Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: WOW!!!! CRYO-TEK/Chilly1/Polycold Modded Autocascade Rev.3!

-150c Club Member
    Thats what I was thinking, but S7' why not introduce cryo-tek to extreme overclocking with cpu or gpu as a load?

If you have a cooling question or concern feel free to contact me.

Xtreme Cruncher
    it's not very often when someone like cryo just pops out of nowhere congrats on the insane autocascade

|Rig: AMD Athlon64 X2 6000+ Windsor|6gb DDR2 800|Dual 250gb Western Digital RAID0|8600GT|

(12:16:17 AM) OC3D NoL: NOL EAT ANNOYING NOOBIE
    (12:16:19 AM) OC3D NoL: RAWRRRR

-100c Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo-tek
    -163c is with the load of the flexline (10 watts) and the cold head. Chilly 1, can you help me here?. Not much load. I removed the load cell so I can’t do ant load testing. I also need to build a better load.

Amazing Cryo !

We need to setup Cryo with a nice computer rig so he can test it , maybe he can take understand the fun we have using phase to cool our rigs

Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337
    Thats what I was thinking, but S7' why not introduce cryo-tek to extreme overclocking with cpu or gpu as a load?
    I dont know if we want to put him thru that with the mounting and unmounting, insulating and start delay.....

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster
    Amazing Cryo !

We need to setup Cryo with a nice computer rig so he can test it , maybe he can take understand the fun we have using phase to cool our rigs
    Good idea if someone wants to donate a rig

Hell...I will donate a dual core 165 if Cryo will charge one for me like that....

edit; processor....and of course i would need a design drawing first ;-)
    Last edited by twotwo2010; 04-24-2006 at 04:34 PM.

-150c Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeon th MG Pony
    Well having fun pushing the envelope however I want to make a liquid air plant so -200 will help with condensing my own liquid CO2 or Nitrogen.
    Now you have me thinking..........I have no details yet but think about this. We combine autocascade technology with cascade technology. Use the autocascade to condense the nitrogen at a high pressure (first stage).Feed some of the liquid through a captube into one side of a heat exchanger and vent to atmosphere. This will cool the heat exchanger. The rest of the liquid will drain into the other side and be sub cooled (second stage). If it is sub cooled low enough you might be able to reduce the pressure and have liquid remain.

No details no drawing, just a thought with lots of holes.

There must be something like this on the web. Liqufication systems.

Xtreme Mentor
    Well the liquidification system I was thinking of indeed utilizes sup cooling.

Imagine the second compreser, where a thermos acts as a receiver & evap all at once. The fist system super cools the condencer where we suply the cap tube to the thermos with a T fiting on the suction side going to a co2 Botle.

As the pressur drops as we liquify the CO2 we add more gass to mainain pressure and soon you have a full thermos of liquid CO2, or Nitrogen (I took the design from a liquid helium plant) but since we don't need any highely complex fractional disolaters to remove other gasses since out feed stock is pur (Unlike the air to LN2 plants) we can use a much simpler system.
    Bring back natural selection! No more warning lables!

The one and Only MG Pony

Phenom™
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337
    Hehehe...no worries...we're already working on it BTW, he's already got a load tester @ 150W. The unit's been tested and holds that heat load @ -125C (-141C idle). He's just playing around with the polycold now. -160+C won't hold any load to speak of. Consider this just an "exhibition" of the pure power of autocascades

@ Cryo: Like your new title? We had to have a new category created just for you I'd say you've burst on the scene with quite a splash...now it's time for the real fun to begin

Xtreme Mentor
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ad.php?t=97279 < Take a look at the compressors I have there n tell me what Ya think can be don with them. one thees days when I have cash I'll steal a friend n well make a trip with a bunch of toys and we all can spend a week building or some thing. be realy neat to make our own LN2 Production plant hehe.

The one and Only MG Pony

Phenom™
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster
    Amazing Cryo !

I'm already on it

-150c Club Member
    Well the liquidification system I was thinking of indeed utilizes sup cooling.

Imagine the second compreser, where a thermos acts as a receiver & evap all at once. The fist system super cools the condencer where we suply the cap tube to the thermos with a T fiting on the suction side going to a co2 Botle.

As the pressur drops as we liquify the CO2 we add more gass to mainain pressure and soon you have a full thermos of liquid CO2, or Nitrogen (I took the design from a liquid helium plant) but since we don't need any highely complex fractional disolaters to remove other gasses since out feed stock is pur (Unlike the air to LN2 plants) we can use a much simpler system.
    I like it!

Xtreme Mentor
    Well I just found out that my salvaged Tucamesh Plant is good for 6,650BTU/H and is a medium range plant with a HUGE Condencer (It was for a walk in freezer) and has a nice sized receiver on it, perhaps it will suit well as a final stage for the liquifier.

The one and Only MG Pony

I am Xtreme
    damnnnnnnn... *starts building hx*

Jeez Pony....you are a mad man, but I like the way you think.

Xtreme Mentor
    lol thanks, I may be insane but consistant!

I scavanged a sexy chunk of styrafoam for a nice Hx, I figur a CoAxial helical foam encased Hx designed to sink 2TONs 1/2" Outer shell evap with a 1/4 internal tube for condencer 5 or 7 feet 1/2" and 6 or 8 feet 1/4"

I figure 5*5*7"

And I forgot to mention for the feed gass system a low pressur regulater to keep a constant suction pressur, that way as the gas liquifies the regulater auto maticly inject gass to X pressure for the system.

(Friends and I been plotting this for a loooooong time hehe)
    And to make walt happy YES we have designed in a blow out Valve from day one into the system
    Last edited by Xeon th MG Pony; 04-24-2006 at 06:34 PM.

The one and Only MG Pony

lol thanks, I may be insane but consistant!

I scavanged a sexy chunk of styrafoam for a nice Hx, I figur a CoAxial helical foam encased Hx designed to sink 2TONs 1/2" Outer shell evap with a 1/4 internal tube for condencer 5 or 7 feet 1/2" and 6 or 8 feet 1/4"

I figure 5*5*7"

And I forgot to mention for the feed gass system a low pressur regulater to keep a constant suction pressur, that way as the gas liquifies the regulater auto maticly inject gass to X pressure for the system.

(Friends and I been plotting this for a loooooong time hehe)
    And to make walt happy YES we have designed in a blow out Valve from day one into the system
    Yea I thought about trying that for a HX cut the smaller wraps right out of the center of a full roll of type L and fishing the 1/4" thru it because is tough getting a tight wrap on 1/2".

Xtreme Mentor
    Ya you premessure every thing then wrap it.

I'm thinking for the final stage condencer will be 3/8" ID Evap with a 3/16 ID Condencer since it will be dealing with the highest pressures. Sounds more logicle and easier to get a higher coil density with out consuming a ton of space.

The one and Only MG Pony

Xtreme Enthusiast
    holy jeez -150c thats freaking nuts DUDE

cant wait to see some results stephen
    DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D [6/23 BIOS]
    AMD Opteron 148 [CAB2E 0546GPMW] [257x11.0 @ v1.500] & Zalman CNPS7000B-CU
    OCZ EL Platinum Rev. 2 2x512[207FSB @ 2-3-3-6 @ v2.80 1T]
    DFI Ultra-D [6/23 BIOS]
    eVGA 7800GT [470 / 1100]
    Western Digital Caviar SE 250GB Serial ATA
    Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-500 ATX12V 500W Power Supply

Ya you premessure every thing then wrap it.

I'm thinking for the final stage condencer will be 3/8" ID Evap with a 3/16 ID Condencer since it will be dealing with the highest pressures. Sounds more logicle and easier to get a higher coil density with out consuming a ton of space.
    You may have to go with 3/16 O.D. -- 3/16 I.D. would be 1/4 O.D. and may be to close to the 3/8" I.D. or hinder evaporation, and you could still coil 2 pieces in parallel so as not to affect pressure while keeping it compact

Xtreme Mentor
    ya I meant OD lol

The one and Only MG Pony

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    You guys are crazy........

I think it's time for me to quit playing around with cascades........I quit.......
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

cryo-tek.. as far as I understand you're autocascade design are little different then than the designes ppl here are used to build. Could you please show u a schematic, because only reading text how it's done won't get most of us any wiser. Maybe you could also explain what happens with wich gas where in the picture.. thanx allready

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by GuuZ
    cryo-tek.. as far as I understand you're autocascade design are little different then than the designes ppl here are used to build. Could you please show u a schematic, because only reading text how it's done won't get most of us any wiser. Maybe you could also explain what happens with wich gas where in the picture.. thanx allready
    I waiting to see this also

I would like to see the picture of this wonderious rig
    The Laws of Thermodynamics say:

Zeroth Law: "You must play the game."
    First Law: "You can't win."
    Second Law: "You can't break even."
    Third Law: "You can't quit the game."

Do you wanna Play Thermodynamics ???????? I forgot "you must"

Xtreme Member
    I might be wrong. But from his last post, the designs are not far from what we have. I think it is the type of refrigerant he uses for his autocascades.which most of us could not have access to, or do not have enough knowledge on the purpose of it. For example R123 was used in most of his autoc but most of the autoc in XS do not use such refrigerant.Maybe because we do not know its properties enough.
    But still i would like to know how far his designs are from those in XS but i would be more interested to know the use of some of his unusual refrigerant like R123.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast