Thread: 3D Mark Help?

Xtreme X.I.P.

3D Mark Help?

GF3 Ti200

My last 3Dmark bench was rated at 8020 after all my tweaks. It was overclocked to 210/510, so I bumped it up more to 215/515. I ran the test again and the score was 7665. Does anyone have a clue on what happen? Should I back it down? Thanks

check out "XS REVIEWS"

Want me to believe your hardware review? Show me a receipt

Overclocking Guru
    Not sure, maybe the memory went to high, when your mem is to far overcl:banana::banana::banana::banana:ed it tends to screw up the score.

OPP

I agree with OPP, when you overclock the memory too high it can start to decrease your score. This used to happen to me when I benched with an MX400.

Xtreme Legend
    i've been having the same problem but with my FSB. Or maybe it was my vid card but I get no artifacts.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    What advantages does someone have after a volt modding the VideoCard. Do you need Xtreme cooling afterwards? (water)

check out "XS REVIEWS"

Xtreme Member
    You can gain more MHZ out of it
    If u mod the card, to give u a bit more volt. than the default, u dont need "Water" but if u put too much volt u have to start thinking about watercooling the card

JWS - Depends on the card and the cooling. Some cards are just pointless to volt mod, like the GF2 MX400, but the GF4 on the otherhand will gain lots from a volt mod, assuming it's cooled properly.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Are these volt mods done with fixed or variable resistors? If they are fixed, how do you control the voltage?

I gotta tell you this sounds interesting!

check out "XS REVIEWS"

Xtreme Legend
    ok so far I can only get to 322 Stable on my GF4 ti4600. So I guess my cooling sucks? I shouldn't do a volt mod? I have a crystal orb and system temps are at 22-24C.

With air cooling it is still possible to get more out of your GF4 though it would be better to cool it better.

JWS - Variable is much smarter

This volt mod on my Leadtek ti4600 brought me from 330/710 or there abouts stock to 357/785 volt modded and watercooled. This is an A2 core but i'm still certain I can get more out of it.