namu daishi henjo kongo
    Get it here:

ica13c.rar

ica13b1.zip
    Quote Originally Posted by NEW MODEL ARMY - the attack - 1984
    Now the talking's over, plans are laid and the hour is set
    Glances round the table, eyes all shining, dark and bright
    We meet again at daybreak for the day that will be ours
    We're tomorrow's history. So just check your weapons, say your prayers.

Banned
    What the latest then all

Bug fixed yet so it works like a normal pc and no fanny farting around (english expersion, fanny here is ie camels toe not your bum)

namu daishi henjo kongo
    I would go for 1.03, maybe 1.04, couldnĀ“t figuere out any difference...
    Quote Originally Posted by NEW MODEL ARMY - the attack - 1984
    Now the talking's over, plans are laid and the hour is set
    Glances round the table, eyes all shining, dark and bright
    We meet again at daybreak for the day that will be ours
    We're tomorrow's history. So just check your weapons, say your prayers.

silver wall jumper X
    Updated links - thanks

Phenom™
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeguava
    NEW info - Steven has found that during VCORE swings ( droop ) whenever the vocre is on the low end - FSB will lock up much earlier and it is helpful to make sure to rasie FSB whenever the Vcore is at the high end!
    Ok...I think I should interpret this statement as I finally understood what you were trying to say [that I said]

When I was describing this to you, I was mainly referring to something I do when I'm trying to push the FSB on the Yonah. As everybody already knows, the power regulation on the Aopen blows. I've seen fluctuations as much as .05 V - which is absolutely unacceptable on ANY half-decent performing mobo. One of the things I've found is that when pushing the FSB while in Windows (especially using Clockgen) is that the *actual* vcore will often times take a slight "dip" whenever you increase the FSB. When going for a suicide screen, I'd watch the Vcore on my multimeter and wait for the Vcore to stop fluctuating and then push the FSB while it's steady. The cpu's are able to maintain a certain speed once it reaches it, but the key is HOW to get to that speed Another few observations I've made while testing the setup:

1. Aopen's OC utility is very useful when trying to clock to the limits of your cpu. With this program (as opposed to Clockgen) your Vcore tends to fluctuate MUCH less while pushing the FSB up.

2. I can verify that bios 103C has no problems getting into windows or the bios screen @ ~-110C. The bios reads the cpu temp @ 1C

3. The VCCA mod actually HURT my oc. I tried voltages from default -> 2.3V and found that @ max VCCA, I could barely run anything @ 280+FSB without locking up. Took the mod off and was able to BENCH 8m @ 285FSB . Now to figure what else is holding me back.....

Xtreme Member
    I urgently have to subscribe to this thread - Very nice guide

My Aopen finally arrived today, tomorrow Gamers (former ) 2600ES should be on my desk as well
    "The light at the end of the tunnel is the headlight of an oncoming train" (Murphy)

Reviewing for Madshrimps

silver wall jumper X
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi
    WARNING!

I have killed already 2 pci-e cards on this board.

Thank God not expensive ones, x600xt and 6600gt

I have no idea why

What were your PCI-E voltages? ANy chance that this might have played a role?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I just received a new mobo after my old one died (have no idea why). My old/dead board had the vcore (+0.15V) and vdimm (+0.35V) mods. I ran the old/dead board with about 1.48 vcore and 2.10~2.15 vdimm. These are the actual voltages that factor in the mods. My old/dead board was able to do 225FSB stable 24/7. My new/unmodded board is only able to do 210FSB stable 24/7. I've tried just about everything imaginable - set all ram timings to Auto, tried many different vcore and vdimm voltages, different NB/PCI-E voltages - and nothing seems to help.

This is using a Merom 7400. The big difference between the 2 boards is that the modded one made the CPU sound like a train braking on the tracks and making this horrible screeching noise. This happened whenever the CPU was under a load greater than 3%. This sound isn't present on the new/unmodded board. I checked my mounts on both the boards and seemed normal.

Does anyone have any ideas? It seems like the consensus is that the FSB Wall is dependent on the CPU however my experience says the mobo is the culprit.

Thanks in advance!

silver wall jumper X
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger30Q
    I just received a new mobo after my old one died (have no idea why). My old/dead board had the vcore (+0.15V) and vdimm (+0.35V) mods. I ran the old/dead board with about 1.48 vcore and 2.10~2.15 vdimm. These are the actual voltages that factor in the mods. My old/dead board was able to do 225FSB stable 24/7. My new/unmodded board is only able to do 210FSB stable 24/7. I've tried just about everything imaginable - set all ram timings to Auto, tried many different vcore and vdimm voltages, different NB/PCI-E voltages - and nothing seems to help.

This is using a Merom 7400. The big difference between the 2 boards is that the modded one made the CPU sound like a train braking on the tracks and making this horrible screeching noise. This happened whenever the CPU was under a load greater than 3%. This sound isn't present on the new/unmodded board. I checked my mounts on both the boards and seemed normal.

Does anyone have any ideas? It seems like the consensus is that the FSB Wall is dependent on the CPU however my experience says the mobo is the culprit.

Thanks in advance!
    Tried 2 boards and found the same FSB with both board on identical CPUs

Phenom™
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeguava
    Tried 2 boards and found the same FSB with both board on identical CPUs
    Yep...same experience here...sorta Only I tried 2 different cpu's on the same board. Once cpu could only reach 243 FSB, and, well, you should know about the other - 300+FSB.....

Xtreme Member
    Interesting thread, will save me lots of time when my setup will arrive (hopefully this week)
    www.madshrimps.be

My mobo is arriving tomorrow. Hope to start oc next week (must order some more stuff).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonah
    My mobo is arriving tomorrow. Hope to start oc next week (must order some more stuff).
    Original nick my friend

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Love
    Original nick my friend
    No, i know it's kind of

My mobo arrived today, but it was not cheap. 3000:- (350dollar aprox)

Anyone who knows what stepping i have if it was made week40? Heard something about week 42 and later are stepping 8. But i've seen cpu's with stepping 8 and week 40-41. So i am a bit confused.

Edit: Dr.Love i were registred a couple of years ago under another nickname, but i've switched mail serveral times and didn't remember the password. My imagination sucks
    Last edited by Yonah; 06-13-2006 at 06:47 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Hi guys, i have recieved a new Aopen YDG (the last one died with no reason) & iĀ“m unable to install windows.

The rig iĀ“m using:

T2600ES QKHK Step 8
    The Aopen mobo with no mods
    2x1gb Mushkin 5300 extreme.
    7800GTX512
    Seasonic S12 600w

The rig boots with no problem. I can enter bios and change everything that i want.

Well, letĀ“s beggin installing win (XP pro SP2):

The installation begginĀ“s normal, loading drivers, detecting my hd, copying files...

The systems resets and post as usual, but when i arrive to the point that win beggins to copy files (while the menu is showing the new features of the new win blablabla...), systems freezes and reset inmediatly, always.

I canĀ“t even see this menu, itĀ“s just the moment before while loading to this menu when systemĀ“s restart.

IĀ“ve tried everything that came to my mind: changing hdĀ“s (tried with 2), unplugging all usbĀ“s, changing bios, memories, graphic card, power supply...

None of these helped me to get to the next point and continue with the installation. ItĀ“s very odd cause tilĀ“this point everything seem to work perfect.

IĀ“m planning to RMA the board but if you guys could help me (maybe i left something to try) i would apreciate very much any suggestion.

Thanks

are you sure that 1.3c version does not support merom???
    |LC-560T|E8400 Q750A|Asus P5B Deluxe|2x1gb Ballistix Tracer PC6400 4-4-4-12|Gecube Radeon HD4870 512mb|Dimastech 1/4hp SS|

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovader
    Hi guys, i have recieved a new Aopen YDG (the last one died with no reason) & iĀ“m unable to install windows.

The rig iĀ“m using:

T2600ES QKHK Step 8
    The Aopen mobo with no mods
    2x1gb Mushkin 5300 extreme.
    7800GTX512
    Seasonic S12 600w

The rig boots with no problem. I can enter bios and change everything that i want.

Well, letĀ“s beggin installing win (XP pro SP2):

The installation begginĀ“s normal, loading drivers, detecting my hd, copying files...

The systems resets and post as usual, but when i arrive to the point that win beggins to copy files (while the menu is showing the new features of the new win blablabla...), systems freezes and reset inmediatly, always.

I canĀ“t even see this menu, itĀ“s just the moment before while loading to this menu when systemĀ“s restart.

IĀ“ve tried everything that came to my mind: changing hdĀ“s (tried with 2), unplugging all usbĀ“s, changing bios, memories, graphic card, power supply...

None of these helped me to get to the next point and continue with the installation. ItĀ“s very odd cause tilĀ“this point everything seem to work perfect.

IĀ“m planning to RMA the board but if you guys could help me (maybe i left something to try) i would apreciate very much any suggestion.

Thanks
    try windows xp sp1 with no sp2
    Core Quad Q9300
    ASUS P5Q-PRO
    4GB RAM
    Ati Radeon 4890
    Enermax Liberty 620w

Xtreme Member
    Thanks iĀ“ll try it

Any reason why SP2 may be the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovader
    Thanks iĀ“ll try it

Any reason why SP2 may be the problem?
    Cordaver dont disable anything in bios, like onboard sound and all the other options, keep them all on.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silves
    Cordaver dont disable anything in bios, like onboard sound and all the other options, keep them all on.
    IĀ“ve tried it already both manners. Disabling all & keeping all functions on but the results is the same Thanks anyway for the tip.

Tomorrow my memos will come back, a friend of mine are testing them in his rig, & iĀ“ll try with the win sp1.

Any other suggestions guys?

Xtreme Member
    try tinyxp
    works great and should solve the problem

Xtreme Addict
    I would first try different ram, or at least test the stuff you have. Try installing in single channel?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fhpchris
    I would first try different ram, or at least test the stuff you have. Try installing in single channel?
    This is one of the first things i did. Tried diferent modules in dual and single channel but the results were the same.

In fact, i think that iĀ“ve changed every single component (except mobo & cpu) in my rig to find the possible problem.

PkG.1337, iĀ“ll give it a try

Thanks guys

Xtreme Member
    Little update, Win SP1 giveĀ“s me the same result

I think the the OS is not the problem, tried already with 3 differents winĀ“s & the result is the same.

I will try to RMA the board since is the only "new" component in my rig & nothing seems to work.

Thanks all you guys for the help

Sounds like motherboard problem. If you have tried everything that's the only possible thing. Atleast in my opinion. Have you tried a different PSU?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast