Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Were to go from here?

Join XS WCG or \/ !!

Were to go from here?

1.I have frost but what do I do from here? I want to cut it apart and put my 120mm condenser in the loop but how much 3/8 tube and how long/size cap tube?

2.It is 134a so is that my only option to refill it when done? I have 2 small cans of R12 if that would be enough to fill it or what is needed to make it 404 or what ever?

3.It is a 1PH pump does that mean 1HP?.

4. This will be for 1 eventuly 2 7900gt's so I was thinking if this is a 24/7 chiller is there a thermostat that will do like 0 and shut it off when it isn't needed?

It starts life like this one http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ad.php?t=78141RussC did but he quit and didn't give me everything I needed.

Thanks for you time.
    Scott

PS, I have read and read here and have made it this far. Just not getting the exact ans. I am looking for.

Last edited by [XC] mysticmerlin; 05-04-2006 at 02:21 PM.

Got an Xtreme System? Bring it here! <----

Join XS WCG or \/ !!
    I have closed cell foam for the res. But what I am asking is I am cutting the ball thing off and put just copper tube on it.
    What I am wanting to know is how long.
    Why did he put the tub above the compresser?
    How long what/size cap tube?

No I don't have a vac pump yet nor gauges. I will have by that time.

Anyone on the 134a replacement.

My pump is a MD-20 and the block is a original White Water all cop/alu with heater hose.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    R404a is a common upgrade to 134a. The main thing is that the oil is compatable with the new gas. R404a will run slightly higher pressures, but you should get slightly better temps.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayl View Post
    the ethylene in NZ is colder
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitAC View Post
    When in doubt about an unknown substance, I taste it just in case it's pie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Would you be willing to piss over the mona lisa?

Join XS WCG or \/ !!
    Thank you for 134 to 404 answer. What about cap tub length and size ? Or suction side size and length.
    I read Gary's cap sticky but didn't get the info I needed I guess.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticmerlin
    1.I have frost but what do I do from here? I want to cut it apart and put my 120mm condenser in the loop but how much 3/8 tube and how long/size cap tube?

2.It is 134a so is that my only option to refill it when done? I have 2 small cans of R12 if that would be enough to fill it or what is needed to make it 404 or what ever?

3.It is a 1PH pump does that mean 1HP?.

4. This will be for 1 eventuly 2 7900gt's so I was thinking if this is a 24/7 chiller is there a thermostat that will do like 0 and shut it off when it isn't needed?

It starts life like this one http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ad.php?t=78141RussC did but he quit and didn't give me everything I needed.

Thanks for you time.
    Scott

PS, I have read and read here and have made it this far. Just not getting the exact ans. I am looking for.

Post better pictures.

404a is a good replacement, will have higher pressure, and better temperature. Not a little high or a little better....

PH 1 is single phase. If you want to know your hp, take the max motor power in watts, then divide it by 745, that will give you your hp.

Cant tell you what length cap tube to use because we dont know what refrigerant you will be using, at what pressure, and how powerful your compressor is and how big in watts the load will be. Give more information.
    French Duron Poof

Every time you lap a swiftech block a kitten dies

"Extreme Systems, yes. But it could also mean Extremely creative, Extremely resourceful and on and on. Please don't use the name of this site as an excuse to do stupid things" -situman

HEAT

Join XS WCG or \/ !!
    Quote Originally Posted by epion2985
    Post better pictures.

404a is a good replacement, will have higher pressure, and better temperature. Not a little high or a little better....

PH 1 is single phase. If you want to know your hp, take the max motor power in watts, then divide it by 745, that will give you your hp.

Cant tell you what length cap tube to use because we dont know what refrigerant you will be using, at what pressure, and how powerful your compressor is and how big in watts the load will be. Give more information.
    Load will be 1 7900gt and a Opty 144 for now OCed of course. Eventually I will put the Cpu on a DD when I build that and put another 79gt (or what ever)on the loop.

So make sure I have this right and say that the gas it's self doesn't matter in the actual parts put into the system just the length/size of the cap tube and the oil used? Does the length of the suction side matter also?

I get the PH1 now, The HP I do not see on the comp were it says motor watts. I see every thing but.

I want to thank you all for helping me along with this, you don't have to I know, you guys can slap this together in a hour but I will not learn it if I don't do it my self.

Xtreme Mentor
    Personaly I dont know what the load is on the 7900gt and a Opty 144. If oced, well that depends how much. I can try guess a range, probbably together 200-300 watts.

Everything matters, every square inch of surface area inside effects flow. But that doesnt mean you should worry about it. Most people dont, a company designing cooling for a nuclear power plant might but you are ok

As far as the gas goes, that really should only consearn your cap line length (depending on its inner diameter too). And your oil. I suppose in some cases you can say the compressor is related to if the gas operates at such high pressures your compressor cant turn over. But that is rearly the case and you shouldnt really worry about it.

They ussualy dont put the motor information on the compressor. Find the PDF spec sheet online, google, or look at the manufacturers website. Model should be on the compressor.
    French Duron Poof

"Extreme Systems, yes. But it could also mean Extremely creative, Extremely resourceful and on and on. Please don't use the name of this site as an excuse to do stupid things" -situman

HEAT

Join XS WCG or \/ !!
    epion2985 Thank you for you help so far. I have learned as much from your last 2 posts than I did in the months of reading in all the forums.
    I like XS the best for the "mentorship" family feeling it has.

I will look up the compresser and take a few pic's of the parts I have so far and put them up on my first days off. Tue ,and can go from there.

Again thanks to all so far

Xtreme Mentor
    Awsome, looking forward to the pictures. Glad to help.

Sorry about my poor typing, I tend to spam typo's and not correct them
    French Duron Poof

HEAT

Join XS WCG or \/ !!

Thumbs up

So I chopped it up and this the the pieces less the 2 water blocks but all I have. Yes dirty but anywho. I need to order

1.service ports / filter/dryer
    2.cap tube 10' .28?
    3.1/4 tube (that is what it had on it) to run inside my 1/2" I all ready have to make a HX
    4. every thing to braze and fill
    Missing anything?

-150c Club Member
    Mystic shoot me an AIM or PM about this list.

1.service ports / filter/dryer
    2.cap tube 10' .28?
    3.1/4 tube (that is what it had on it) to run inside my 1/2" I all ready have to make a HX
    4. every thing to braze and fill

If you have a cooling question or concern feel free to contact me.

Join XS WCG or \/ !!
    will do

Xtreme Cruncher
    ME TOO!!

Quote Originally Posted by epion2985
    Awsome, looking forward to the pictures. Glad to help.

Sorry about my poor typing, I tend to spam typo's and not correct them

Join XS WCG or \/ !!
    Quote Originally Posted by littleowl
    ME TOO!!
    LOL

-150c Club Member
    Replied to PM.

Join XS WCG or \/ !!
    Cool, so now just 1/4" tube and gas and a lot of learning to braze again.

On the next note. In the HX I am going to run the 1/4" through the 1/2" to cool the water. Now the question. Do I run the cap right along with it or run it down the out side and in at the start point?

-150c Club Member
    First off what size tubing are you using? 1/2" area, - 1/4" area = alot less than 1/2" area
    I prefer 2x 3/16" thru 5/8" tube.

Join XS WCG or \/ !!
    I have both 1/2 and 1/4 on hand so I figure to keep the cost down on my first try. I will go with that so I can afford it sooner.

Join XS WCG or \/ !!
    waiting on parts from NOL and get some gas. In the mean time were is a cheap place to get 404a or 507 gas. I find it on flebay but I don't need 24lbs of gas.

-150c Club Member
    No "cheap" places, and there is minimum buy quantities.

Xtreme Mentor
    the ~30lb jugs is the smallest size you can get, and the price will be $300-$450 depending on the gass and where you get it. You wont find a smaller amount and you wont find a cheaper price, its pretty standart everywhere.
    French Duron Poof

HEAT

-150c Club Member
    r22 30lbs is $89 shipped at r-22.com if you have a license.

Join XS WCG or \/ !!
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337
    r22 30lbs is $89 shipped at r-22.com if you have a license.
    I have one for 12/134 but have a friend that will buy what ever I want if I pay for it. His is univ. on the gas.

-150c Club Member
    Budget = R22
    Performance = r507/r404a
    High Performance *IF YOUR SETUP CAN HANDLE IT* = r410a

R22 = $3/pound
    R507 = $12/pound (good stuffs)
    R404a = $10/pound (will seperate in autocascade)
    R410a = $10/pound (will seperate, but high discharge and low BP)

Xtreme Mentor
    r22 is crap, might as well use r290 - propane, cheaper and better preformance and carries oil better.

r507/r404a are not good choises, if you are spending that much might as well get r402a.
    French Duron Poof

HEAT

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast