Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ITK tutorial

Problems with IBM D945GPM board

Well,

I tried setting the CPU multiplier and the FSB speed. Neither seemed to have any effect.

It was clear from other BIOS settings that I was doing the flashing right--everything else that I was setting was getting properly set into the BIOS upon reboot and floppy installation.

Is the D945GPM somehow "locked"? What's going on? I thought this was going to be my magic trick to overclock this board.

Xtreme Member
    Thanks a lot for the excellent tutorial.

Quick question, if I unlock these hidden options about how much can an E6600 (non ES) be pushed without doing a vmod to the board?

Thanks in advance.

nice tutorial, makes it look so simple to just mod your bios and flash it, even a dork like myself would wanna try it some time.

one question though. I have a dg965ry with a e6400... and apparently I can't change the FSB on that motherboard even with itk (or can I?)

but I did find a "processor multiplier" option on the maintenance menu. the standard setting is 14... I thought the standard multiplier for the e6400 was 8? or am I just making a fool of myself asking this? :P

anyway, if I pushed that 14 to, say, 18, and flashed the mobo... would that work?

thanks in advance

Xtreme Member
    I have a question, but I as I havn't slept in 36h please forgive me if I'm unclear.

Let's say that I want to undervolt a cpu on a mobo with no voltage ctrl down. I then do all this in windows then install freeBSD and end up with a undervolted chip?
    AMD Phenom II 940BE | DFI LP DK790B-M2RS | Echo audio Layla 3G | 8GB Corsair C5 PC6400 | Sapphire HD3870 with HR-03+ | Genelec 8030A | Samsung 244T | Antec P182 gun metal | Thermal right Ultra120 | UPS: APC BACK-UPS RS 1500VA | Windows Vista Ultimate 64 | DAW: Ableton/Sonar | WAN: 100/10Mbit/s | OS on: WD Velocioraptor Storage: Rocket Raid 2300 PCI-E + 4*400GB Samsung T133 @Raid5. Firewall: Tyan Tomcat 945GM | Core Duo T2600 | 2*512MB ram | Nexus PM PSM-5000 | Picu PSU.

"People who enjoy waving flags
    don't deserve to have one".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123