Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast

Thread: Nehalem-EP......BLOOMFIELD

Banned
    Gothrek just says there is no proof of 3.2+ghz nehalem, still havent found proof in this thread

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by GoThr3k View Post
    it was about 3.2GHZ+, which means anything above 3.2 ghz
    nice blackmailing with your mod power though, i just pointed out, that we have to be carefull believing it will be available at high freq speeds, remember phenom

you started laughing me in the face, and now that you can't win the argument, you start to blackmail, aren't you a fine moderator....

i don't know why you are getting pissed like that, maybe your machine isnt crunching fast enough to cure cancer, i dont know, but dont work it out on me
    Holy cow dude... this is not wise.
    One hundred years from now It won't matter
    What kind of car I drove What kind of house I lived in
    How much money I had in the bank Nor what my cloths looked like.... But The world may be a little better Because, I was important In the life of a child.
    -- from "Within My Power" by Forest Witcraft

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by -Anti- View Post
    Gothrek just says there is no proof of 3.2+ghz nehalem, still havent found proof in this thread
    And he is correct, there has been no CPUID leaked, not screen dumps leaked, just a statement by Tom's journies that they saw one insanely clocked (hardly proof in my book)....

The problem though is how he treated movieman.... I have never seen movieman do anything other than treat everyone fairly and squarely.... I love MM's preamble of sorta 'please don't hate me' when is says 'put's mod hat on' when it comes time to calm things down ... frankly, he does it well.

Jack
    One hundred years from now It won't matter
    What kind of car I drove What kind of house I lived in
    How much money I had in the bank Nor what my cloths looked like.... But The world may be a little better Because, I was important In the life of a child.
    -- from "Within My Power" by Forest Witcraft

Banned
    Gothr3k continues the arguing with a sock puppet.

You know Gothr3k, having multiple accounts on XS is forbidden.

About Nehalem, it will clock much higher than what you are thinking. Just stay away from razor blades when it launches and everything is going to be OK.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GoThr3k View Post
    thats not 3.2GHZ+, but doesnt matter

i dont have any doubt i believe nehalem will OC pretty nicely, my point was just that sometimes not all our dreams or hopes come true, remember phenom....
    but some people don't even bother to read that, they just make fun of someone's opinion, even an XS moderator, retardation of society i think
    Quote Originally Posted by gOJDO View Post
    About Nehalem, it will clock much higher than what you are thinking. Just stay away from razor blades when it launches and everything is going to be OK.
    he believes nehalem will oc

Xtreme Enthusiast
    5 GHz on water? I think it'll be close.

Xtreme Mentor
    Another unwise movement

At least capitalize your first words to look like you're another person
    Friends shouldn't let friends use Windows 7 until Microsoft fixes Windows Explorer (link)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryR, on John Fruehe (JF-AMD) View Post
    Pretty much. Plus, he's here voluntarily.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by JumpingJack View Post
    And he is correct, there has been no CPUID leaked, not screen dumps leaked, just a statement by Tom's journies that they saw one insanely clocked (hardly proof in my book)....

The problem though is how he treated movieman.... I have never seen movieman do anything other than treat everyone fairly and squarely.... I love MM's preamble of sorta 'please don't hate me' when is says 'put's mod hat on' when it comes time to calm things down ... frankly, he does it well.

Jack
    Seconded!
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Xtreme Member
    Are you guys really that sure Nehalem will OC nicely? (nicely for me meaning 3.6-3.8 on air without too much voltage)
    X3350 | DFI LP X38 T2R | d9gkx
    9800gtx | Raptor1500AHFD/5000AACS/WD3201ABYS
    Corsair 620HX | Coolermaster CM690

Coat It with GOOOO
    Quote Originally Posted by Neuuubeh View Post
    Are you guys really that sure Nehalem will OC nicely? (nicely for me meaning 3.6-3.8 on air without too much voltage)
    unless they have one, no they are not "really" sure. BUT... due to the fact that they are scaling rather well from 2.6-->3.2 there's a pretty good chance that there's some more headroom in there for those that tweak
    Main-- i7-980x @ 4.5GHZ | Asus P6X58D-E | HD5850 @ 950core 1250mem | 2x160GB intel x25-m G2's |
    Wife-- i7-860 @ 3.5GHz | Gigabyte P55M-UD4 | HD5770 | 80GB Intel x25-m |
    HTPC1-- Q9450 | Asus P5E-VM | HD3450 | 1TB storage
    HTPC2-- QX9750 | Asus P5E-VM | 1TB storage |
    Car-- T7400 | Kontron mini-ITX board | 80GB Intel x25-m | Azunetech X-meridian for sound |

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blauhung View Post
    unless they have one, no they are not "really" sure. BUT... due to the fact that they are scaling rather well from 2.6-->3.2 there's a pretty good chance that there's some more headroom in there for those that tweak
    If there's a way the guys here will find it.
    From what I hear even at 3200 these are beasts!
    Cripes, the harpertowns at 3200 are huge and Nehalem is better!
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Addict
    I want to know if Nehalem is going to have a Skulltrail 2

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    I'm going to IP check this and Gothryk's accounts and if the same, have both permabanned and if that doesn't work I'll have the IP banned.
    What started out as one person refusing to beleive what was put in front of his face has now turned into this guy essentially saying FU to the staff.
    That is a no win my friend.
    This is not a democracy, it is a benevolent dictatorship.
    Play nice and life is wonderful, play nasty and it can feel like a building is falling on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
    I want to know if Nehalem is going to have a Skulltrail 2
    When Francois Piednoel was here talking about SkullTrail he mentioned that he and his team were working on ST2..
    That would be a dual Nehalem with DDR3..

EDIT: Just found that Anti and Gothryk are one in the same, same IP..
    Big mistake...BIG mistake..
    It was 7 measly days and now...
    Last edited by Movieman; 06-13-2008 at 12:09 PM.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Xtreme Addict
    I really don't understand the skepticism on the part of some here, that nehalem will hit 3.2ghz .... seems ludicrous for the architecture not too.
    Especially when people in the know, say, yes, it can and has, we just can't tell you yet. Just suspend judgement, it will only be a month or 2 before you know 100%.
    " Business is Binary, your either a 1 or a 0, alive or dead." - Gary Winston ^^

Asus rampage III formula,i7 980xm, H70, Silverstone Ft02, Gigabyte Windforce 580 GTX SLI, Corsair AX1200, intel x-25m 160gb, 2 x OCZ vertex 2 180gb, hp zr30w, 12gb corsair vengeance

Rig 2
    i7 980x ,h70, Antec Lanboy Air, Samsung md230x3 ,Saphhire 6970 Xfired, Antec ax1200w, x-25m 160gb, 2 x OCZ vertex 2 180gb,12gb Corsair Vengence MSI Big Bang Xpower

Master of nebulah frost
    Wow, 6" on SPI very soon
    Battlefield 3: Nachthymnen666

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by villa1n View Post
    I really don't understand the skepticism on the part of some here, that nehalem will hit 3.2ghz .... seems ludicrous for the architecture not too.
    Especially when people in the know, say, yes, it can and has, we just can't tell you yet. Just suspend judgement, it will only be a month or 2 before you know 100%.
    Because they are nitpicking. Knowing Intels history with overclocking it will hit it with ease. Hell I was getting an extra 250-350mhz in P3 days on air with delta fans.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Well ... I'm still planning to throw some LN2 at the darn thing later this fall so ...

//Andreas

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by NH|Delph1 View Post
    Well ... I'm still planning to throw some LN2 at the darn thing later this fall so ...

//Andreas
    only if it likes subzero temps.

Xtreme Mentor
    I can't believe some people still HOPE this cpu will fail.

Quote Originally Posted by LexDiamonds View Post
    Anti-Virus software is for n00bs.

Xtreme Member
    great so i can get my hands on a performance chip for about £200-300?

not paying for the waste of money Extreme-edition chips.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    I'm going to IP check this and Gothryk's accounts and if the same, have both permabanned and if that doesn't work I'll have the IP banned.
    What started out as one person refusing to beleive what was put in front of his face has now turned into this guy essentially saying FU to the staff.
    That is a no win my friend.
    This is not a democracy, it is a benevolent dictatorship.
    Play nice and life is wonderful, play nasty and it can feel like a building is falling on you.

EDIT: Just found that Anti and Gothryk are one in the same, same IP..
    Big mistake...BIG mistake..
    It was 7 measly days and now...
    Come on MM, it wasn't necessary to check the IP. It was so obvious that Anti is a sock puppet. A newbie registered after Gothr3k has been banned, entering the thread which was the reason for gothr3k's ban and defending him? That is too much coincidence.

I bet he'll wait several days and he'll make another account, but from different IP. He is an addict, he can't live without XS.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by gOJDO View Post
    Come on MM, it wasn't necessary to check the IP. It was so obvious that Anti is a sock puppet. A newbie registered after Gothr3k has been banned, entering the thread which was the reason for gothr3k's ban and defending him? That is too much coincidence.

I bet he'll wait several days and he'll make another account, but from different IP. He is an addict, he can't live without XS.
    I understand how you feel but yes it was necessary to know for sure.

There is a old line that I beleive in:
    "Better a 1000 guilty men go free than one innocent be imprisioned"
    Before actions are taken against people one has to be 100% sure that they are the guilty party.
    The anti account is now gone and Gothr3k is on a 30 day and I hate banning people. I mean that, I love the place and hate to remove anyone but the spammers but when you go round and round and round with a guy and he won't stop, and then when told to leave the thread still posts it's time for action.
    Then that cancer comment, yes, pushed my buttons.
    What we do in DC is at considerable personal cost but we do it for our kids and everyone elses.
    Just think, wouldn't it be an incredible thing that 10 or 20 years down the line we could say we now have cancer beat.
    That no kid would ever have to go through that nightmare again.
    That's my dream and since the C2D's and Opty's came out we now have the computational power to get the work done.

The machines at my house pull a constant 1500w+ from the wall and you should see my elec bill never mind the parts money involved to run 2 clovers, a harpertown, a Q6600 and yes, an old FX51..
    I consulted with one of the staff members on what was proper and the 30 days was the lowest number that was mentioned.
    Hopefully he can learn from this.
    Last edited by Movieman; 06-14-2008 at 05:49 AM.

Xtreme Member
    I'm passing Nehalem and I see no point in upgrade.

10% on single core and 20% on multicore is not enough to consider me buying new : CPU,RAM,mobo and cooling.
    Penryn is good enough until cheap octalcores appear which will offer more than 100% multithreaded improvements than quadcore Penryn.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I have no 45nm, heck, no 65nm in my PC. Or maybe the chipset is..

I'm a few generations behind. I'll be waiting patiently for this.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinacolada View Post
    I'm passing Nehalem and I see no point in upgrade.

10% on single core and 20% on multicore is not enough to consider me buying new : CPU,RAM,mobo and cooling.
    Penryn is good enough until cheap octalcores appear which will offer more than 100% multithreaded improvements than quadcore Penryn.
    You've seen a handful of tests on a preproduction board with single channel RAm , crappy timings and you've already set your mind on the gains vs. Penryn ?

Isn't it a bit early ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Guderian View Post
    There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.

Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast