Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: ABIT IC7 – IC7-G – IC7 MAX3 ALL in one Modifications - The way to go!

Xtreme Member
    Originally posted by hipro5
    No......You have to lift up the leg of this Mos-Fet of the photo......The one which I've soldered the "fat" cable on.......Unsolder it with MUCH care not to break the Mos-Fet's case and feed it with 5Volts........

EDIT......After that you have to put heatsinks on the two output Ram's Mos-Fets(The big ones).....
    i've finished the 5v rail vddr, it work great
    now i need a good cpu
    learn A.K.A JP

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Originally posted by Learn
    i've finished the 5v rail vddr, it work great
    now i need a good cpu
    Well done M8..........

REMEMBER : You HAVE to put heatsinks on the Ram's Mos-Fets........
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Aaah where is the URL of the 5V Mod? I'm blind?

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Originally posted by muggu
    Aaah where is the URL of the 5V Mod? I'm blind?

It has been explained on this page ..... HERE...
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Fused
    why dont we mod gate voltage of the dimm mosfet?

Aah i see, but eventually you can complete your Mod-Page with this Mod, so there are all the mods in a single tutorial...

I'm not understanding about the 5v mod. Does the wire coming from the lifted leg of the mosfet go to the powersupply 5v line? And do you adjust voltage via the standard vdimm mod or do you need to put a pot on the fat wire? Page 8 doesn't explain it very well.

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Originally posted by pwnt by pat
    I'm not understanding about the 5v mod. Does the wire coming from the lifted leg of the mosfet go to the powersupply 5v line? And do you adjust voltage via the standard vdimm mod or do you need to put a pot on the fat wire? Page 8 doesn't explain it very well.
    No ........You adjust the Vdimm via trimmers as in 3.3V line.............Yes you have to lift this leg and feed it from 5V line........That simple........The hard thing is that you have to be carefull when unsoldering it not to break the Mos-Fets case(and the leg)..........
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Xtreme Legend
    Hipro, do you know if vref voltage have any impact to motherboard overclockability? I measured voltages straight from my KHX sticks, and vref is about 0.08V lower than it should be. According to Winbond datasheets, vref voltage should be excatly 1/2 from vdd voltage, just like vtt voltage.

I already figured out the fix:

Cut vref traces going to each memoryslots, and solder wires from memoryslot vtt pins to vref pins. Then vref voltage would work like it should, and it would be also ajustable (by the same trimmer as vtt).

Thanks again

I still don't understand... oh well. I wasn't going to do it anyway. Hipro, can you take a look at my readpoints thread?

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Originally posted by The Stilt
    Hipro, do you know if vref voltage have any impact to motherboard overclockability? I measured voltages straight from my KHX sticks, and vref is about 0.08V lower than it should be. According to Winbond datasheets, vref voltage should be excatly 1/2 from vdd voltage, just like vtt voltage.

I already figured out the fix:

Cut vref traces going to each memoryslots, and solder wires from memoryslot vtt pins to vref pins. Then vref voltage would work like it should, and it would be also ajustable (by the same trimmer as vtt).

Thanks again
    I don't think that you'll see a difference with that.....I'll give it a go one of these days and I'll repost......
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Originally posted by pwnt by pat
    I still don't understand... oh well. I wasn't going to do it anyway. Hipro, can you take a look at my readpoints thread?
    Where is this thread??.....

EDIT : I found it.....
    Last edited by hipro5; 07-13-2004 at 04:10 AM.
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Xtreme Legend
    God damn, I´m losing my faith to Abit boards when it comes to capability to run at high fsb

This IC7-Max3 maxes out at 292FSB with 5:4 divider. Currently I have VTT, VDDR, Vnorth (1.7V) and droop mods, but still it cant run at high fsb (loose GAT settings). With 3:2 divider it can easily run over 300FSB, but the performance takes a colossal hit

Maybe I should continue my endless trip, to LGA775 ERA

Xtreme Hardware Killer
    possibly the mem can't go any higher?
    Level 80 UD Death Knight on Murmur (Beta)

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    God damn, I´m losing my faith to Abit boards when it comes to capability to run at high fsb

This IC7-Max3 maxes out at 292FSB with 5:4 divider. Currently I have VTT, VDDR, Vnorth (1.7V) and droop mods, but still it cant run at high fsb (loose GAT settings). With 3:2 divider it can easily run over 300FSB, but the performance takes a colossal hit

Have you fed it with 1.98VAgp yet???..Not 2VAgp coz the mobo will shut down from overvoltage protection.....
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

yeah 5/4 doenst run real well on my ic7 over 295.. but 3/2 and 1-1 will run over300 with np. (i had i stick of pc4000 simpletech nitro that would run to 310 mhz)

Hipro5 many people remove MC64 to stablise Vdimm and Abit do it now too is there any reason you didnt remove it for your Vdimm Mod?

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Originally posted by Nobes
    Hipro5 many people remove MC64 to stablise Vdimm and Abit do it now too is there any reason you didnt remove it for your Vdimm Mod?

UNFORTUNATELY..Those people you are talking for, misanderstood the reason WHY ABIT don't put MC64 on their Max 3 series boards any more......

ABIT didn't took it off for stabilisation reasons......They took it off because some of the mobos(and I think a lot) couldn't boot up at all with the MC64 capacitor AND the 680 Ohms resistor and that's ONLY for the Max 3 series boards....

As a matter of fact I've tried that too on IC7 and IC7-G boards..No change at all and a bit worse I could say .......On my mobo except of the MC64 (100nf capacitor) , I've solder another 100nf in paralel with it......NOT exceed over 250 - 300 nf overal coz mobo won't start(bootup) if moded....
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Yes my board is a MAX 3 and in the exact words of abit on the abit forums were to "fix the problem of the DDR voltage being unstable if set at 2.9-3.1v."
    "This should take care of the fluctuation problem."

I was more interested in the Vdimm fix that Abit are doing (by removing MC64) than an actual Vdimm volt mod, as my Vdimm fluctuates at high voltages enough to casue the system to restart.
    Never had a problem booting and never heard anyone mention that either.

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Originally posted by Nobes
    Yes my board is a MAX 3 and in the exact words of abit on the abit forums were to "fix the problem of the DDR voltage being unstable if set at 2.9-3.1v."
    "This should take care of the fluctuation problem."

I was more interested in the Vdimm fix that Abit are doing (by removing MC64) than an actual Vdimm volt mod, as my Vdimm fluctuates at high voltages enough to casue the system to restart.
    Never had a problem booting and never heard anyone mention that either.
    Yes above 2.8Vmem on Max 3 series a cirquit is "in" with a transistor and two resistors so as to archive up to 3.2Vmem......That's the problem.....Even if you have the MC64 on your mobo or unsolder it , the VTT will never be OK......So there isn't a "complete" cirquit running on the Max 3 series for your Rams.......
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Xtreme Legend
    Hipro5, I need your help again

After succesfull VAGP mod, I swapped my graphicscard and ripped the upper wire of VAGP mod off It ripped the trace off too, so its quite *ucked upp.

So can I just solder a wire between VAGP mosfet and Winbond chip third leg, and perform the mod that way?

Thanks

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Hipro5, I need your help again

After succesfull VAGP mod, I swapped my graphicscard and ripped the upper wire of VAGP mod off It ripped the trace off too, so its quite *ucked upp.

So can I just solder a wire between VAGP mosfet and Winbond chip third leg, and perform the mod that way?

Thanks
    Yes you can do it.............Beware to solder on the leg of the Mos which we mesure on.........
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Xtreme Member
    Check out my new ic7 vmod ere that, for me, significantly improved on the old 3.3v psu sense wire mod to get more voltage to the vddr regulators:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...threadid=39116

Xtreme Member
    Holy crap!

Hipro! - you have run into the same mistake i made - luckily i noticed within a minute.

Running that mosfet to 5v, doesnt just supply the VDDR mosfets with 5v...it also supplies the south bridge, the AGP mosfet regulator and the PLL CHIP - not to mention others.....those chips are going to burn up! - my pll chip was scorching already for the minute it was on 5v

Do a continuity test from the output of that mosfet (the drain tab) to top left pin of the pll chip - and ya will see what i mean.

Please see my mod here on how to do it without incinerating your PLL nd southbridge :/

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...threadid=39116

....'Btw, for hipro and other hardcore vmod makers, i mentioned earlier that the 3.3v supplied to the DDR mosfets actually comes from another mosfet - for those with the data sheet for the w83303d who r looking at the application circuit, please note that ABIT deviated somewhat from that schematic and decided to supply many other chips from the '3.3vDual' output - which i found out when i simply tried to reroute the 5v there instead....the PLL chip and southbridge got toasty lol. Unfortunately the only safe way to do this mod is as above and disconnect both vddr mosfets from that 3.3vDual source and connect em direct to 5v.'

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    I'll check it out.....
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast