this seem right see pic below
    PS I'm only running 1 pc I'm not running 8 this is because of installing wcg onto other rigs as i am upgrading
    THANKS happy crunching i know i am now with ivy bridge
    IMHO I would tone it down till temps are in the 60's..
    That's just my opinion and many Thanks for helping..
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Xtreme Legend
    What do you use for cooling, rubber5?

also

I think that your volts seem a bit high for that speed (maybe because of the temps though)
    Last edited by OldChap; 09-18-2012 at 01:30 PM. Reason: sp.

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    What do you use for cooling, rubber?
    Of course he doesn't use rubber, thats a very poor cooling material...

Xtreme Legend
    Ignore him ^^ he only knows one use for rubber anyways

While we are on the subject MM, How many condoms can you make from an old tire?

365 if it is a Goodyear Boom Boom

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

Xtreme Member
    What do you use for cooling, rubber?

also

I think that your volts seem a bit high for that speed (maybe because of the temps though)
    lol rubber its good for some things

back to the point im using a prolimatech megahalem black with 2x corsair 120mm sp performance fans push pull
    if i go any lower with the volts even 0.010 it bsods or i get errors i must just have a crappy chip as soon as the cpu hits 83c the fans go up to full speed 2200rpm but it normaly hovers around 1600 rpm if you know what i meen

Xtreme Member
    Ignore him ^^ he only knows one use for rubber anyways

While we are on the subject MM, How many condoms can you make from an old tire?

365 if it is a Goodyear Boom Boom
    that is a spectacular come back love it lmfao

How about posting some proof that this program has actually ever done anything?
    Such as coming up with a list of diseases cured, treatments created and whatever else this program supposedly does?
    I've never seen or heard a mention of this program, anywhere, except on forums trying to get people to install programs like this with no proof, whatsoever, that it actually has accomplished anything, at any time, in any way.
    I used to crunch numbers for the now defunct "Find a Drug" program. They regularly posted proveable results as to what our work actually accomplished.
    Using our time and money running programs for some unknowable reason with no mention of any proveable results really doesn't make any sense.
    For all we know, we could be figuring actuarial tables for some large insurance company, figuring odds for the Las Vegas mafia or some other scam.
    This is why I haven't installed or ran any such program since the "Find a Drug" project ended.
    So how's about you start a stickied thread showing exactly what this program has accomplished and/or is actually accomplishing?
    Start with real world treatments and cures that directly arose from this program.
    BTW, no, I'm not trolling. I'm just looking for proof.
    It's easier to sell something if you can actually show the customer what they're buying into.

My name is Legion; for we are many.

Xtreme Cruncher
    3.45 seconds in google. You can do the same for any other project run via WCG:

http://cleanenergy.harvard.edu/docum...unications.pdf

http://cleanenergy.harvard.edu/docum...P_overview.pdf
    SB 2600K
    MSI P67A-GD65

8GB 1600/CL8
    GTX580
    64GB SSD
    4TB
    Xonar DX
    BeQuiet Straight Power 680W sleeved
    in
    Cosmos 1000, modded
    TC PA120.3+XSPC RX240mm+XSPC RASA+DDC1T+OCLabs top+EK Multioption 150+ EK-FC580

Have you actually read, and understood, the title of this thread?
    It certainly doesn't tell me "Everything You Need To Know About World Community Grid/BOINC".

My name is Legion; for we are many.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kzinti1 View Post
    Well, I have 5 systems, 8 cores each which won't be used for this now, due to your snottiness and complete failure to address relevant questions.
    Next time, let someone in charge produce some proper answers. I can certainly do without you.
    Are you familiar with the initials "P.O.?"
    All the info about the projects is on the world community grid website. Click on the project you are interested in and then click on news and it will have latest update on the project.

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/re...AllProjects.do

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Now guys, lets be our usual nice and polite selves shall we?
    There are always people that are skeptical and thats fine by me.
    No one wants to do something without some assurance that they aren't wasting there time.

Now to the gentleman in question, please do a little reading at the WCG site and then feel free to ask or PM me any questions.
    If your still uncomfortable with this then no problem at all, just don't run it.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by kzinti1 View Post
    Have you actually read, and understood, the title of this thread?
    It certainly doesn't tell me "Everything You Need To Know About World Community Grid/BOINC".
    Actually the title is correct and understand that the meaning had to do with installing and running the app not explaining all the points and goals. BUT I do see your point.

Ok folks, I cleaned this thread a bit as it seems with this gentleman we've gotten off on the wrong foot.
    I would remind everyone that at least to me when new people come into this thread they are to be treated like guests in ones home.
    With courtesy and respect.
    Last edited by Movieman; 10-25-2012 at 08:05 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Actually the title is correct and understand that the meaning had to do with installing and running the app not explaining all the points and goals. BUT I do see your point.

Ok folks, I cleaned this thread a bit as it seems with this gentleman we've gotten off on the wrong foot.
    I would remind everyone that at least to me when new people come into this thread they are to be treated like guests in ones home.
    With courtesy and respect.
    Hello dear,
    what the hell our we all doing here ?????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    guys when is the next super computer week

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 142122232425 LastLast