Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: A64Info - New CPU ID and memory tweaking tool! - feedback welcome...

Xtreme Member
    You may try new version of A64Info (still not tested fully). I have updated it so it supports ODC,dividers greater than 200 (beware, it may freeze your rig). Also, one can set it even if BIOS lacks this option (ODC). So far it's tested on Venice. Any feedback is wellcome.

Version 0.5
    http://avala.yubc.net/~lukija/A64Info.rar

Version 0.62 (beta)
    http://avala.yubc.net/~lukija/A64Info-beta.exe

Some screenshots:

Case 1 - multi 9, memclk 200, ODC off -> divider 9
    Case 2 - multi 9, memclk 200, ODC on -> divider 10
    Case 3 - multi 9, memclk 180, ODC off -> divider 10
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (51.5 KB, 1137 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (62.6 KB, 785 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (36.4 KB, 718 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (31.7 KB, 730 views)
    Last edited by lukija; 12-04-2006 at 11:08 AM.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by lukija
    You may try new version of A64Info (still not tested fully). I have updated it so it supports ODC,dividers greater than 200 (beware, it may freeze your rig). Also, one can set it even if BIOS lacks this option (ODC). So far it's tested on Venice. Any feedback is wellcome.

Some screenshots:

Case 1 - multi 9, memclk 200, ODC off -> divider 9
    Case 2 - multi 9, memclk 200, ODC on -> divider 10
    Case 3 - multi 9, memclk 180, ODC off -> divider 10

nice progy.
    {2012 27imac-3.4i7-680mx-32gb ram-768SSD+External TB Samsung840pro ssd + TB velociraptors-Moto828mkIII/Marantz/Amphion Sound-HPzR30w 2nd monitor}

Xtreme Member
    Got it lukija!

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Cool little tool, lukija On top of ODC detection, one can ENABLE/DISABLE it right from there - Sweet! I also like the fact that it shows TREF in cycles, just like one sets it in BIOS

I would sugest few things, though. That is, version number on a title bar and make "DRAM settings" part refreshing itself automatically. Just in case settings are changed using a different tool, e.g. A64Tweaker or SysTool, which is not "caught" until REFRESH button is pressed. Just as a "precaution", you know
    Also, maybe SET button can be made to appear as "inactive" (like in A64Tweaker) when user set any values himself.
    One last thing... Can you add detection of Drive Data Strengths - (1)50%, (2)30%, (3)15% and (4)0% reduction?
    Last edited by bachus_anonym; 04-14-2006 at 04:48 PM.

Xtreme Member
    NIce application for me of ODC enable...how to push to limit either ram @260 either opty165 with only 9 multiplier...
    I personally do not like 180 divider....

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bachus_anonym
    I would sugest few things, though. That is, version number on a title bar and make "DRAM settings" part refreshing itself automatically. Just in case settings are changed using a different tool, e.g. A64Tweaker or SysTool, which is not "caught" until REFRESH button is pressed. Just as a "precaution", you know
    Also, maybe SET button can be made to appear as "inactive" (like in A64Tweaker) when user set any values himself.
    One last thing... Can you add detection of Drive Data Strengths - (1)50%, (2)30%, (3)15% and (4)0% reduction?
    OK. So far version number is added , since it is half way finished, it will be 0.50 Autorefresh can be done but it has some disadvantages: because I use the same controls to display values and to set values, if you change value and before you apply settings, autorefresh can re-read values and void all your changes. For example, you want to see what settings other application changes. With autorefresh option, you must be fast to se what setting was changed. But if you refresh it manually, you can make screenshot of A64Info window before expected changes and hit refresh after changes occur and make screenshot again and see differences.
    I have added DRAM Data Drive Strength and it works OK. I will release new version soon, because I have some other things to add (Disable Jitter, Disable MEMCLK).

Xtreme Enthusiast
    OK. So far version number is added , since it is half way finished, it will be 0.50 Autorefresh can be done but it has some disadvantages: because I use the same controls to display values and to set values, if you change value and before you apply settings, autorefresh can re-read values and void all your changes. For example, you want to see what settings other application changes. With autorefresh option, you must be fast to se what setting was changed. But if you refresh it manually, you can make screenshot of A64Info window before expected changes and hit refresh after changes occur and make screenshot again and see differences.
    I have added DRAM Data Drive Strength and it works OK. I will release new version soon, because I have some other things to add (Disable Jitter, Disable MEMCLK).
    nice job there

100% Load 24/7
    Looking forward to the new version. I really like the layout and all the info it displays. Great job!
    Main Rig
    i7 2600k l Asus P8P67 l 2x2gb Gskill l GTS450 l Venomous X l XClio 680

c[_]
    this would be so much easier if you could just chose whatever divider you wanted (cpu/x where x = /5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/etc)

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil
    this would be so much easier if you could just chose whatever divider you wanted (cpu/x where x = /5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/etc)
    Good idea, i will consider it. I can put divider value corresponding to memlck value. In the mean time, you can use calculator to play with various combinations.

Xtreme Member
    OK, new version is ready here:

Before changelog I would like to point out that this tool can freeze your CPU in some cases. In most cases it is harmless, usually one reset will fix it, but in some cases you can corrupt Windows installation or who knows what else. So, take care, backup your data.

Changelog:
    - added version number (10x to bachus_anonym). Since it is half finished, it starts from 0.50 .
    - added option to change DRAM Data Drive strength (10x to bachus_anonym)
    - added option to enable/disable Memory clock for DIMM0,1,2,3 (10x to ReelMonza)
    - changing some parameters should be more resistant to lockup (eg memclk change) but sometimes it can freeze (in my case if I change to memclk 100, starting from 200, memclk greater than 200 are still not tested, i need CPU with greater multiplier)
    - updated FAQ section, please read it

Some observations:
    - do not change memclk while ODC is enabled, there is a big chance of freezing. Disable ODC first and then change memclk. After that, re-enable ODC. Which gives me an idea to implement it in next version

Feedback is appreciated.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Again, awesome! Memory ratios div233 and div255 work flawlessly on my Opteron - but div216 does not. Although, the latter I think is CPU dependant. Data Drive Strengths are changins as well - cool!
    But you can still make that SET button appear inactive in cases: user has not changed any settings / or after one applied changes. Just like A64Tweaker has it implemented. That would ensure that whatever is shown in the window is in fact applied and not just changed from drop down menus for the purpose of taking a screenshot
    Thanks for your work, lukja I just started using it instead of A64Tweaker now

EDIT: I'm actually thinking about splitting this thread to separate our discussion about your tool...
    Last edited by bachus_anonym; 04-18-2006 at 05:33 PM.

Xtreme Legend

Before changelog I would like to point out that this tool can freeze your CPU in some cases. In most cases it is harmless, usually one reset will fix it, but in some cases you can corrupt Windows installation or who knows what else. So, take care, backup your data.

Changelog:
    - added version number (10x to bachus_anonym). Since it is half finished, it starts from 0.50 .
    - added option to enable/disable Memory clock for DIMM0,1,2,3 (10x to ReelMonza)
    - changing some parameters should be more resistant to lockup (eg memclk change) but sometimes it can freeze (in my case if I change to memclk 100, starting from 200, memclk greater than 200 are still not tested, i need CPU with greater multiplier)

Some observations:
    - do not change memclk while ODC is enabled, there is a big chance of freezing. Disable ODC first and then change memclk. After that, re-enable ODC. Which gives me an idea to implement it in next version

Feedback is appreciated.
    dobar si stari......... ova ti valja
    Last edited by dinos22; 04-18-2006 at 07:41 PM.
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

100% Load 24/7
    But you can still make that SET button appear inactive in cases: user has not changed any settings / or after one applied changes. Just like A64Tweaker has it implemented. That would ensure that whatever is shown in the window is in fact applied and not just changed from drop down menus for the purpose of taking a screenshot
    I'd like to see this too. if possible. This is a great tool. A64 tweaker+CPU-Z all in one.
    Main Rig
    i7 2600k l Asus P8P67 l 2x2gb Gskill l GTS450 l Venomous X l XClio 680

c[_]
    Good idea, i will consider it. I can put divider value corresponding to memlck value. In the mean time, you can use calculator to play with various combinations.
    I actually meant in the bios, but that would work too

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Addict
    EDIT: I'm actually thinking about splitting this thread to separate our discussion about your tool...
    Please do that. This tool needs to be spread and praised!

Id also like to get the set button dimmed, so that this tool can be screen-shot
    Last edited by jrw; 04-18-2006 at 10:23 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Great Tool.

Quick question to the author.

Why does your program detect the CPU's actual speed as a different value from other programs? Just curious..

Last edited by Spazilton; 04-18-2006 at 10:40 PM.
    DFI 680i LT
    Intel Q6600 @ 3.2 Quad Prime Stable @1.3675 and climbing. VRM Temps issues now.
    Apogee GT, Laing D5, BI Stealth 240, EK 8800GTX WB
    EVGA 8800GTX @ 625/1000 Load Temps 49c
    2x Raptor 74GB, 4x WD 400GB, 2xSegate 7200.10 500GB
    Lian Li V2000 Black
    PCP&C Turbo Cool Custom 1KW

Xtreme Enthusiast
    It's a wonderful thang! Thanks lukija
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a64-info-4600.JPG 
Views:	44166 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	46045  

Xtreme Member
    Great tool man!!
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    GSkill F2-8000CL DDR2-1000 2x2GB
    Abit IP35 Pro
    XFX NVidia GeForce 6800GT @ 435/1210Mhz
    2x WD Raptor 36GB RAID 0
    Antec TruePower Quattro 1000w
    Windows Vista Ultimate x64

Xtreme Member
    This tool, especially the calculator, has been a lifesaver. I overclock with CnQ enabled and always had mysterious crashes at times. After using this tool, I've been able to deduce it down to my RAM and the odd multipliers that are pushing my mem WAAYYYY too high. I've now corrected this in my P-states and everything looks great! Thanks again!

Just being curious, why is it better setting ODC, than changing MEMCLK?
    Your proggie is nice

Xtreme Enthusiast
    bravo lukija!

nice proggy.

however, i've got one issue to report. my s754 Venice is incorrectly being reported as Palermo:

Attachment 46047

i'm guessing your tool 'labels' CPU as Palermo b/c of Semprons that AMD codenamed Palermo even though they're actually based on Venice (or Winchester) cores.

anyway, IMHO it would be nice if your tool would actually report the 'real core' name.

and one more thing, could you add Bank Interleaving setting detection?
    Last edited by high5; 07-19-2006 at 01:59 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    Very cool.... Thanks
    Asus P8P67-M Pro - Bios 413
    i7-2600K LO41C106
    Cooler Master V8 - Antec 180 Mini
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
    Sissy OC - 4.6 @ 1.3175 24/7 | 18' Idle - 55' Load
    Windows 7 MS Is Getting Better...

Personal Site!

Xtreme Enthusiast

Changelog:

Some observations:

Feedback is appreciated.
    OMFG !!! I love this soft
    My Sapphire Bios cant adjust DRam Data Drive Strength , but u made it

Congrats lukija

Quote Originally Posted by PChris
    Just being curious, why is it better setting ODC, than changing MEMCLK?
    Your proggie is nice
    Any ideas?

Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast