Thread: duron 1300Mhz unlock.

Xtreme Member

duron 1300Mhz unlock.

If I remember correctly, it isn't enough to just connect the l1's.

do I have to change the multiplier 13 first on the cpu? or does just connecting the l1's does the trick?

thnx in advance

You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love !

I am lame
    Yeah, all you have to do is connect the L1 bridges.

Xtreme Member
    Originally posted by Smizack
    Yeah, all you have to do is connect the L1 bridges.

nope I have to disagree. it doesn't work. I had to maually change the multiplier I changed it to 11.5 by following the athlon xp guide. afther that I had to connect the l1's .

actually the same method like the xp2100+

everything works like a charm now

You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love !

Xtreme Cruncher
    they r all the same(except the 2200), u just have 2 connect the L1's and that will unlock it so u can change the multi... if its not unlocked the u cant change the multi first..

Xtreme Member
    Originally posted by twiggy
    they r all the same(except the 2200), u just have 2 connect the L1's and that will unlock it so u can change the multi... if its not unlocked the u cant change the multi first..
    seems like you guy's don't get it. most people have trouble with cpu's with a 13 multiplier like this one because of bios/motherboard incompatibility.

so the usual unlock doesn't work. I had to lower the multiplier first on the cpu itself by altering the bridges config, when I did that, the unlock worked. but befor that it wouldn't work. my pc somethims even refused to post.

but everything is solved now.

Xtreme Cruncher
    ahh i see what ur sayin but i cant say i've ever heard of that problem b4.. glad u got it 2 work.

Xtreme Member
    ahh i see what ur sayin but i cant say i've ever heard of that problem b4.. glad u got it 2 work.
    thnx

I am lame
    Whoops. Didn't get it at first I guess. Sry.
    Glad you got it running.:thumbsup:

Xtreme Member
    Whoops. Didn't get it at first I guess. Sry.
    Glad you got it running.:thumbsup:
    hehe, also thnx to you.

I will get to push it some more when I got my corsair xms3200 from ctgilles. previously it was mine but we kind of swapped our systems

I will borrow that stick to see how a duron performs with a +200Mhz fsb :smileysex

boughetto overclocker
    I've had the same problem as well. I didn't change the multiplier on my Duron 1.3 to 11.5x like ripper did, because I didn't know how to cut the bridges.

Duron's and 2100+'s must be changed manually to a diff. multiplier, as well as the L1 unlocking.

Please before you post know 100% what you have to do. kthx.
    Dinosaurs are chortling.
    Lian Li PC1200B, Custom Water Cooling, Lamptron FC5 Fan Controller w/ 4x 120mmx38 Deltas
    i7 930 @ 3.8ghz, Rampage III Extreme, 12GB G.Skill PC2000, BFG 260GTXOC, PNY Quadro 380FX
    (1) HP LP2475w 24", (2) Dell 2007WFP 20", Corsair AX1200 1200w, 3Ware 9650SE Raid
    (2) 500gb Hybrid Seagate Raid 1, (2) 2TB WD Red NAS 64mb Raid 1, (5) 1TB Hitachi 32mb Raid 5

Xtreme Member
    Originally posted by sysfailur

I've had the same problem as well. I didn't change the multiplier on my Duron 1.3 to 11.5x like ripper did, because I didn't know how to cut the bridges.

Duron's and 2100+'s must be changed manually to a diff. multiplier, as well as the L1 unlocking.

I used an old at powersupply, I have used 2 wires to connect to the 12v and wrapped the other side around 2 needles. so I blow the bridges by short ciquit them. It looks like it's done in the factory

boughetto overclocker
    Originally posted by ns_ripper

I used an old at powersupply, I have used 2 wires to connect to the 12v and wrapped the other side around 2 needles. so I blow the bridges by short ciquit them. It looks like it's done in the factory
    OMG! Now how about that for an idea! Holy crap!
    Dinosaurs are chortling.
    Lian Li PC1200B, Custom Water Cooling, Lamptron FC5 Fan Controller w/ 4x 120mmx38 Deltas
    i7 930 @ 3.8ghz, Rampage III Extreme, 12GB G.Skill PC2000, BFG 260GTXOC, PNY Quadro 380FX
    (1) HP LP2475w 24", (2) Dell 2007WFP 20", Corsair AX1200 1200w, 3Ware 9650SE Raid
    (2) 500gb Hybrid Seagate Raid 1, (2) 2TB WD Red NAS 64mb Raid 1, (5) 1TB Hitachi 32mb Raid 5

Xtreme Member

OMG! Now how about that for an idea! Holy crap!
    well, the idea is not new you know

I read about many users who did this. I also did this before on my thunderbird 1400 and my duron 600 so I knew it worked without a big risk

I avtuall think that If I would have to return my cpu for warranty if it dies, they actually would not see it and give me a new one

boughetto overclocker
    Originally posted by ns_ripper

well, the idea is not new you know

I read about many users who did this. I also did this before on my thunderbird 1400 and my duron 600 so I knew it worked without a big risk

I avtuall think that If I would have to return my cpu for warranty if it dies, they actually would not see it and give me a new one
    Yeah that's leet man! I'm gonna do that if ever needed for sure!
    Dinosaurs are chortling.

I am lame

Uhh. not all durons have to be unlocked in that manner. I have 2 older ones here that only have to have the L1's connected.
    So, I could regard you to do the same. thx.

Xtreme Member

Uhh. not all durons have to be unlocked in that manner. I have 2 older ones here that only have to have the L1's connected.

I stated that I used an 1300 all cpu's with a 13 multiplier suffer that proble:

so actually you have to voit their warranty bu cutting other bridges

Overclocking Guru
    All you need to do is the wire trick on the the pins, then connect the L1s and you should have an Unlocked 1300.

OPP

boughetto overclocker

Duron 1.3s? I don't think so. The reason I said that was this was a specific case (cus of the 13x mult), which is why he asked.

In any case, let's not bicker.
    Dinosaurs are chortling.

Xtreme Member
    Originally posted by OPPAINTER
    All you need to do is the wire trick on the the pins, then connect the L1s and you should have an Unlocked 1300.

OPP
    argh, darn. IF I knew this earlier I didn't had to void my warranty by cutting those bridges

Overclocking Guru