Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Were to go from here?

Join XS WCG or \/ !!
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337
    HEh the same quantity that goes out, goes back in. Or look up the specs of the compressor and find the oil charge (cc's)
    Ok, I can handle that.

Got an Xtreme System? Bring it here! <----

Xtreme Cruncher
    i think i am going to make a chiller for my desktop, i have the thermostat from a refrigerator to keep the coolant right around the dew point so no condensation

|Rig: AMD Athlon64 X2 6000+ Windsor|6gb DDR2 800|Dual 250gb Western Digital RAID0|8600GT|

(12:16:17 AM) OC3D NoL: NOL EAT ANNOYING NOOBIE
    (12:16:19 AM) OC3D NoL: RAWRRRR

Xtreme Cruncher
    mario please take lots of pics and make a small work log when you do it!!!!!

Join XS WCG or \/ !!
    Ok, So again
    Is there a chart on here that lists the operating pressure of the gasses as I am not finding them. Like r-290 is ? on the high side and ? on the low side in operation?

Xtreme Mentor
    Depends. Even your high side can be in a partial vacuem. It depends on how much gas you charge you system with. It starts in vacuem and goes to infinity, or untill your pipes burst or your compressor craps out.

The question you should be asking is,

At (insert your condensing temperature) what pressure would be needed to condense the (insert your refrigerant)?

Also keep in mind the less refrigerant you have the less your capacity is.

Also keep in mind the more refrigerant you put in the higher the pressure will be, as the high side raises in pressure so will thr low side. The higher the pressure on the low side the higher the boiling temperature, ie the gas will be boiling at a warmer temperature, for instance instead of -50C it can go up to -10C.

The art of this is not really building the system but achieving the best ballance between there and alot of other factors.

For general information, on this forum, for these purposes, typical systems running typical refrigerants, with similar specs to propane run the high side around 140-200psi.
    Last edited by epion2985; 05-19-2006 at 12:48 PM.
    French Duron Poof

Every time you lap a swiftech block a kitten dies

"Extreme Systems, yes. But it could also mean Extremely creative, Extremely resourceful and on and on. Please don't use the name of this site as an excuse to do stupid things" -situman

HEAT

Join XS WCG or \/ !!
    I guess that is what I am asking is if there is a "should be around ?-? as a starting point" list that some one has put together from all the posts on here.
    Say like on a Mach1 (standard/no upgrades) regas what would you have on 404a vs the orig. 134a kind of chart thing is what I am asking. KWIM?

Join XS WCG or \/ !!
    Ok, so I will start reading them all and try and put something together for us to use as referance. Or if you wall want to send me a couple pounds for each gas to put in the mach I will do it that way
    This would be a great tool I think.

Join XS WCG or \/ !!
    got a 2 stage 3cfm J/B pump off Flebay but 2 things
    1. Lost the oil in shippment so what do I buy for it? I have air compressor oil
    2. Gauges that came with it are r-22 and r-12 so will this read r-290 or 134a gas pressure?
    This is why I asked for a range of pressures is because of this coming.
    The price was right <95 shipped and it works excellent so what the hay.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticmerlin
    got a 2 stage 3cfm J/B pump off Flebay but 2 things
    1. Lost the oil in shippment so what do I buy for it? I have air compressor oil
    2. Gauges that came with it are r-22 and r-12 so will this read r-290 or 134a gas pressure?
    This is why I asked for a range of pressures is because of this coming.
    The price was right <95 shipped and it works excellent so what the hay.
    1. There is a guy on flebay that is popular as far as oil goes and many here buy from him, dont remember name though, ask jin. Or hvac supply house.

2. They will be fine for R290 or r134a. It seems the reference is more pressure related then substance related. Dont worry about it.
    French Duron Poof

"Extreme Systems, yes. But it could also mean Extremely creative, Extremely resourceful and on and on. Please don't use the name of this site as an excuse to do stupid things" -situman

HEAT

-150c Club Member
    1) Frosty Freeze is the name of the store.

If you have a cooling question or concern feel free to contact me.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337
    1) Frosty Freeze is the name of the store.
    Thanks noob. Thats the one. He shipps incredibly fast and has an excelent reputation. Just make sure you buy the right oil for your pump.
    French Duron Poof

HEAT

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by epion2985
    Depends. Even your high side can be in a partial vacuem. It depends on how much gas you charge you system with. It starts in vacuem and goes to infinity, or untill your pipes burst or your compressor craps out.
    could you please expalin the conditions you have seen discharge pressure in a partial vac??

the only way i can see discharge line being in vac is either A, the unit is on a vac pump or B, the valve plates are shot in the compressor, never ever have I seen discharge running in vacuum, not even with no gas

Xtreme Mentor
    if there is trully no gas in the system and you pull a vacuum then yes your high side is also in a vacuum. I dont think the high side guage is meant to read well in the vacuum so its not a valid means of measure, not that you would need to, its simple physics.
    Last edited by epion2985; 05-23-2006 at 12:07 AM.
    French Duron Poof

HEAT

Xtreme Member
    i still don't see what you are saying, i could possibly see it if you fitted a vac pump, pulled negative pressure and then switched the compressor on but anyother condition, id have to see it to beleive it..

Xtreme Mentor
    Thats what I said. If you have no refrigerant in the system or a small amount you can have both sides in a vacuum. And yes you need a vacuum pump to pull a vacuum, thats how its done lol...
    French Duron Poof

HEAT

Join XS WCG or \/ !!
    Quote Originally Posted by epion2985
    And yes you need a vacuum pump to pull a vacuum, thats how its done lol...
    LOL love it

Xtreme Member
    what a dumb response, please dont patronise me, i know how a vac is pulled with a pump, i have evacuated hundreds of units over the years a bit more advanced than these lego computer chillers.

to sum up my response.

the original question by mysticmerlin.

"Ok, So again
    Is there a chart on here that lists the operating pressure of the gasses as I am not finding them. Like r-290 is ? on the high side and ? on the low side in operation?"

Above it asks for the operating pressure of gasses which I presume should be in normal cooling condition, you simply wont see discharge in negative pressure, he was asking for normal operating pressure, not running the unit in total negative state after vac pump...
    Last edited by expansionvalve; 05-23-2006 at 06:48 AM.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by expansionvalve
    what a dumb response, please dont patronise me, i know how a vac is pulled with a pump, i have evacuated hundreds of units over the years a bit more advanced than these lego computer chillers.

to sum up my response.

the original question by mysticmerlin.

"Ok, So again
    Is there a chart on here that lists the operating pressure of the gasses as I am not finding them. Like r-290 is ? on the high side and ? on the low side in operation?"

Above it asks for the operating pressure of gasses which I presume should be in normal cooling condition, you simply wont see discharge in negative pressure, he was asking for normal operating pressure, not running the unit in total negative state after vac pump...

...lol, well you had to ask.

operational pressures for r290 are around, high side 140-260psi, low side anywhere from 15" vacuum to 80psi. Thats just what typical here, you can go more or less in either direction.

well technically you can run with so little charge that your high side will be in a vacuum and its done sometimes. You will have really low temperatures but very very small capacity, sometimes thats what you need.
    French Duron Poof

HEAT

Join XS WCG or \/ !!
    but is there not a spread sheet with information like this around?

Xtreme Mentor
    not that I have seen, probbably is somewhere. I would ask in the Vapor Phase Change Cooling section.

Hey how dare you take my quote out of your sig!! lol
    French Duron Poof

HEAT

Join XS WCG or \/ !!
    don't want to start a pit fight in my own thread

Xtreme Mentor
    lol I was joking.
    French Duron Poof

HEAT

Join XS WCG or \/ !!
    I know, it was good though.
    "Chiller in progress" in your sig what's up with that?

Xtreme Member
    sorry to be so awkward epion, but...

[quote]
    "well technically you can run with so little charge that your high side will be in a vacuum and its done sometimes. You will have really low temperatures but very very small capacity, sometimes thats what you need."

I really, really cannot see the high side being in a state of negative pressure under cooling condition.
    You have gone from trying to tell me the discharge will be in a vacuum if the unit is 100% empty of gas, say after evacuating to 500microns and switching the compressor on, agreed, you may possibly see negative head pressure, but trying to tell me a unit running in the cooling condition, with a load, with gas, with negative head pressure??? i dont think so

Xtreme Member
    something else to think about,

take a bottle of refrigerant, it's charged with liquid, it's liquid because it's under pressure, let the liquid out of the bottle and the liquid turns to vapor due to not being compressed no more, the same is with the compressor, no head pressure, no condesnsing, no liquid, no cooling.... whats the point in that?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast