Thread: Abit Questions:

Xtreme Member

Abit Questions:

For you folks that know Abit inside out, I have an Abit Be7 +R, got a few questions:

1) Under advanced chipset options in the bios, AGP voltage appears modifiable, there's default, 5x, 6x, 7x, and 8x (It's Iref voltage modifier, I believe). Does this mean one goes from x to 5x? What is x? Clues welcome.

2) For the the chip throttling option, 62.5%, 75%, etc, are the lower numbers indicative of the percentage of cpu capacity at which throttle kicks in, the percentage of the maximum temperature set at which it kicks in, or the percentage of maximum speed the chip will throttle down to in the presence of some predefined temperature?

I've tried Abit tech support but the guy had no clue on the first question and when I called back to get some help troubleshooting balky drivers for the highpoint raid config - the guy's first suggestion was that I start pulling PCI cards to test for conflicts. Not "let's check for IRQ conflicts in system settings", just straight to "crack your case and start pulling out cards". In short, Abit tech support in America definitely lacks. The guy threw out the challenge of "how do you even boot windows if you don't have any devices on your raid?"..... as if you could boot windows off a raid partition... and as if it were impossible to boot windows off the primary and secondary IDE.

Figure my odds of getting the right answer are higher in here than on the phone with Abit tech support.
    Overclocked from the mitochondria up.

this all should be in your manual, although it is an abit

no idea on the agp voltage thingy, mine just says 1.5,1.6,1.7,1.8.

The throttleing thing is most likely the amount of cpu speed from what it was before it started overheating. for example lests say ytour at 2000mhz, at 75% you would be at 1500mhz, 62.5% would be 1250mhz. Least thats the way it is on my board.

Good luck with the rest.

Xtreme Member
    You'd think it would be in the manual. I've found that very few mobo manufacturers actually explain things in their manuals though. Certainly Abit doesn't explain the Iref feature, their tech support doesn't know what it is, (least the two I've talked to so far).

I think in general Abit has no clue and less inclination what do with this chipset. The BE7 appears orphaned.
    Overclocked from the mitochondria up.