Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: DC Vault Projects Thread

Xtreme Addict
    Kaptain : Every one must select the projects that he/she feels comfortable. That is why XtremeSystems is such a great community.

Space for Rent

Ker-Pow !
    Im glad to see that we have renewed interest in gaining vault standings after achieveing numero uno in Rosetta.

Like I said before we need to choose a project and blitz it for a month and then we can gain some high standings quite quickly. The longer we wait the harder we have to work.

beefin' it up!
    who's waiting? i'm already divided 50/50 between rosey and QMC

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by thewildblue
    Im glad to see that we have renewed interest in gaining vault standings after achieveing numero uno in Rosetta.

Like I said before we need to choose a project and blitz it for a month and then we can gain some high standings quite quickly. The longer we wait the harder we have to work.

There is not even a need to blitz for a month. Careful selection of projects will get us a lot of vault pints without scarificing the major projects. That is the beauty of a points systems like the vault that rewards with more points movement in projects where the initila standinng is low.

Space for Rent

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody_Sorcerer

I am not waiting.

Currently I am spread like this.

3 x AMD DC on QMC
    1 x DX on D2OL
    2 x 1/2 DX on PrimeGrid
    2 x 1/2 DX on Senenteen or Bust
    5 x instances of dimes running

312 Xeon Threads + GTX 1080 + GTX 1070 + BFL Monarch 700

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody_Sorcerer

Sorcerer when I say wait..it means lets really get very well organized and that is comming soon... the other DC teams are going to cry when they realize what hit them You are a living proof of what being disciplined and using ressources carefully and efficinetly can do for the benefit of all the teams you join.

BTW any one of you that can run the world community grid , eon or ubero thingies and leave them running unattended without sacrificing too much do so, and joint the XtremeSystems teams. While we are far away from number one on those projects the way the vault points are calculated, a lot of vault points will be gotten even with a slight movement.

Space for Rent

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by KaptainBlaZzed
    I am not waiting.

Currently I am spread like this.

3 x AMD DC on QMC
    1 x DX on D2OL
    2 x 1/2 DX on PrimeGrid
    2 x 1/2 DX on Senenteen or Bust
    5 x instances of dimes running
    Did you join our Prime Grid team? Only Melymel and I are shown as active in the roster?

Space for Rent

beefin' it up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jose
    Sorcerer when I say wait..it means lets really get very well organized and that is comming soon... the other DC teams are going to cry when they realize what hit them You are a living proof of what being disciplined and using ressources carefully and efficinetly can do for the benefit of all the teams you join.
    *points at his MJ12 and DIMES scores while whistling*
    all those other projects i run are merely filler for my CPU when it gets bored organizing packets and archiving crap for MJ12

Ker-Pow !
    @Kaptain

What do you find it the best on memory resources as I find r@h to be the most hungry, specially for a DX when you are trying to run VMs as well. When I run qmc I found that was very good on memory.

Xtreme Cruncher
    @Kaptain

What do you find it the best on memory resources as I find r@h to be the most hungry, specially for a DX when you are trying to run VMs as well. When I run qmc I found that was very good on memory.

Hachclash uses almost no memory neither does senenteern or bust.

you can run 2 instances of each on the same DX and still have 200mb free out of 512mb.

I am not sure about PrimeGrid yet, but i think rosetta was the worst about eating memory.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Memory usage for Primegrid i've seen range from 15-25mb per instance so it's quite good.

XS_THE_MACHINE
    Something you guys have to understand is there are some people like DDTung that are allowed to install it on their work comps and dont have much access to them afterwords. So for someone like DDTung, I think a project that would be perfect would be seventeen and bust, as everyone has a large lead on us. With DDTung doing well in that, we can focus on other easy projects until any certain project needs a "stampede".
    "Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting"

clicks to save kids

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by moddolicous
    Something you guys have to understand is there are some people like DDTung that are allowed to install it on their work comps and dont have much access to them afterwords. So for someone like DDTung, I think a project that would be perfect would be seventeen and bust, as everyone has a large lead on us. With DDTung doing well in that, we can focus on other easy projects until any certain project needs a "stampede".

Please remeber that Victor is commited to Rosetta at least to the end of CASP 7 ( He has been clear on that and I think we should respect his wishes)

Space for Rent

Ker-Pow !
    Hachclash uses almost no memory neither does senenteern or bust.

you can run 2 instances of each on the same DX and still have 200mb free out of 512mb.

I am not sure about PrimeGrid yet, but i think rosetta was the worst about eating memory.

Cheers for that. I will look at putting sob on a DX soon then.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Cheers for that. I will look at putting sob on a DX soon then.
    DX's owen in SOB, they are good for ~600g per day.

But if you only run 2 instances of SOB you still get ~400g per day and then you can run 2 instances of a BOINC project. That is what i do, you just stop SOB bench the comp with only 2 cpu's thus giving you a higher BMark and then restart SOB. That way you get maximum points from your machine.
    Last edited by KaptainBlaZzed; 06-19-2006 at 10:25 AM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I would love to see a separate forum for DC Vault or "other" DC projects.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I was think that would be nice too. It seems the DIMES forum has become the DIMES etc. Forum.
    A wolf in wolves clothing.

Ker-Pow !
    Well I dont mind having the vault stuff here, seems to fit in fine in my view. Any stickies you guys want just let me know, start your own thread if you like so you can edit at your pleasure (im not always on) and if we feel it should be stickied I will do so.....hope that makes sense. Maybe we should rename the Dimes forum the DC Projects forum.

Xtreme Cruncher
    are there any other BOINC projects that allow the use of optimized clients other than Rosetta, QMC, and HashClash?

I really like to run the ones with optimized clients.

I know these do not:
    LHC
    Predictor
    PrimeGrid

Xtreme Cruncher
    Has hashclash started sending out work yet?
    A wolf in wolves clothing.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonOrta
    Has hashclash started sending out work yet?

No not yet, the server still has ~25,000 completed WU to process.

I think they need a better server.

Xtreme Addict
    are there any other BOINC projects that allow the use of optimized clients other than Rosetta, QMC, and HashClash?

I really like to run the ones with optimized clients.

I know these do not:
    LHC
    Predictor
    PrimeGrid
    I used to think the lack of acceptance of optimized clients by Prime Grid and Ztaki Desk could be a problem. ( Rememebre I am the ZtakiDesk Team LOL LOL ) In some ways it is not because the work units are processed so fast one accumulates a lot of points so one moves up fast. Also the more people with optimized clients into the mix the higher the chance two optimized computers get into the quorum and the quorum myth gets broken.

Again remember that these projects since few people are in and because we have a relatively low team position will reward us with more credits for the vault standing for every upward movements. This one of the cases we do not need even in the top 10 to get mucho primo vault points.

Again that's I why I have been repeating: lets hit the projects where we are in low position first: milk the fast and easy prime amount of vault points ; help MJ12 get to first, start the raids to get Dimes to First, redo DC history in Rosetta and get ready to pounce on all projects. The mere sight of XtremeSystems moving up will get the others team in a quandary of what project they are going to protect and fight us head to head. As they reorganize , we crunch them slowly but surely. ( I got inspired by DDTUNG's signature please read it and smile: he has things in perpespective.) The fun part is that this bunch of overclokers will beat them with their rules; rules that have been stacked against teams like ours.

Meditate on this one: what we dis in Rosetta we went to the top in less than 4 months, gave back close to 4 million points and came with a vengeance and in less than a month retook 1st place and ...shows our power and our discipline..imagine the others teams that know this seing us moving up im many projects at the same time while still doind Dimes and Roetta at seemingly full blast: the sense of doom will hit them and make them easier to hit .

Space for Rent

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonOrta
    I was think that would be nice too. It seems the DIMES forum has become the DIMES etc. Forum.
    Right, and I don't run Dimes, so it seems funny to check here for other DC projects input.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose
    Please remeber that Victor is commited to Rosetta at least to the end of CASP 7 ( He has been clear on that and I think we should respect his wishes)
    Also remember that he's got a bunch of P4's that would be good on that seventeen or bust, but Like I said in the other threads.. CASP7... then take the world!

Xtreme Addict
    BTw for all of you interested in Vault standing
    http://www.dc-vault.com/showteam.php?team=311 we went up to 28 to day most of the close to 4 k points that moved us up to 28 came from EON (where I am the only team member that I know of ) and Ubero ( Where again I am the only team member) This again shows who in the "lesser teams"a small move is rewarded better.

Look at the position we have at SETI ,,, that project can be milked for a lot of easy credits fast, if one can tolerate SETI. We could ask one of the renegade SETI Teams to join us as a subteam of Xtreme LOL LOL LO ...(Somebody shoot me please LOL )

Space for Rent

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast