Thread: R9700 officially borked

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI

R9700 officially borked

My last run with my ailing r9700 at 3.4gHz, 386/353
    Just my luck, cuz I just spent $$$ on a new mobo/ram this morning...
    ??!!??
    C
    Last edited by charlie; 02-15-2003 at 12:12 PM.

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI
    this is what the screen looks like with card set at defaults,
    I tried to take pic of 3dmk, because all the animation and cg are messed up, showing wire frames, and pieces of layersmissing, no clouds in the sky, trashed.

Xtreme Addict
    Looks like something related to memory problems to me... but of course I'm not an engineer.....

Sorry to hear that charlie.

muzz
    Zen2 Has brought AMD back!

You could hope that it is driver related?

Xtreme Addict
    hey Charlie join the club

When i first got the amd setup, I installed the 9700 and have had these wierd lines on my screen. They form like a grid 1cm apart going up and down the screen.

In windows i have lines about 3cm wide going up and down the screen about 2-3cm apart from eachother. ANd in 3dmark or gaming the screen tears like a §§§§§ When I have white backgrounds I have a line going vertically thru the icon mouse pointer but on dar backgrounds its all ok...

Niko Powercolour did the same thing but now after 5-6 days it works properly. He put it back to default volts and speeds and just played games and now he can OC again...I cant yet.....and its been a week....

My Sapphire does it, but the Gigabyte doesnt, so it is definantly the card....pretty depressed cos I cant really afford to fork out for another 9700.....

Heres what the card looks like booting up;

Finally found an awesome OCer and now she §§§§s herself.....Uni starts in 2 weeks.....the thought to sell everything has entered my mind more than not in the last few days.....

Intel P4 3.2 EE || Asus P4C800-E || Prometia Mach II || 2 x 256Meg HyperX 3500 || Antec TrueControl|| Sapphire Radeon 9800XT || 2x Raptors || Samsung 172T

OCAU 3DMark Team || 3DMark Compare: 26847 || World of Britney|| PCDB Entry

"Sundance is weird. The movies are weird. You actually have to think about them when you watch them. " -Britney Spears

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Creative
    [B]hey Charlie join the club

In windows i have lines about 3cm wide going up and down the screen about 2-3cm apart from eachother. ANd in 3dmark or gaming the screen tears like a §§§§§ When I have white backgrounds I have a line going vertically thru the icon mouse pointer but on dar backgrounds its all ok...[QUOTE]

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!111
    Mine does the mouse cursor thing too!!!!!!!
    I get a 1 cm vertical black line that moves with the cursor!!!!!!!!!
    And also, I know of a use for a dead 9700...when R350 comes out, ATI will probably offer it through their online store, and give the $50 upgrade credit for an old card...the program doesn't say it can't be a fried card or modded card!!! I can't even get my factory hs/f back on...the pins are too loose.

C
    Last edited by charlie; 02-15-2003 at 07:19 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    My card has no visible mods (no ramsinks, removable vmod) on mine and ive already been told by an employee at the store that i can ra mine....it helps knowing them personally
    hehehehe

Here are some more screenies of what my card looks like in games;

BF1942

BF1942

Err isnt Winamp sposed to be black? :p

But Nikos went back to normal after 4-5 days of default volts and default speeds.....Im reluctant to part with this card due to it overclocking so well....but if its not fixed itself by Wednesday then she goes back.....

Intel P4 3.2 EE || Asus P4C800-E || Prometia Mach II || 2 x 256Meg HyperX 3500 || Antec TrueControl|| Sapphire Radeon 9800XT || 2x Raptors || Samsung 172T

"Sundance is weird. The movies are weird. You actually have to think about them when you watch them. " -Britney Spears

Xtremely Pale
    did you try cleaning out the agp slot i had a simalar problem with my bros gf3 and that fixed it and make sure its in nice and tight i hope it works out for you.

Xtreme Addict
    Originally posted by docyt
    did you try cleaning out the agp slot i had a simalar problem with my bros gf3 and that fixed it and make sure its in nice and tight i hope it works out for you.
    hmmm interesting you mention the fit tight in the slot bit cos this card has always had to be forced into the slot. Like the others ones I have had just fit nicely in, this one you have to force sort of....I wonder if thats a problem.....hmmmmmm

Thanks for the kind words and advice. Ill tryit out tonight before rmaing it tomorrow....ive decided to give it another go today

Cheers