Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: AMD Makes It Official: September 10th For HD 5xxx Launch

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ceevee View Post
    I have stayed FAR away from this board due to a toxic AMD/ATI fanboy culture, and a lot of new people who had no respect or memory of the way this site used to be back in the day....

Staying up all night, helping each other, pushing clocks to the max, not caring about brands but about maxing out whatever you had.

Now its just probably 50% fanboys sniping at each other, makes me sad.

What also makes me sad is people with 2007-2009 join dates who have over 1000 posts. Trust me, you don't have that much of importance to say and you are polluting the board and reducing its quality with inane BS.

I am back briefly because I was considering a new build soon but actually after reviewing results and leaks it looks like I may do better to wait until Q1 2010, when the upgrade will be more dramatic in effect, instead of just incremental.
    ohh great one, thanks for not 'polluting' this board with your awsomeness, and now 'showing us the light' with your anti fanboy' reflections

now the real part, you are talking pure bull here matey, red and green camps have excisted since time began, in sports, wars and in XS.

and while your there, suck on my 1000+ posts in just over a year, Mr nothing to say. all my posts have been pure quality, ask Movieman

as for join dates? i was a member here two years before you, dont let the 2008 join date fool you.

back on topic, i cant wait for this release, i am 100% getting this card, and puting my Nivdia GTX260 on hold for a while, i need a new toy.

ohh and ceevee, what am i? an Nvidia or ATI fanboy? im curious

Xtreme Mentor
    I have stayed FAR away from this board due to a toxic AMD/ATI fanboy culture, and a lot of new people who had no respect or memory of the way this site used to be back in the day....

Staying up all night, helping each other, pushing clocks to the max, not caring about brands but about maxing out whatever you had.

What also makes me sad is people with 2007-2009 join dates who have over 1000 posts. Trust me, you don't have that much of importance to say and you are polluting the board and reducing its quality with inane BS.

I am back briefly because I was considering a new build soon but actually after reviewing results and leaks it looks like I may do better to wait until Q1 2010, when the upgrade will be more dramatic in effect, instead of just incremental.

I made a post with as much point as yours...
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Understand what your saying, but what what's achieved by saying it?

Xtreme Member

drama on XS? really?

Xtreme Addict
    Now that we've had our fun with ceevee we can get back on topic and look at some tessellation in action

http://www.pcper.com/comments.php?nid=7640

Xtreme Member

Gee, we could have cut that whole post down to the last paragraph and maintained all of the useful points!

Quote Originally Posted by trinibwoy View Post
    Now that we've had our fun with ceevee we can get back on topic and look at some tessellation in action

Ambient occlusion is definitely one of the more interesting new features, but the supposed performance hit is pretty bad. I guess we'll have to wait for review hardware to see how this really turns out.
    Gaming Box

Ryzen R7 1700X * ASUS PRIME X370-Pro * 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 * XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB * Corsair HX620 * 250GB Crucial BX100 * 1TB Seagate 7200.11

EK Supremacy MX * Swiftech MCR320 * 3x Fractal Venture HP-12 * EK D5 PWM

Xtreme Mentor

looks awesome =)
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Banned
    looks great, thats a damn fine case there (Lian Li PC-7FW), someone else has one of those majestic cases, i wonder who?

Xtreme Mentor

It took hrs to load but was worth it...

DX11 seems more interesting than DX10 was at least.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by D749 View Post
    It figures that the 5xxx will be out before I get around to WCing my 4xxx.
    That's a good thing, it's easier to ebay the 48xx before 5xxx launch since you don't have to swap coolers
    core i7 920, gigabyte EX58-UD5, 4870x2

DDC3.2 > PA120.3 > DD4870x2fc > Fuzion v1 > PA120.2 > EK Res

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grimREEFER View Post
    will dx11 be out for vista by this time?
    or will the actual card come before the api?
    Well, rembember the R300 & DirectX 9 situation, the GPU arrives 2 months before the API.

Xtreme Addict
    Hopefully the sub $125, < 150 mm2 parts w/o ext. power connector will be out soon. Should outperform the HD4670 by fair margin.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaidev View Post
    It took hrs to load but was worth it...

DX11 seems more interesting than DX10 was at least.
    (i just turned off HD mode on vid n it loaded quick ish =)..)

and yeah + 1 on that statement i completely agree with what he said about why dx10 didn't hit aswell as it "should" have or as expected

and I think as DX10 was a big selling point of vista, dx11 is with win7 (+ its in vista wich is bonus) I just think DX11 will actually be used, give it this time next year and a lot more games will eb coming out and have patches etc.. for it quite liking the new features
    //James

Xtreme Enthusiast
    The outcome of Vista eventually decides the fate of DX10 gaming. Despite DX10's demise some games, using the API even delivered some of the promises.

DX11 is new and should be better, as having it on Win 7 is a better starting point.

Seeing how a 5xxx performs on Windows 7 should be very exciting, more when its presumably the first wave of DX11 cards to hit the market.
    [[Daily R!G]]
    Core i7 920 D0 @ 4.0GHz w/ 1.325 vcore.
    Rampage II Gene||CM HAF 932||HX850||MSI GTX 660ti PE OC||Corsair H50||G.Skill Phoenix 3 240GB||G.Skill NQ 6x2GB||Samsung 2333SW

flickr

Xtreme Member
    what do you all speculate the price point being after the 5870x2 saturates into the market, i know they will be super expensive in the beginning ( maybe not because as i recall 4800 series was priced nicely out of the gate)?
    CPU: Q6600 @ 3.4ghz Mobo: Gigabyte P35-DS4 CPU Cooler: Tuniq Tower
    GPU: ATI HD4850 700/1070 RAM: 4x1GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-1066 PSU: OCZ GameXStream 600W
    Sound card: X-Fi Fatal1ty HDD: Western Digital Raptor 74gb / 320GB Seagate
    Display: 22" Gateway HD2200 Headset: Audio-Technica AD700

Quote Originally Posted by MaByBoI View Post
    they looked at them and said that they dont accept print off coupons, one asked their manager and i over heard the manager say "no they're probly lying, we dont accept these kinds of coupons"
    Quote Originally Posted by tool_462 View Post
    At which point the proper response is to pretend you are on your cell phone and say "No, it looks like the manager is a major douche, looks like we can't eat tonight...again, sorry son."

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatecrasherlok View Post
    wow this is getting exciting indeed with the red team emerging with their new line up. Hopefully his prompts Nvidia into action though
    I agree, lets bring in both camps for some good competition again, the gtx 200 series and 4000 series gave us some amazing price/performance video cards, lets hope we get the same thing this round as well!!! good job Ati for once again making good products.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator! View Post
    what do you all speculate the price point being after the 5870x2 saturates into the market, i know they will be super expensive in the beginning ( maybe not because as i recall 4800 series was priced nicely out of the gate)?
    I would expect $500-$600 price range like when the 4xxx series debut.

CPU: Core i7-2600K@4.8Ghz Mobo: Asus Sabertooth P67 Case: Corsair 700D w/ 800D window
    CPU Cooler:
    Corsair H70 w/ 2 GTs AP-15 GPU: 2xGigabyte GTX 670 WindForce OC SLI
    RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws PSU: Corsair AX850W Sound card: Asus Xonar DX + Fiio E9
    HDD:
    Crucial M4 128GB + 4TB HDD Display: 3x30" Dell UltraSharp 3007WFP-HC
    Speakers: Logitech Z-5500 Headphone: Sennheiser HD650

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by labs23 View Post
    The outcome of Vista eventually decides the fate of DX10 gaming. Despite DX10's demise some games, using the API even delivered some of the promises.

DX11 is new and should be better, as having it on Win 7 is a better starting point.

Seeing how a 5xxx performs on Windows 7 should be very exciting, more when its presumably the first wave of DX11 cards to hit the market.
    Vista was pretty resource intensive to begin with and DX10 made games run slower for very little graphical improvement over DX9.

At least DX11 brings some good features to the table. Tessellation looks like it will be used widely in every game and improved performance in shadowing and effects parallax map occullusion.

Every iteration of Directx should aim as it's primary function to improve performance of graphic techniques, like parallax map occullusion. Because as a gamer, once you get into a game, you are not going to notice things like the shadowing unless it's blatantly obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator! View Post
    Expensive. The 4870 debuted at $300 and the 4850 at just under $200. The X2s were probably quite insane.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by iTravis View Post
    It'll be bad, and will probably happen. Why? Because there will be no competition until nVidia will be able to release their DX11 cards.

With their lead, it will be the time for ATI to milk their VCs, and they're going to milk it hard(no pun intended).
    Who wouldn't if they're in the position anyway?
    [[Daily R!G]]
    Core i7 920 D0 @ 4.0GHz w/ 1.325 vcore.
    Rampage II Gene||CM HAF 932||HX850||MSI GTX 660ti PE OC||Corsair H50||G.Skill Phoenix 3 240GB||G.Skill NQ 6x2GB||Samsung 2333SW

flickr

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by iTravis View Post
    agreed. its just simple supply and demand. i do recall amd saying they would not engage in a price war even although they probably will.

I am Xtreme
    Would be in fact smart of AMD to use competitive prices from the start to sell as many cards as possible and improve their market share.
    So I'm not sure here, we'll see how it goes. Depends on yields a lot.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Addict
    I'm hoping there is an X2 version and stock available immediatly...

If an X2 version exists, it's likely that that ASUS Mars card will be dethroned right off the hop...
    Server: HP Proliant ML370 G6, 2x Xeon X5690, 144GB ECC Registered, 8x OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS 240GB on LSi 9265-8i (RAID 0), 12x Seagate Constellation ES.2 3TB SAS on LSi 9280-24i4e (RAID 6) and dual 1200W redundant power supplies.
    Gamer: Intel Core i7 6950X@4.2GHz, Rampage Edition 10, 128GB (8x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum 2800MHz, 2x NVidia Titan X (Pascal), Corsair H110i, Vengeance C70 w/Corsair AX1500i, Intel P3700 2TB (boot), Samsung SM961 1TB (Games), 2x Samsung PM1725 6.4TB (11.64TB usable) Windows Software RAID 0 (local storage).
    Beater: Xeon E5-1680 V3, NCase M1, ASRock X99-iTX/ac, 2x32GB Crucial 2400MHz RDIMMs, eVGA Titan X (Maxwell), Samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Corsair SF600, Asetek 92mm AIO water cooler.
    Server/workstation: 2x Xeon E5-2687W V2, Asus Z9PE-D8, 256GB 1866MHz Samsung LRDIMMs (8x32GB), eVGA Titan X (Maxwell), 2x Intel S3610 1.6TB SSD, Corsair AX1500i, Chenbro SR10769, Intel P3700 2TB.

Thanks for the help (or lack thereof) in resolving my P3700 issue, FUGGER...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    Would be in fact smart of AMD to use competitive prices from the start to sell as many cards as possible and improve their market share.
    So I'm not sure here, we'll see how it goes. Depends on yields a lot.
    that what i think to, if they can sell a lot of card before the gt300 come out they can make the gt300 somewhat irrelevant
    if the cards are about the same speed

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I wonder if some of what's being announced has anything to do with the fusion render cloud, or cinema 2.0. Haven't heard anything about either in a while now. Didn't AMD say the fusion render cloud would be announced toward the end of the summer?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast