Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey XS we got a Majestic 12 team !

Ker-Pow !
    Quote Originally Posted by gpcola
    I'm abroad right now (sunny Milton Keynes, UK) for 2 weeks, but when I get back to Rome I'll join in. How much bandwidth does this project use daily?

Your about 30mins away from me at the moment then Im just outside Aylesbury !

We should meet for a beer.

Xtreme Member
    didnt realise there was anyone else from the UK!

currently using 33mb and 2% cpu...

will put it on my other rig at uni when i go over, looks like its died as the dimes stats are 0's...

RwD

Xtreme Cruncher
    I'm from UK too although a few miles from MK. All i remember of Milton Keynes was a lot of graffiti and getting threatened from the "keynes krew"

UCmajewski: I'm onboard for being part of that team with all the power of my 3 rigs , probably suit me as i get board doing the same project for a long stint (apart from DIMES). I'll just crunch one WU for SETi as i agree that it is a pointless project, then I will swap to SOB. I'll crunch the WU to get the XS name on the board. My stats sig is getting nicely fattened out now though.

Last edited by [XC]melymel; 05-11-2006 at 12:46 PM.

Ker-Pow !
    MK is a dump in my view, all the London overspill scumbags from the 60s as it was built as a new town. Really easy to get around though because of the grid system. Its rough as you like at night though in the clubs, I remember each time I had a night out there I would always see someone getting bottled on either the dance floor or the bar. Didnt bother me at the time as I was always really drunk......lol

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by thewildblue
    MK is a dump in my view, all the London overspill scumbags from the 60s as it was built as a new town. Really easy to get around though because of the grid system. Its rough as you like at night though in the clubs, I remember each time I had a night out there I would always see someone getting bottled on either the dance floor or the bar. Didnt bother me at the time as I was always really drunk......lol
    Hey, that's my ex-home-base you're talking about C'mon, MK isn't that rough...(well most of it isn't anyway lol)

I'd be up for going for a ... as long as you're buying

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by melymel2789
    I'm from UK too although a few miles from MK. All i remember of Milton Keynes was a lot of graffiti and getting threatened from the "keynes krew"

UCmajewski: I'm onboard for being part of that team with all the power of my 3 rigs , probably suit me as i get board doing the same project for a long stint (apart from DIMES). I'll just crunch one WU for SETi as i agree that it is a pointless project, then I will swap to SOB. I'll crunch the WU to get the XS name on the board. My stats sig is getting nicely fattened out now though.

Cool Cool Cool ..... if we can figure out another physical science project to get into that would be great as well. As far as mathematics goes this project http://www.rieselsieve.com/ seems like one to we can move up in as well. Any team would be a move up as far as the vault standings is concerned.

Ill go for one more project for my siggy, as long as we all can get on it and own pretty quickly..

Were flying up the charts on maj::P

I love rosetta and maj so far, dont wanna take on something that will hamper my performance in either of these though...

Pick something thats relatively little or no effect on either of these two apps and im down for it..

3 dual core 64 rigs here, pushing some decent cpu powaaaa
    Join the XS WCG team and do your part to help save the world..
    ^^^Click here to start folding for the soon to be number one team in the world..^^^

Main rig: Gigabyte DS3/6300@3.2 7950 GX2/Server:Expert/165@2.9/PCI vid/Wifes:ASrock Dual SATA2/3800@2.4/X800XTAIW/Kids:165@2.7/X850XTPE

"A computer beat me in chess, but it was no match when it came to kickboxing"
    -Emo Philips

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophy
    Ill go for one more project for my siggy, as long as we all can get on it and own pretty quickly..

Were flying up the charts on maj::P

I love rosetta and maj so far, dont wanna take on something that will hamper my performance in either of these though...

Pick something thats relatively little or no effect on either of these two apps and im down for it..

3 dual core 64 rigs here, pushing some decent cpu powaaaa
    With any BOINC project you can attach more projects and throttle them to use less CPU power. I think we have ran out of majestic 12 / dimes / red library projects that use no cpu power. I installed moneybee and it uses signifcant resources.
    Last edited by UCmajewski; 05-11-2006 at 08:23 PM.

beefin' it up!
    odd, MJ12 is back to using like zero CPU now (though 45 megs of ram still). *shrug*
    i wish i had some more firepower to bring to the table... so many different cpu-intensive tasks i'd like to do, so few good for borging...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Well fellow majestic 12 team mates we will probably BBQ the Dutch Power Cows tomorrow ....... we did it in Rosetta ... we did it in QMC ... now hopefully we can get them in Majestic 12 tomorrow. Make that three BBQs in the past weeK!

Xtreme Member
    added another client on my Uni pc...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    hey UCmajewski how about uFluids@Home for the other physics team? the cows are at number 2 so it gives us a chance to roast them again and it looks like it would be fairly easy to fly up the ranks.
    Ed.
    Conroe E6420 @ 3.3ghz at the moment.
    DFI Dark P965
    2gb Geil DDR800 4-4-4-12
    8800GTS 512mb
    1.7TB Storage
    CM Stacker

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieate
    hey UCmajewski how about uFluids@Home for the other physics team? the cows are at number 2 so it gives us a chance to roast them again and it looks like it would be fairly easy to fly up the ranks.
    Ed.
    or Einstein@home. We wouldn't get high in the ranks but a quick run would score some easy points. UFluids might be more fun though as we would get some more recognition. I need more rigs now as each of mine is running a different project and they all have dimes and that Red library thing.

P.S. for SOB do you need a password to join XtremeSystems? as it keeps asking for one.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I need more rigs
    Quoted for Truth
    Conroe E6420 @ 3.3ghz at the moment.
    DFI Dark P965
    2gb Geil DDR800 4-4-4-12
    8800GTS 512mb
    1.7TB Storage
    CM Stacker

beefin' it up!
    P.S. for SOB do you need a password to join XtremeSystems? as it keeps asking for one.
    Jose was having that issue; look around in the R@H forum and see if anyone figured it out.

yeah, we all need more rigs... or at least more ram. Speaking of RAM, i nabbed 15 sticks of what i think is 16-32 megs of PC66-PC133 today and 2 socket 370 celeries. anyone have any thoughts on uses for this stuff?

i wish i had more machines, or that more of these projects were easier to borg with. right now i've got 7+ rigs running F@H simply because it takes 30 seconds to borg with and they'll never know its there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RAM_AND_CPU.jpg 
Views:	476 
Size:	108.0 KB 
ID:	47071  

Xtreme Member
    hmm uses: keyring?

beefin' it up!
    already got a ram-based keychain...

This is wierd to me..
    I have this running on 3 of my pcs ATM
    all have the same security software installed..
    bit defender professional

Al running same settings, why is it my main rig keeps saying that trojan downloader has been found, I know its getting it from majestic but why wouldnt others of my pcs detect them as well?
    Join the XS WCG team and do your part to help save the world..
    ^^^Click here to start folding for the soon to be number one team in the world..^^^

Main rig: Gigabyte DS3/6300@3.2 7950 GX2/Server:Expert/165@2.9/PCI vid/Wifes:ASrock Dual SATA2/3800@2.4/X800XTAIW/Kids:165@2.7/X850XTPE

"A computer beat me in chess, but it was no match when it came to kickboxing"
    -Emo Philips

Xtreme Enthusiast
    We got the DPC yesterday, but they have ramped today. We are 31 st overall with the ninth highest production ...... with 3 or 4 more members would be up there in the production column.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I think as long as the client is running you get 240,000 a day as my clients been running at "0" up and down for the last 2 hours and i still get credited with an exact 10,000 points an hour. So any extra members would make a noticeable difference.

Maybe someone could nicely ask Jeff too run this on weekends when he turns down DIMES?

beefin' it up!
    i love this project! I just totally blew by you mely, and i got the apple pie for today! w00t!

Xtreme Cruncher
    I noticed that 91,000 + 30,000 updates I'm not so keen on it because bandwidth is the restriction and my 2mb just wont cut it. Although it is good incase vm's go down atleast i know the bandwidth aint going to waste.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I joined! Bit earlier than I thought I would, as I managed to talk someone through setting up remote access on my workstation.

Damn though...this thing is pwning my connection! Nearly 2gb downloaded in 3.5hrs

beefin' it up!
    19+ gigs since i started...
    i knew this 4+ M down would be useful someday, even if the 384K up never will be!
    Last edited by Bloody_Sorcerer; 05-13-2006 at 12:29 PM.

Xtreme Bandwith Whore
    Im going to chew this one up and spit it out.. Ive done 10,000 URLs in less than 15 mins... So, any particular settings we can tweak on this thing?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast