Thread: Noob with silly questions

Noob with silly questions

I recently painted the last L3 bridge shut on my
    2400 but I can't seem to get it to boot if I change the multiplier. It's very odd even if I set the multiplier lower it won't work, it just stays blank after boot and forces me to clear CMOS. Is there something else I must do or have I just stuffed the painting of the bridge?

The really odd thing is that it no longer detects my processor as a 2400+ if left on default it calls it a 1700+ and sets the system bus to 100. Boots just fine if I set it to the 'right' settings though(calls it an AMD at 2006Mhz). I'm a little apprehensive about yanking my cooler off again it's a Thermaltake SLK-800 and that clip is an agent of the devil

Thanks for your time
    Ben
    Abit KX7-333R
    Athlon XP 2400+
    512MB PC2700
    Radeon 9700Pro
    Audigy 2

Xtreme Member
    It would seem you did not get good contact with your mod. These newer chips have a coating on them that needs to be cleaned off with some type of solvent, I use fingernail polish remover and a cue tip. I had the same problem on my last 2200+, took three tries before I made a good bridge. Earlier chips alcohol was good enough to provide a clean enough surface for good contact, but stronger solvents seem to be needed on the newer chips.
    Keeper's "Heatware"

Folding for nerdsforjesus.org

ASUS M2N32-SLI DELUXE
    AM2 6000
    2X36 Gig Rators O/S
    2X250Gig Storage
    2X 2 Gig Corsair
    2X EVGA 7900 GTO

Most people are bothered by those passages in Scripture which they cannot understand. The Scripture which troubles me most is the Scripture I do understand.

-- Mark Twain

Thanks

That makes sense, I was all out of nail polish remover when I painted the bridge. I just knew that would bite me in the ass.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

Ben
    Goddamn but that looks like a happy banana
    Abit KX7-333R
    Athlon XP 2400+
    512MB PC2700
    Radeon 9700Pro
    Audigy 2

It took me a couple of tries with mine too, but I finally got it. Now doing 166 x 12.5, might try bumping it up a little more.