Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please Welcome our new Team Captain

Overclocking Guru
    Thanks JBell, by all means get back to hacking

PiLsY,
    No clue about your v-mods.
    That swifty must a bear to cut up, how are you cutting it, Jig Saw??

OPP

Technician
    Thanks JBell - not necessary, but appreciated none-the-less .

Opp - my dad has a petrol powered metal saw - 2 handed thing. Cuts thru 2" iron bars - the swiffy is no problem at all . Its quite a balancing act actually doing it all tho. I have to brace it over my shoulder and balance it with one hand whilst steering the blade with the other. It tends to take chuncks out of the vice if I get too enthusiastic. I tell you tho that thick copper base certainly does the trick for ram cooling. gets me a good 10mhz extra over the TT ramsinks. Not too much more money wise either when you consider I'll be able to do easily 4, possibly 5 gfx cards with the one heatsink. Works out roughly the same as 10 tt ramsinks .

PiLsY.

Pilsy

I just got your return email..thanks m8 I'm so very glad you came on over my friend...your expertise and affinity for intricate hardware testing and flogging will be a great asset here.
    Welcome to the New Team

OPP...I must say now that Pilsy has come over...we have our original team just about intact I believe all original founding members are here..and many of the additional members have jumped aboard. I would say my dear friend...Mission accomplished

Randi

Xtreme Member
    Originally posted by JBELL

*shakes head*

no spammin...... that might reset your post count hehehe

JBELL
    I will not do it again.....oops just did

Heh wanted to get a custom avatar now its too damn big isnt it? Will resize dont you worry

Question Icrontic

Could someone PM me, or e-mail me some info about what happened at Icrontic? As I didnt notice anything (have a habbit of doing that) going on, that is if anyone has the time.

Anyway, Would I be allowed to join the team? or is it by invite only? Though I would only be able to try and top the "legacy" charts as my hardware is starting to age a little .

NS

Xtreme Legend

Smile

PiLsY - Welcome on board. Looks like OPP and JBELL are taking good care of you already.

NS - Of course you can join. Glad to have you.

DDTUNG

Xtreme Recruit
    Well, well, glad to have found you guys. Was looking around at Icrontic to see if I could find where you all went and found the link. Opp, DD, have followed you guys for a long time. Always an interesting read. Sorry to hear of the problems at Icrontic but am glad to see that you have found a new home. I usually just read your forums but thought seeing as how you where starting up here I would go ahead and become a member in the forums. Well, gotta go. Just wanted to say I'm glad you guys have found a new home and am even happier to know where it is. Take Care.
    A64 3000+ @ 2.7Ghz
    Epox 8KDA3+
    eVGA 6800 GT
    28,000 - 3D2001

Xtreme Addict
    OPP...I must say now that Pilsy has come over...we have our original team just about intact I believe all original founding members are here..and many of the additional members have jumped aboard. I would say my dear friend...Mission accomplished

Randi [/B][/QUOTEthe team is a great one and i am proud to be a part of it

Unhappy Icrontic

Damn, I had the best score for a Voodoo 3 on a machine under 500mhz.......... and its gone.....

my entire account.

Do they delete after a certain ammount of inactivity at MOGHQ?

Anyway, cancel that request for info about what went down at Icrontic, I found most of the info anyway..

NS

hwbot crew
    Damn, every overclocking guru seems to resident here: OPP, Mr.Icee (welcome!), DDTung, Dr. Goodenhigh, JCviggen, Pilsy,...

Pilsy, you broke my MX440 score, damn you! Hehe...
    I used to be #1 once, now I'm 2 places behind you. You still have to break Calantak's score though (a fellow friend at my home forum @ madshrimps). You may count yourself lucky that I don't owe that GF4 MX440 any more (actually, i never did, it was a friends...).
    HTPC (win xp): Turion MT-30 @ 2Ghz | NF4 | XFX 7900GT | 26" TFT
    Development (mac osx): Macbook Pro | Core Duo 1.86Ghz | 1.5GB DDR2

Technician
    lol at least im making some sort of impact in the mx440 catagory. Only made 2 runs at each res so far . Im hoping for more tomorrow. So far ive only used one det (29.40) which I doubt (hope) is(nt) the fastest. Still no vmods, retail heatsink (barely existant) and no ramsinks.

No offense to the guys running the lower cards, but I cant wait to get back up with the top flyte guys on page 1. Theres a lot less intense competition and less movement down here. I will say tho that the 8k target with an MX440 is going to be one hell of a target. I need to gain some 800 points without increasing clock speed or memory speed / timings (maxed my board out). May take a vmod and a lot of extra gfx cooling plus god knows how many det changes. It may not even be possible, limited how I am atm. Want a new board anyway - end of th emonth cant come quick enough . Also dont forget the new ATIs are out in 2 - 3 months. If they do as well as they did with the R8500 I can quite easily see ATI reclaming top spot on the ORB.

Anyway, enough waffle, im just glad to see weve all got some motion going on. I had noticed that Icrontic had stagnated this last month or so, tho I didnt know why. Great to see you all alive, well and back together, and most of all glad to be a part of it again.

PiLsY.

Xtreme Member
    Originally posted by Silver
    Well, well, glad to have found you guys. Was looking around at Icrontic to see if I could find where you all went and found the link. Opp, DD, have followed you guys for a long time. Always an interesting read. Sorry to hear of the problems at Icrontic but am glad to see that you have found a new home. I usually just read your forums but thought seeing as how you where starting up here I would go ahead and become a member in the forums. Well, gotta go. Just wanted to say I'm glad you guys have found a new home and am even happier to know where it is. Take Care.
    Hey Silver!
    Long time no see ya...
    Dracula here
    Need to talk to ya

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Mind if I join the team?

Xtreme Recruit
    Originally posted by AndrOvr

Hey Silver!
    Long time no see ya...
    Dracula here
    Need to talk to ya
    Gotta eat right now, wife is shaking my leash. Will install yahoo chat right after din. Hasta luego amigo.
    A64 3000+ @ 2.7Ghz
    Epox 8KDA3+
    eVGA 6800 GT
    28,000 - 3D2001

Jupiler

Welcome to the team my friend...nice to have you aboard I apologize for my tardiness answering you here...as I've been quite busy these last few days. I'm just getting thru all the threads here and catching up. Take care and good luck in your future benching !

Randi

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Thanks a lot Randi, I really appreciate it.
    It's nice being here with the worlds best overclockers (no a$$ kissing, I mean it Hope to learn a lot from guys which I will certainly do, no doubt.
    I'll try to do my best and post some nice benchmarks, even if running a 4400. Waiting for some better RDRAM to come, I already have a nice cpu, hehe.

Hi jupiler

are you using my bong to keep your P4 cool? Or still the AMD?
    And still like it?
    AMD XP1600+ @ 1894MHz (10.5x180) (Vcore: 1.85v (need Vmod)) | ABIT KX7 | samsung PC2700 | Cooled by MachI
    AMD64 3200+ (stock cooled) | 512mb Kingston HyperX | R9800Pro

phase-change.com

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Thx FP.
    Yeah, still using it, with the Maze 3 for P4. Still liking it but my RDRAM is crap, maxes out at 162-163 Mhz, cpu can go much higher though.

Xtreme Member

Randi

Nice sig you have there.

Xtreme Legend

Smile

Yeah Randi, nice sig. hint,hint.

DDTUNG

DDTUNG and Marty

Hint..hint....um....ahhh....you see..maybe some of that info to be submitted for the team database has other useful purposes
    Be sure to read my thread and get your info in

Randi

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123