Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Vault Projects Thread

Xtreme Member
    just created a team for ClimatePrediction ( http://climateapps2.oucs.ox.ac.uk/cpdnboinc/ )

ive set 5% of my cpu onto it. will add it to DCVault when there some points.

RwD

Xtreme Cruncher
    OK people if you check out the rosetta section you will notice that on JUNE 17th well this saturday and the duration of this Sunday we are pushing for the big 1 MILLION day and need ALL the help we can get so I'm going to plead with you like me to swap all rigs back to rosetta for that one day.

Xtreme Member
    will do Sir!

RwD

Xtreme Cruncher
    no problem, will switch to Rosetta for a couple of days.

312 Xeon Threads + GTX 1080 + GTX 1070 + BFL Monarch 700

Xtreme Cruncher
    Thanks guys and as i said everything and them some is going to be needed for this but it's certainly going to be impressive .

Xtreme Addict
    BTW: Many of you may have World Community Grid credits floating arround. I found that there was an XtremeSystems Team that had not been registered and I registered. If you have world Community Credits do register them as part of the XtremeSystem Team

ALSO: If you register an XtremeSystems Team please do check with NJKID or any of the Administrators and kindly provide the teams password/

Please do check the Vault page for the registered XtremeSystems Teams. If any of you have credits already won for those projects that are registered and have not "joined" the respective teams do so. This basic accounting action helps.

And finnally Mucho thanks to all of you that are helping the Rosetta Team reach Freedom Day and the 1 Million Mark day. Your help is appreciated and dully noted and believe me it will be reciprocated.

Space for Rent

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinsewand
    just created a team for ClimatePrediction ( http://climateapps2.oucs.ox.ac.uk/cpdnboinc/ )

ive set 5% of my cpu onto it. will add it to DCVault when there some points.

RwD
    Do register it as soon as possible. Registering it even with a single memebe in a team gives a nice chucnk of points. Also please remeber to provide the password to a team administrator.

Space for Rent

Xtreme Cruncher
    now that we are #1 in Rosetta we need to get out DC-vault standing up.
    (or soon to be)

I was thinking that we should do a kind of Tri-athlon with our DC projects.
    we run a project for a week or so and then switch to a diferent one, thus giving us a decent showing in all projects and getting our standing way up.

We could take QMC or Hashclash in 1 day and have 2 more #1 spots.

After that i am not sure what projects would be good to run, maybe every BOINC project just to keep it easy.

Let me know what you think, I am going back to HashcClash after the day is done. I like it because of the short WU's.

XS_THE_MACHINE
    Well, thats gonna be really hard for DDTung. I think if DDTung desides to stay crunching, he should put his DX rigs on Seventeen and bust, and we'd have to find some other project good for AMD. BTW, I think we should keep our daily high til we have a decent lead on Free-dc.
    "Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting"

clicks to save kids

Xtreme Cruncher
    i know it would be really hard for DDTUNG, but most everybody has direct access to the comps. all the time and it should not be much of a problem.

I would definately say lets get a nice lead on FDC, but we can start to divert some of our recources elsewhere; since we are doing 3X their out put per day right now. I also do not see FDC tring to take back this spot, since they have lost it twice to us now and know that it we really want it we will take it.

I now that we are the #1 producing team in HashClash right now and i am producing 80% of the points my self. I expect to be in the top 10 by the end of the week.

beefin' it up!
    lets run down F-DC or DPC in another main project

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody_Sorcerer
    lets run down F-DC or DPC in another main project

FDC is #2 in QMC and #1 in HashCalsh.

lets take them down.

beefin' it up!
    there won't be any new work in hashclash for a while; they found a useful collision and have enough work flying around to last a while. Regardless, I've attached to hashclash and QMC (in addition to Rosetta) so i should be divided 3 ways; we'll see how it goes.

Xtreme Cruncher
    there won't be any new work in hashclash for a while; they found a useful collision and have enough work flying around to last a while. Regardless, I've attached to hashclash and QMC (in addition to Rosetta) so i should be divided 3 ways; we'll see how it goes.

i know HashClash is out of work and it is because of me. HaHaHa

Check it out.

Hi Robert T. Silva

You can see the progress on the Server Status Page
    here : Server-Status

now : 55,799 Results in progress. [As of 14 Jun 2006 20:49:50 UTC]

10 % from one User : USER, with 3 Hosts

greetz DAXL

Xtreme Cruncher
    well done Kaptain now that's an acheivment I was doing alright in Hashclash until you nicked all the work . If you want another short wu boinc project I recommend primegrid. The wu's are about as long as hashclash ones and i was able to get XS into the top 5 producing teams on my own with only the power I used in Hashclash so It shouldn't be hard to get first in .

Xtreme Addict
    People : Lets start getting organized. I am developing a plan that will allow the Rosetta Team march on for their crazy goals while helping the other teams go for the top and while marching for dc dominance in an organized , methodical and ruthless way. All of this while having fun.

I am checking all the Vault Projects to see if there are projects in which there are semi inactive teams or individuals that have points but have not joined the XtremeSystems Teams . I am also checking to see in which projects we do not have a team registered or the team is unregistered. I will report back to you in a day or two.

Believe me : Al projects are going to get help, Rosetta Domination is going to be absolute and legendary, the teams that are close to being at the top will get at the top and the other teams will get moving as we will get Vault domination too. We will get the Dimes Team on to the top

These are great times to continue recruiting new members for the XtremeSystems Teams.

The great thing about discipline and focus and power is that it is efficient

PS to Rinsewand : Please as soon as you get your first credits in the Climate Prediction Project register the team at the vault. Do not worry of you are the only member for now. The important thing is to have the team registered ASAP.
    Last edited by Jose; 06-19-2006 at 06:17 AM.

Space for Rent

Xtreme Addict
    BTW: Want to get started into the Vault Domination Race. Please remember that the projects where one gain the most points easier and fastest are the projects where the team right now has a low standing (under a 100) ; the lower the current standing the higher the amount of points we gain as we move up. (I checked the Vault Formula and this effect is a direct result of the way credits are calculated).

The nice thing is that we can allot small amount of resources into a group of small projects , while keeping our prime interests well supported ( like Dimes, Rosetta etc) and we can move up fast. Please notice that while we were concentrated in Rosetta ( Again thanks to all for their help) we did move up to 29 because the smaller teams moved up a little while providing the larger number of points the score formula allows for. Keep this in mind: we don't have to sacrifice our favorite projects, all we have to do is to get organized )

As to Prime Grid: Right now our team standing is the result of two team members so you can imagine what 5-10 new members doing some crunching . Ditto for SIMAP, Ditto for SZTAKI Desktop Grid were I am the team , Ditto for UBERO, EON and World Community Grid and so on.

Also remember that Right now , all the Majestic 12 team need is a little help and they go over the top with ease.

PS.... Guerrilla warfare is and can be fun. Lets start nipping at the heels of the other projects. Get the Top teams worried and weakened and then POUNCE for the kill ....

As I said before: I is a great time to belong to XtremeSystems.
    Last edited by Jose; 06-19-2006 at 06:20 AM.

Space for Rent

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Jose
    The nice thing is that we can allot small amount of resources into a group of small projects , while keeping our prime interests well supported ( like Dimes, Rosetta etc) and we can move up fast.
    precisely the point we have been trying to make. Jose I don't know if you saw where we started but before we started our vault attack we were down 130+ and now we're 29th while still maintaining 500K+ in rosetta.

Below is the formula for point calculation for those that still don't know and as you can see by knowing this you can work out which projects are best such as E@H and S@H because of the large amount of teams etc.

Overall score = Sum of all category scores
    Category scores = Sum of all projects scores in a category
    Project score = 10000 - ((Position - 1) * (10000 / Total number of teams in the project))

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by melymel2789
    precisely the point we have been trying to make. Jose I don't know if you saw where we started but before we started our vault attack we were down 130+ and now we're 29th while still maintaining 500K+ in rosetta.

Below is the formula for point calculation for those that still don't know and as you can see by knowing this you can work out which projects are best such as E@H and S@H because of the large amount of teams etc.

Overall score = Sum of all category scores
    Category scores = Sum of all projects scores in a category
    Project score = 10000 - ((Position - 1) * (10000 / Total number of teams in the project))

melymel2789 I hope you remeber that all I said was that all the major teams efforts need not to be sacrificed and yet we can be numero 1 at the vault.

The key here is to remeber that all our goals have been met when we work as a team. There are on egos in a team that works great. Every Contribution small and great is welcomed .

See one of the problems we had was tht certain people wanted all the glory , personal glory and that screwed things over.

Want to laugh I am the XtremeSystems EON Team and Ubero Team . I dont even know how eon or ubero work and I have not even checked my personal stats but I know XtremeSystems gained nice points in the vault, so at other projects where I am the only one member.

As I Have said to you before: We will be numero 1 at The Vault and the team members will help other teams get to be Numerro uno in their projects. We have proved to all that when we as a team commit to a goal , we as a team will do.

BTW if you can find about 5 P3s even that are not OC. There is a small project ready to get moving and get nice points .

Stranbgely enough the project that can gives us the highest jump at the Vault is the the project every one avoids like the plague: SETI LOL LOL LOL

Space for Rent

Xtreme Cruncher
    I am moving my DX's to Primegrid bacause they can not handle the long workunits of QMC. it will take about 20 hours per WU on a DX

beefin' it up!
    MJ12 would be over the top (and with a nice margin) with only 5 more members (or 5 existing members) matching top production (ie, mine or moddo's [or haltech's until his gets back in the sky]). even if you can't come close to 1M a day, we need every last scrap of bandwidth! bring in the 56K modems!!! Since when did XS settle for only being 4th in dailies for a project, especially one as dominatable as MJ12?! C'mon gang, we can do better

what we need is a new subteam, XS_Swat_Team, for all these side projects...

Xtreme Addict
    MJ12 would be over the top (and with a nice margin) with only 5 more members (or 5 existing members) matching top production (ie, mine or moddo's [or haltech's until his gets back in the sky]). even if you can't come close to 1M a day, we need every last scrap of bandwidth! bring in the 56K modems!!! Since when did XS settle for only being 4th in dailies for a project, especially one as dominatable as MJ12?! C'mon gang, we can do better

what we need is a new subteam, XS_Swat_Team, for all these side projects...

In my humble opinion that is the first project that should be helped. Not only because it is one of the esiaest but because we know why.

Space for Rent

beefin' it up!
    because F-DC is right in front of us and we can trample them again?

Xtreme Addict
    because F-DC is right in front of us and we can trample them again?
    Lets not rile Free Dc that much at least for a day or two. LOL LOL Tets say they are in a state of what the hell happened to our big Rosetta Lead of 4 months ago ...lol lol I

Space for Rent

Xtreme Cruncher
    I thought about running MJ12, but them i saw that it required that i install .NET and i decided i did not want to do that.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast