Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
Results 201 to 225 of 225

Thread: Hey XS we got a Majestic 12 team !

  1. #201
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    648
    Quote Originally Posted by Duh View Post
    your fiber makes me hate yoy . You do not even need modems , thats amazing. I have both dsl and cable. Both have modems and get stuck very often.
    If you think I have it good ask any Scandinavian(or southeast Asian) Refic can buy a 100 Mbit line for half, maybe a quarter of what I pay for my 50mb line Also the thing about modems/routers is they were designed a decade ago with simple browsing/email in mind and no one saw the future of bandwidth hungry things like youtube/torrents/etc. At the time broadspeed speeds weren't that fast and it's only in the last 10(?) or so years we've gone from 56K to hundreds of Mbps

  2. #202
    Xtreme Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Plymouth (UK)
    Posts
    5,283
    My modem used to freeze doing MJ 12 so I put a fan by it to try to get some more cool air through the passive cooling slots....seems to have worked so far


    My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

  3. #203
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    648
    Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post

    I have a job for you deadly, Idiots guide to multiple instances of MJ under linux on the new 1.7.0.

    Once you have that cracked I would love to see just how much one quad could do
    I think I've figured out the whole process of installing nodes under linux with the help of pt, magnus and refic. I installed 5 nodes under 1 Ubuntu VM and so far they're running great(stats are crap with current data, but no crashes so far, knock on wood). 5 nodes under 1 Ubuntu VM running full power use roughly 40-60% of a Q6600. A single node in a windows VM would use around 20-25% by itself so scale-wise linux has less overhead

    I'm gonna experiment a little more and then post a step-by-step guide on how to install and run a node under Ubuntu soon After the data gets back to the very nice 85% success range I'll try running all linux nodes and see how it goes. I might even switch to linux only depending on the results

  4. #204
    Xtreme Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Plymouth (UK)
    Posts
    5,283
    That's what I wanted to hear. At this time I don't really want to learn a lot about Linux I just want to be able to set up MJ and perhaps later crunching as well on other machines but my daily and laptop will likely stay on windows.

    Whatever you are doing works better than mine ...I went to my machine running 2 nodes 1 as a vm and had 2 buckets open on one and 4 on the other and NoMoreUrlAavailable on both (Could handle up to 150 buckets and 250 workers ) I set up another machine non beta but there are very few buckets available on that too.

    Currently crawling @ around 8 meg Download but as you may have seen I have to cap use during the day so this is probably good for that.


    My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

  5. #205
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    648
    Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    That's what I wanted to hear. At this time I don't really want to learn a lot about Linux I just want to be able to set up MJ and perhaps later crunching as well on other machines but my daily and laptop will likely stay on windows.

    Whatever you are doing works better than mine ...I went to my machine running 2 nodes 1 as a vm and had 2 buckets open on one and 4 on the other and NoMoreUrlAavailable on both (Could handle up to 150 buckets and 250 workers ) I set up another machine non beta but there are very few buckets available on that too.

    Currently crawling @ around 8 meg Download but as you may have seen I have to cap use during the day so this is probably good for that.
    Yea with this data it's hard to gauge how much you're crawling. In my pfSense log the traffic graph is like a roller coaster as the nodes run full speed, then run out of buckets then go back to full speed. Alex said we will get through these bad buckets in a few weeks, though it feels like forever

  6. #206
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    648
    Welcome to the team Malkec dobrodošli!

  7. #207
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    648




  8. #208
    Xtreme Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Plymouth (UK)
    Posts
    5,283
    Welcome to Majestic 12....



    My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

  9. #209
    Xtreme Cruncher
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    L.A. ( Latin America)/ 4socket wannabe
    Posts
    2,767
    the buckets we have a are still a POS, right?

    thx

    another question: how was mjs account got over refic in todays stats with way less power ( BW)? better buckets? I know the bot does not earn anything of credit
    "Study hard my young friend"[/B].
    ---------------------------------------
    Woody: It's not a laser! It's a... [sighs in frustration]

  10. #210
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    648
    Quote Originally Posted by Duh View Post
    the buckets we have a are still a POS, right?

    thx

    another question: how was mjs account got over refic in todays stats with way less power ( BW)? better buckets? I know the bot does not earn anything of credit
    I think it crawls dedicated recrawl buckets only so it almost always has buckets to crawl.

  11. #211
    Xtreme Cruncher
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    L.A. ( Latin America)/ 4socket wannabe
    Posts
    2,767
    yep, todays output is lame to say the least.. we wont even reach the 4 TBwhen we usually do 11 TB per day
    "Study hard my young friend"[/B].
    ---------------------------------------
    Woody: It's not a laser! It's a... [sighs in frustration]

  12. #212
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    648
    [9/23/2011 7:31:54 AM] Failed to get server stats: ConnectivityProblem -- System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 212.74.41.130:80
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(EndPoint remoteEP)
    at Majestic12.ActionManager.ConnectTo(Socket oSocket, String sHost, Int32 iPort)
    at Majestic12.ActionManager.SendActionViaDirectConnec t(Socket& oSocket, ActionRequest oAR, Boolean bPersist)
    [9/23/2011 7:32:17 AM] Failed to get upload target due to ConnectivityProblem
    [9/23/2011 7:32:17 AM] UploadManager: Server seems to be down persistently, so we will wait for at least 60 secs
    [9/23/2011 7:32:39 AM] Failed to get upload target due to ConnectivityProblem
    [9/23/2011 7:32:39 AM] UploadManager: Server seems to be down persistently, so we will wait for at least 60 secs
    [9/23/2011 7:32:52 AM] BucketManager: Server seems to be down persistently, so we will wait for at least 60 secs
    [9/23/2011 7:33:59 AM] Failed to get upload target due to ConnectivityProblem
    [9/23/2011 7:33:59 AM] UploadManager: Server seems to be down persistently, so we will wait for at least 60 secs
    [9/23/2011 7:34:29 AM] BucketManager: Server seems to be down persistently, so we will wait for at least 60 secs

    Is the server down? I can't upload and Alex's forum isn't working for me either

  13. #213
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    648

    Cool

    Very nice run today


  14. #214
    V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    33,457
    I noticed..Nice one!
    Shoot for 60 million tomorrow?
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

  15. #215
    Xtreme Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Plymouth (UK)
    Posts
    5,283
    Easy, ..... If only I could run 24/7

    I've been looking at ways of running real slow during the day though, it seems the best is to drop the buckets to around 20 and migrate ...neither of which can be done automatically...Oh well


    My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

  16. #216
    BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles/Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,040
    Anyone using AT&T around here? Is the bandwidth cap imposed yet?

    I've been thinking about coming back on, especially after I got uverse. But seems like there's a strict cap that caps it at 250GB.

  17. #217
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    648
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    I noticed..Nice one!
    Shoot for 60 million tomorrow?
    I think that will be do-able or very very close

    Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    Easy, ..... If only I could run 24/7

    I've been looking at ways of running real slow during the day though, it seems the best is to drop the buckets to around 20 and migrate ...neither of which can be done automatically...Oh well
    Mike have you checked the profiles tool? I used it a lot when I have scheduled "downloads" and it seems to work great Here is a sample of what might work for you:




    The profile above would activate automatically at 9 AM and turn off at 9 PM and would lower the number of workers to 30(or whatever you choose). You could also play around with the bandwidth limit percent bar but I don't know how accurate it is.




    Quote Originally Posted by lkiller123 View Post
    Anyone using AT&T around here? Is the bandwidth cap imposed yet?

    I've been thinking about coming back on, especially after I got uverse. But seems like there's a strict cap that caps it at 250GB.
    Yeah it's BS Do you have any other ISPs in your area?

  18. #218
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    648
    We did it!

    (with almost 1mil to spare)





  19. #219
    Xtreme Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Plymouth (UK)
    Posts
    5,283
    What's this we business kimo sabe? (old joke)

    Good work there Deadly et al.

    Re: your profiles comment ... I am running that now but those all day never ending buckets don't help because if one node has less of them it can push the total usage over my "allowance" which means that I have to be somewhat conservative.....not so bad at the weekend when I am there to keep an eye on things but the best way to maximise is to migrate the nodes and drop the number of buckets. This then kills off a good bunch of the long buckets and makes for a nice bunch of fresh ones at night. Weekends at night seems to give less contention too.

    If the bandwidth limiters worked, this would not be an issue but to date I have not found out what to do to make that happen.

    I think we need to recruit a couple more members with 50Meg


    My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

  20. #220
    V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    33,457

    Nice going!
    Wish I could figure out how to get more out of this line.
    If Deadly can get 32 mil from 50mbit then I should be able to get more than 8-9 out of 30mbit
    Is the answer VM's?
    I could easily try that on Sammy as all it's doing is MJ12 and has 2gig of memory..
    All I'd need is a good VM app or whatever is needed..
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

  21. #221
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    648
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post

    Nice going!
    Wish I could figure out how to get more out of this line.
    If Deadly can get 32 mil from 50mbit then I should be able to get more than 8-9 out of 30mbit
    Is the answer VM's?
    I could easily try that on Sammy as all it's doing is MJ12 and has 2gig of memory..
    All I'd need is a good VM app or whatever is needed..
    That 32mil is a temporary(?) peak(usually do ~25mil/day), refic is letting me test one of his VPS nodes and that is boosting me an additional 4 mil per day

    VMs are definitely the key! I'm running 7 nodes(not a typo!) on one machine with a Q6600 at 3ghz. Of course it only takes 3 or 4 nodes to fill up a 50meg line so 30mb with 3-4 nodes should be very do-able. In fact, if you want to give it a try I can send the full version to you to test out 1 VM node takes about 5-8gig HD space(when fully up and running), about 15% of a Q6600(just over half a core) and 450-500 MB ram.

    I would highly recommend getting pfsense running at 100% before trying more nodes. This is a screenshot just taken with my 7 nodes running full speed and there are almost 150K connections from all the nodes or about 20K connections per node. I know that westell 9100 can hold its own but if I remember correctly it did have a limit at some point. My best advice: go pfSense and set and forget!
    Last edited by DeadlyFire; 10-04-2011 at 03:45 PM.

  22. #222
    BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles/Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,040
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyFire View Post
    Yeah it's BS Do you have any other ISPs in your area?
    Only one and that's Roadrunner.
    I think they have a rule that only charges you once you break the limit for the third time. I will look into it and see how it goes.

  23. #223
    V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    33,457
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyFire View Post
    That 32mil is a temporary(?) peak(usually do ~25mil/day), refic is letting me test one of his VPS nodes and that is boosting me an additional 4 mil per day

    VMs are definitely the key! I'm running 7 nodes(not a typo!) on one machine with a Q6600 at 3ghz. Of course it only takes 3 or 4 nodes to fill up a 50meg line so 30mb with 3-4 nodes should be very do-able. In fact, if you want to give it a try I can send the full version to you to test out 1 VM node takes about 5-8gig HD space(when fully up and running), about 15% of a Q6600(just over half a core) and 450-500 MB ram.

    I would highly recommend getting pfsense running at 100% before trying more nodes. This is a screenshot just taken with my 7 nodes running full speed and there are almost 150K connections from all the nodes or about 20K connections per node. I know that westell 9100 can hold its own but if I remember correctly it did have a limit at some point. My best advice: go pfSense and set and forget!
    check your email
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

  24. #224
    _
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by lkiller123 View Post
    Only one and that's Roadrunner.
    I think they have a rule that only charges you once you break the limit for the third time. I will look into it and see how it goes.
    I think Roadrunner is unlimited or it is in my area. I've downloaded over 500GB in a month with no letters or canceling of service.
    Last edited by Angmaar; 10-09-2011 at 07:01 AM.

  25. #225
    Xtreme Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Plymouth (UK)
    Posts
    5,283
    Hey Dave, Whatever you did it seems to be working.... Some nice numbers today


    My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •