Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: MechWarrior 5 2009 Debut Gameplay Trailer

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Too bad we wont be here to see the mechs of the future, but I doubt that is the future. Manned military vehicles will no longer be used in 100-1000 years. Till Skynet takes over, then I guess we will have to retrofit all of our designs to allow soldier passengers again.

I have no knowledge of how a real mech would be engineered but I cant imagine what is needed to move a 70 ton mech from 0 - 40mph in 2 steps. Though I guess, for something as big as a mech, 40mph should be pretty easy. I am sure someone could do the math to figure out how fast the legs need to move to no fall over while walking and use this to determine how fast a mech would travel in one step due to the length of a certain mech's stride. I have read about rail guns as well. They are impressive, but I was under the impression that they require an immense amount of power. Pretty sure none of the mechs use nuclear power in any game. Pretty sure Laser beam weapons require just as much power.

I feel your pain on the interface though. It may be the resolution, but it seems like they were only able to fit like 4 buttons on any one screen. So much wasted space in the menu screens.
    Aaron___________________________Wife________________________ HTPC
    intel i7 2600k_____________________AMD5000+ BE @ 3ghz___________AMD4850+ BE @ 2.5ghz
    stock cooling______________________CM Vortex P912_______________ Foxconn A7GM-S 780G
    AsRock Extreme 4_________________ GB GA-MA78GM-S2H 780G_______OCZ SLI 2gb PC6400
    4gb 1600 DDR3___________________ OCZ Plat 2GB PC6400___________Avermedia A180 HDTV tuner
    MSI 48901gb 950/999______________Tt Toughpower 600w___________ Saphire 4830
    Corsair HX620____________________ inwin allure case___________ ___ Coolmax 480w
    NZXT 410 Gunmetal________________Acer 23" 1080p________________ LiteOn BD player
    X2gen 22" WS
    ________________ ________________________________ nMediaPC 1000B case

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by perkam View Post
    The voice acting was complete BS.

Also, this is not what Mechwarrior is all about. Mechwarrior is about open battles with varying types of mechs with few obstacles in between. And the obstacles never...and I mean NEVER...overshadow the mechs.

Don't like it so far.

Perkam
    What you on about :p

MW2/MW3 and MW Mercenaries were great games and terrain/obstacles often came into good use/play.

Ie, someone locks on a sends a missle, you jump pack behind a wall = little dmg. Also same for shooting things over buildings, jump pack up and then land on and so on... IMO there were many obstacles and that made it quite interesting

Loved these games, hopefully it comes to fruition! Been what, 10 years since Mercenaries?
    CPU: E8400 E0 (Cooled By OCZ Vendetta 2) @ 4.3ghz/1.296vcore
    Motherboard: GB EP45-DS4P BIOS F8
    Memory: OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 (1066mhz) 2x2gig - & Corsair Dominator RAM cooler
    Graphic: PowerColor PCS+ HD4890
    HDD: 2x WD 640GB, 1x Maxtor 180GB

Xtreme 3DTeam Member
    Quote Originally Posted by R31Nismoid View Post
    Been what, 10 years since Mercenaries?
    you mean MW2 Mercenaries? that's almost 13 years now... dunno if that's cool or sad

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I hooked up the old PC and it is god awful slow but it installed the game and I was able to play, although I had some terrible graphic problems. The entire 3d part of the game is just colorful snow and shapes. Its like the textures don't load, or its a bad driver. No idea where I can get good drivers for win98. The desktop is fine, and the menu interface is fine, just the 3d part that is screwy. Anyone have an old AGP card with driver disk lying around? :-) Any ideas? Also, where to find joystick drivers for win98?

How does DosBox work? I haven't used DOS in over 20 years probably, I have no idea how to install a game and run it in DOS anymore. I have downloaded hacked versions of the games right now. But if I can get something that works well, I may just buy them again, if I can find them. I really want to get MW2 working.
    intel i7 2600k_____________________AMD5000+ BE @ 3ghz___________AMD4850+ BE @ 2.5ghz
    stock cooling______________________CM Vortex P912_______________ Foxconn A7GM-S 780G
    AsRock Extreme 4_________________ GB GA-MA78GM-S2H 780G_______OCZ SLI 2gb PC6400
    4gb 1600 DDR3___________________ OCZ Plat 2GB PC6400___________Avermedia A180 HDTV tuner
    NZXT 410 Gunmetal________________Acer 23" 1080p________________ LiteOn BD player
    X2gen 22" WS

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_KHAN View Post
    you mean MW2 Mercenaries? that's almost 13 years now... dunno if that's cool or sad

Was it MW2 Merc? lol... i cant remember

Very very long time ago, but i do remember them being top notch games for the era

Xtreme Enthusiast
    lets do the 'please don't halfbake this' pray. Theres allot of questionable choices made in the trailer alone.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    MW4 was my favorite game of all time but I fell out as the community dwindled. Time to reinstall and reboot...

MW4 Revisited...

Any one interested in playing the old titles on Multiplayer? I loved 4, even the demo for 3 was good but the retail version changed the controls (see my other post).

Here's my cd's...

Duke-Nukem
    Last edited by Duke-Nukem; 07-23-2009 at 07:47 AM.
    If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants.? -Isaac Newton

Xtreme 3DTeam Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke-Nukem View Post
    Here's my cd's...
    hehehe, i like that idea ... gonna take a pic of my collection when i get home.

which version of MW2 is that in the lower right? titanium?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke-Nukem View Post
    Any one interested in playing the old titles on Multiplayer? I loved 4, even the demo for 3 was good but the retail version changed the controls (see my other post).

Here's my cd's...

Duke-Nukem

One mad CD collection

hehehe, i like that idea ... gonna take a pic of my collection when i get home.

which version of MW2 is that in the lower right? titanium?
    Yeah it's the Titanium version. I have the Mech Commander series as well, but they are not the original CD's, they got lost the last time I moved... I also have it for PS One. Prett cool to play those old games.

Duke-Nukem
    If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants.? -Isaac Newton

I am Xtreme
    The voice acting was complete BS.

Also, this is not what Mechwarrior is all about. Mechwarrior is about open battles with varying types of mechs with few obstacles in between. And the obstacles never...and I mean NEVER...overshadow the mechs.

Don't like it so far.

Perkam
    really you have no clue about urban mech combat.

Yes Mechs have awesome fire power on the same level there is a reason one of the tag lines defining mechs is carrying enough weapons to level "several City blocks."

Urban combat in any but the lightest mechs is a challenge unless your running 0 gun 0 piloting skill, and have the dice and modifiers in your favor.

There are countless key and minor conflicts that happen in an urban environment that are critical to many story line events.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechromancer View Post
    PS: Notice my screen name. I grew up in Battletech and don't take any of this lightly. I came up in Always Faithful battling the Grey Death Legion on Starlancer.com in the first Mech Commander game online with a 28.8k connection. Before that I honed my skills in MW2. I've fought for both the Clanners and the Inner Sphere as a mercenary. I am MECHROMANCER!
    Hail fellow warrior albeit a surat Mercenary. I Hail to you from the Clans, Ghost Bear that is (Yes freebirth we still do and shall always view mercenaries with great disdain!) I have long been an honorable warrior of the mighty Warden Clan Ghost Bear the honorable Bekker surname. I salute your tenacity to show your freebirth sibkin their ignorance!

Quote Originally Posted by FlawleZ View Post
    I still have several of my Pewter Battletech Mechs and game set. It's not surprising to see such a strategic and tactical game watered down through the years as its released over and over again as a video game. I love the Mechwarrior franchise and will definitely purchase MW5, but IMO this is just one of those games that's better left with the map and pieces left on the table than a virtual reality on the computer or console.
    At one point I had over 450 Mechs alone, not to mention two Trinaries of Elementals. Three Companies of fully painted Draconis Units including the Sword of Light units. All but a dozen or so of the novels and many of the Manuals, TROs, and rule books. I really miss weekend long table top games.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechromancer View Post
    I first read the Blood of Kerensky, Volumes 1 through 3. Back in 1997 I used to think that Mechwarrior was only a game. Then I found out it was just a part of the Battletech Universe! The books are insanely good and really draw you in. One of my favorite authors to this day remains Michael Stackpole.
    These to were my intro into the Universe of Batteltech though I had been playing the game itself for quite some time prior to reading the novels.

Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    Dumbed down isn't necessarily a bad thing. I was like 10 when I first tried a MechWarrior game. It was difficult to get into and very boring because nothing ever seemed to happen.
    That is because Mechwarrior and Battletech were not meant to be "easy" or simple games. The Universe and the games are quite in depth. It is not meant to be as that of an FPS. It is a role playing game with turn based combat environment. If to keep what makes the game part of the fun, is to remove the complexity of it, then you are removing what makes up a key part of the game and that is loading out mechs, making use of your terrain, knowing your capabilities. Sizing up your opponents. It is a chess game of 3 dimensions, range weapons and many other factor as well as figuring out if your next move is a wise move, or will cost you your mech and maybe your life.

Perhaps, but some people here are enthusiastic about the game just because there IS a game.
    After watching the trailer, and considering what it will be competing with in 2009 or 2010 when it launches, the trailer was VERY underwhelming.
    The voice acting, the action (far too little space to move around) and weapon systems (especially on the second enemy Mech) looked hastily done with little attention to detail.
    And WTF is with the pirate mask on the second Mech? Did they give this game to an indie studio or something?
    Perkam
    Again your arrogance is overwhelming. Try doing a little home work. The Skull has long been the icon of the Atlas and in that it is meant to be intimidating @ 750meters or more. Psychological warfare does carry over into the gaming universe.

This includes a pic of the original Atlas with the characteristic Skull head.

Quote Originally Posted by Warboy View Post
    The only thing I saw wrong with the trailer. That he wasn't aiming for the legs! lol. MechWarrior 2 and MechWarrior 4 had city battles like that. If I got shot by those missiles, I would have done hit J by that cutscene, Jumpjets FTW.
    The Warhammer does not come with jump jets unlesss it is a special mod and given the time I am guessing this is supposed to take place, I am willing to bet that jump jets are not that common.
    Yeah it is during the third succession war. So something like jump jets were a very rare item.

Aiming for the legs is dishonorable and showing lack of skill.

The idealology of mech combat is non far off from two warriors dueling. To be a mechwarrior has a lot to do with a sense of honor. Especially with the Clans and Draconis Combine warriors that trace their lineage back to Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyNV View Post
    I would say I'm quite a hardcore Mw/Btech fan, I've played just about every Mw game there is (except one of the Mw2 and Mw3 expansions), read numerous books (and still reading) etc... not played the table top game though, I hear its not too different to Warhammer 40,000 table top games which I have played before
    Battletech is nothing like Warhammer. I have played both numerous times. Warhammer is kiddified in comparison to the game mechanics of Battletech and to try to compare the two is to insult the work that went into the game mechanics alone.

What most that see the Mechwarrior game have no clue about is the multitude of levels that this game is just minor part of. There is political intrigue, warring factions on a mass scale, nuclear warfare, space transit using Light speed, there is romance of characters, love/hate, espionage, political powers @ work. Character development in what the realm of being a Mechwarrior has a major and minor part.

The part that really drew me to this, is that many aspects of the Battletech Universe are not completely and totally far fetched but a very real possibility for the future of mankind. As stated previously many things included in the game we already have under way in research and development if not already in the near future.

/end rant.

Yes I am passionate about this game, and yes it is a game, but for many of us, it is not just a game. As with many other hobbies/interests/groups etc.

And yes for those that know the Battletech Universe, and see my name, yes I adopted it from Phelan (Kell) Ward as @ the time I got in to the game, I was about the same age he was during the trilogy and going through transitions in my life.

I am glad to see this coming to fruition and eagerly await it. My only concern/want is that the ability to design mechs similar to MW2 and MW3. Using the critical slots, and space allocation is it was designed for the game. MW4 was a joke, thanks Microsuck for screwing that up.

My questions regarding the trailer, where was the optics for the HUD? No low light/UV/IR any form other then the standard view screen? I loved that they had the classic looking Warhammer. Didn't really like the look of the Atlas though as it looked like a cross between the Dark Ages and classic Atlas. That was a funky looking Jenner, nothing like the classic Jenner. Also having a aerial scanning unit pop out of the back of the mech? Not quite sure what that was about.

Which version of the mechs were they using? The Atlas have a UAC 20 or a Gauss?

I know, if I was in that co_ckpit, as soon as I saw the Atlas I would have started with PPC fire, albeit they have a min range for the IS version. Where was the SRM pack on the Warhammer? I did like the use of MGs, I have seen more then a few mech fall to a MG crit hehe. Losing an assault mech to a two point crit hehe. Knowing how slow the Atlas is I would have pulled back and started to maneuver giving the Warhammer is a bit faster.

Death before dispossessed.
    Last edited by phelan1777; 07-30-2009 at 02:34 AM.
    fermiNow Dave will see FERMI where ever I go
    Quote Originally Posted by jbartlett323 View Post
    So please return to the "Darkside of the Moon" and check your "Pulse" while you wait for the "Animals" that will be "Obscured By Clouds". And watch me wave as I say "Wish You Were Here" in "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"

Xtreme 3DTeam Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phelan1777 View Post
    At one point I had over 450 Mechs alone, not to mention two Trinaries of Elementals. Three Companies of fully painted Draconis Units including the Sword of Light units. All but a dozen or so of the novels and many of the Manuals, TROs, and rule books. I really miss weekend long table top games.
    wow, you're officially XS super nerd of the week

... granted, i also had a little tin timberwolf for the tabletop game and the jade phoenix trilogy in my bookshelf

Aiming for the legs is dishonorable and showing lack of skill.
    actually in mw4 i found it quite hard to do. much more difficult than in mw2.
    And yes for those that know the Battletech Universe, and see my name, yes I adopted it from Phelan (Kell) Ward as @ the time I got in to the game, ...
    ... freebirthtoad

anyway, guess where i got my nick. here's a hint: i'm not from india
    I am glad to see this coming to fruition and eagerly await it. My only concern/want is that the ability to design mechs similar to MW2 and MW3. Using the critical slots, and space allocation is it was designed for the game. MW4 was a joke, thanks Microsuck for screwing that up.
    wtf are you guys talking about!? how was mw2 better than mw4? i've played both extensively and mw4 is superior in every aspect! ... except for music maybe...
    My questions regarding the trailer, where was the optics for the HUD? No low light/UV/IR any form other then the standard view screen?
    i wouldn't expect the cocpit design to fit your expectations. iirc in one of the gray death books they described the cocpit as showing a projected 360° image of the surrounding of the mech. on coverart pictures however, cocpits looked more like in wing commander. so if the books are already contradictory, a single game will never be able to satisfy all battletech fans.

I am Xtreme
    wow, you're officially XS super nerd of the week

... granted, i also had a little tin timberwolf for the tabletop game and the jade phoenix trilogy in my bookshelf

actually in mw4 i found it quite hard to do. much more difficult than in mw2.... freebirthtoad

anyway, guess where i got my nick. here's a hint: i'm not from indiawtf are you guys talking about!? how was mw2 better than mw4? i've played both extensively and mw4 is superior in every aspect! ... except for music maybe...i wouldn't expect the cocpit design to fit your expectations. iirc in one of the gray death books they described the cocpit as showing a projected 360° image of the surrounding of the mech. on coverart pictures however, cocpits looked more like in wing commander. so if the books are already contradictory, a single game will never be able to satisfy all battletech fans.
    Hell MW3 was better then 4 even though it had its bugs..

Mechwarrior 4 isn't the Mechwarrior that is a transition from the table top game. Mechwarrior 4 was/is the unwanted step child that seems to be someting it is not.

I to spent many hours designing and field testing mech designs. Cross referencing the novels and TROs.

Mechwarrior 2 was far better in the least of having to do training which wasn't easy. No other Mechwarrior had any resembling training on any level to become familiar with the controls and how to handle the machine. Designing mechs using the crit allocations for one. You didn't float in mw2 like you do in 4. The audience that MW4 was aimed @ versus the MW2 fan base.

Not all mechs have the same time of pit layouts Also if a mech was a command mech it would have a more advanced suit for the pilot. This is scene through out the novels and descriptions of different mechs and their roles.

Lastly it is not a matter of expectation. It is what is described in the books as to what the pilots see, there impressions of the lay out of the pit and features in electronics and operation of the machine.

Why have a mech, but not give the pilot function for low light/infrared and other low visiability situations
    Last edited by phelan1777; 07-30-2009 at 10:13 PM.
    So please return to the "Darkside of the Moon" and check your "Pulse" while you wait for the "Animals" that will be "Obscured By Clouds". And watch me wave as I say "Wish You Were Here" in "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"

Xtreme Addict
    Hail fellow warrior albeit a surat Mercenary. I Hail to you from the Clans, Ghost Bear that is (Yes freebirth we still do and shall always view mercenaries with great disdain!) I have long been an honorable warrior of the mighty Warden Clan Ghost Bear the honorable Bekker surname. I salute your tenacity to show your freebirth sibkin their ignorance!
    SIGGED! Phelan, I will go into battle with you anytime.

HEY, did everybody catch this interview with the creators of Mechwarrior? Jordan Weisman, the co-founder of FASA and of Battletech itself, is designing this game to be what Mechwarriors should have always been. This will be the most pure MW we will ever play if they get their way. EXCELLENT!
    Last edited by Mechromancer; 08-02-2009 at 05:10 AM.
    Core i7 2600K@4.6Ghz| 16GB G.Skill@2133Mhz 9-11-10-28-38 1.65v| ASUS P8Z77-V PRO | Corsair 750i PSU | ASUS GTX 980 OC | Xonar DSX | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB |A bunch of HDDs and terabytes | Oculus Rift w/ touch | ASUS 24" 144Hz G-sync monitor

MechWarrior Pod

I can't even find the arcade machine on the internet, but I played a massive sit in hydraulic pod version of MW4. Would have bought it if they weren't asking $10,000 for it. The funny thing was that they were going out of business....
    Last edited by Duke-Nukem; 08-02-2009 at 10:54 PM.

Xtreme 3DTeam Member
    Hell MW3 was better then 4 even though it had its bugs..

Mechwarrior 4 isn't the Mechwarrior that is a transition from the table top game. Mechwarrior 4 was/is the unwanted step child that seems to be someting it is not.

I to spent many hours designing and field testing mech designs. Cross referencing the novels and TROs.

Mechwarrior 2 was far better in the least of having to do training which wasn't easy. No other Mechwarrior had any resembling training on any level to become familiar with the controls and how to handle the machine. Designing mechs using the crit allocations for one. You didn't float in mw2 like you do in 4. The audience that MW4 was aimed @ versus the MW2 fan base.
    i'm sorry but i don't get what you're saying. i'm no native english speaker.

so mw4 is bad cuz it has no training missions and critical allocations? sorry, i completely forgot what crit allocations are. what was that again? the displacement of larger reactors or something!?

and what does floating in mw4 mean?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I think he means you float a the mech walks in MW4. Much less clunk clunk clunk waling sensation. Critical allocations I assume are referring to placing Heat sinks and ammo storage instead of the game automatically installing them and them never being damaged.

I wish I had one of the battletech centers near me when they were out.

After reading the interview, it seems as though they are thinking along the same lines as we are with respect to realism. I think it will be great to be more in the C0CKpit like they are saying. Interior sparks and heat waves will be amazing. Sounds like a very limited single player though. One planet and sounds like it will be mostly urban, which is great, but I also like sniping enemies from 1000m away. No real point to LRMs if its all urban combat. I like how sticking with a mech will yeild better results. I know in the previous versions, I would just play a mech till I could afford a bigger one. Because the missions were so linear that you had to have an assault mech to be able to complete it. No way a warhammer is going to take out a lance of assault mechs. If they make it so you can play the entire game as a light mech, then go back and start over as a medium mech, they will have some great replayability and I will surely be buying the game and loving every minute. Never done multiplayer before, so I may actually try that out with this game. Its a shame we wont see this till probably christmas 2011 though, at the earliest. Sounds like they have only been working on it since october, with the videos being the pinnacle of that work. Does sound like they have put a lot of thought into the story though.
    Last edited by Power5; 08-03-2009 at 05:20 AM.
    X2gen 22" WS

I am Xtreme
    i'm sorry but i don't get what you're saying. i'm no native english speaker.

so mw4 is bad cuz it has no training missions and critical allocations? sorry, i completely forgot what crit allocations are. what was that again? the displacement of larger reactors or something!?

and what does floating in mw4 mean?
    if you ever played the table top version of the game you would understand what i mean by crit table.

The allotment of equipment in mech chassis in MW4 was nothing like the original game and took away from being able to outfit a mech the way the weapon systems and other features were meant to be used and their physical and functional limitations.

Many of the mech customizing features in MW4 are not even close to how to outfit a mech in Battletech/Mechwarrior 2/3.

Floating I mean in MW4, is that the way people would use their jump jets.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Power5 View Post
    Sounds like a very limited single player though. One planet and sounds like it will be mostly urban, which is great, but I also like sniping enemies from 1000m away. No real point to LRMs if its all urban combat.
    Ah but see, that is where the "Oh my main weapons are crit, all I got left are LRMS! (yes IS LRMs have a min range of 5hexes = 150m) a wall of LRMs is still devastating @ point blank range.

I don't care who you are, if you are in melee range and you see 20/30/40 plus missiles coming @ you, your going to hesitate for a second. That second could be all that other pilot needs to tear you a new one with something else, get away, or do something to change the fight to his advantage or live to fight another day.

That is something you can't do in many/most other games. Especially if salvage/mechs are going to be that critical in the game. I would rather "waste" a load of LRM ammo, then let someone sit there and beat on me. Not to mention even though LRMs do 2pts of damage per round, that is still a crit chance and that crit chance can have catastrophic effects.

LRM round = 2pts = crit chance = ammo crit = ammo X rounds left = damage to IS and components.

I have seen it to many times to count it out as not possible.

This would however help to limit the LRM boats that plagued MW4.

Live Long And Overclock
    really you have no clue about urban mech combat.

Yes Mechs have awesome fire power on the same level there is a reason one of the tag lines defining mechs is carrying enough weapons to level "several City blocks."

Urban combat in any but the lightest mechs is a challenge unless your running 0 gun 0 piloting skill, and have the dice and modifiers in your favor.

There are countless key and minor conflicts that happen in an urban environment that are critical to many story line events.
    You and Der Khan seem to have missed my point.

Hard core fans of any series that have played all the games and read the books and played the table top games AREN'T the ones this game has to impress. They will jump and shout and dance even if the game is mediocre because after all, their getting one more installment, the same is true for any Star Wars fan.

It's the new gamers of this generation, the millions of gamers buying Halo and Killzone 2 and Call of Duty, that this game has to appeal to if they want someone to publish this game.

Perkam

I am Xtreme
    You and Der Khan seem to have missed my point.

Hard core fans of any series that have played all the games and read the books and played the table top games AREN'T the ones this game has to impress. They will jump and shout and dance even if the game is mediocre because after all, their getting one more installment, the same is true for any Star Wars fan.

It's the new gamers of this generation, the millions of gamers buying Halo and Killzone 2 and Call of Duty, that this game has to appeal to if they want someone to publish this game.

Perkam
    And this will have that appeal, most of the FPS that offer that run and gun up close and personal fighting (urban fighting) this will have quite an appeal. Not to mention the psychological appeal of mass destruction running around in stories tall machine walking through walls, blowing everything in sight to pieces.

That is a very basic yet very broad aspect of any machine based genre. That is how Battletech/Macross/Robotech/Transformers and any other giant mech/mecha/robot game calls to the psyche of younger kids.

I will not jump shout and dance if this fails, disappointed yes, but at least they are not giving up on it like Microsoft did.
    However with the core founders working on it as they did the original. I doubt it will flop though there is still that possibility.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Ah but see, that is where the "Oh my main weapons are crit, all I got left are LRMS! (yes IS LRMs have a min range of 5hexes = 150m) a wall of LRMs is still devastating @ point blank range.

I don't care who you are, if you are in melee range and you see 20/30/40 plus missiles coming @ you, your going to hesitate for a second. That second could be all that other pilot needs to tear you a new one with something else, get away, or do something to change the fight to his advantage or live to fight another day.

LRM round = 2pts = crit chance = ammo crit = ammo X rounds left = damage to IS and components.

I have seen it to many times to count it out as not possible.

This would however help to limit the LRM boats that plagued MW4.
    And why would you outfit LRMs if you will mostly be doing battle inside their useful advantage range? Why not get some MRM or SRM which do much more damage per and usually weigh less than the LRM? Best thing of LRMs is they lock on, so you can lock on at 1000m, fire, and then run for cover. You can just as easily unleash a rack of SRMs and do twice as much damage as the rack of LRMs when in melee range.

Not sure as to what the crit you are talking about is. I never played the board games.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Power5 View Post
    And why would you outfit LRMs if you will mostly be doing battle inside their useful advantage range? Why not get some MRM or SRM which do much more damage per and usually weigh less than the LRM? Best thing of LRMs is they lock on, so you can lock on at 1000m, fire, and then run for cover. You can just as easily unleash a rack of SRMs and do twice as much damage as the rack of LRMs when in melee range.

Not sure as to what the crit you are talking about is. I never played the board games.
    MRMs weren't around in 3015.

You make use with what you have it you have it as a weapon. Like I said it is not meant for that but if need be they come in handy.

From a tactical stand point it doesn't hurt to have at least one long range weapon on hand.

you are assuming that for what ever reason you ahve the choice to equip SRMs or what not.

You have to look @ this in the right context.

3015 is during the 4th Succession War. Technology is on the verge of being non existent along the front lines of the Draconis/Davion front. Salvage was for the most part the only way units could equip/be supplied.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    If you can give me a book to read, if there is a place to find it, that would be great. Which ever book gives the most information would be best, as I will probably only read 1. I only have the games as a reference, never read one of the books, so I don't know the universe that well.
    X2gen 22" WS

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast