Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ITK tutorial

Hybrid View

Xtreme Member

ITK tutorial

The Intel Integrator Toolkit can be used to unlock hidden options in BIOS for Intel motherboards like the 975XBX. These options are normally only available for ES or EE chips. With a little work you can get any Intel chip to overclock where you want it to go.

Get it here
    http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/itk.htm

1) Download the iflash version of latest bios.

2) Extract files by executing SW.exe in your new iflash directory.

3) Open ITK framework Edition (for all newer mobos).

4) Click file > new workspace.

5) Browse to bios file from your saved iflash directory from step 1 in the dialogue box that pops up, makes sure to have all three options checked in the popup box.

6) Select the .itk file from step 1 location that step 2 extracted in the pop up box.

7) Select bios options from the tree stucture, double click to change a setting. change all settings you want.

8) Insert an MS Dos bootable floppy into the floppy drive or make one.

9) Click tools > Generate Media.

10) Select location and options page 1.

11) Select options page 2 and generate files to floppy.

12) This is what your floppy should now look like.

That is it, you are now ready to flash these new bios settings in place. restart with floppy in and let it run its course uninterupted. It will reboot and flash then reboot itself you must leave floppy in until you see a double prompt with cursor flashing then manually reboot.

*****Important step to make changes appear*****

Shut down comp, power off unplug, change jumper to maintenance mode, power on. Boot, save settings, shut down power off unplug replace jumper to normal mode and apply power and boot up. Success!!!

Each time Intel issues a new Bios update and you apply it, you should redo the steps above.

If you screw up and apply too high of a bootstrap there is a save, move jumper to maintenance then in bios options, downclock by minus 30% and reboot. Then you can flash some more appropriate settings.

List of boards supported by ITK,

Boards with 8Mbit FWH:

Intel® Desktop Board D975XBX
    Intel® Desktop Board D955XCS
    Intel® Desktop Board D955XBK
    Intel® Desktop Board D945PLNM
    Intel® Desktop Board D925XHY
    Intel® Desktop Board D925XECV2
    Intel® Desktop Board D925XEBC2
    Intel® Desktop Board D925XCV
    Intel® Desktop Board D925XBC
    Intel® Desktop Board D915PDT
    Intel® Desktop Board D875PBZ
    Intel® Desktop Board D865PCK

Boards with 4Mbit FWH:

Intel® Desktop Board D945PWM
    Intel® Desktop Board D945PVS
    Intel® Desktop Board D945PSN
    Intel® Desktop Board D945PLRN
    Intel® Desktop Board D945PAW
    Intel® Desktop Board D945GTP
    Intel® Desktop Board D945GRW
    Intel® Desktop Board D945GPM
    Intel® Desktop Board D945GNT
    Intel® Desktop Board D945GCZ
    Intel® Desktop Board D945GBO
    Intel® Desktop Board D915PSY
    Intel® Desktop Board D915PGN
    Intel® Desktop Board D915PCY
    Intel® Desktop Board D915PCM
    Intel® Desktop Board D915PBL
    Intel® Desktop Board D915GVWB
    Intel® Desktop Board D915GUX
    Intel® Desktop Board D915GMH
    Intel® Desktop Board D915GEV
    Intel® Desktop Board D915GAV
    Intel® Desktop Board D915GAG
    Intel® Desktop Board D910GLDW
    Intel® Desktop Board D865PERL
    Intel® Desktop Board D865PCD
    Intel® Desktop Board D865GVHZ
    Intel® Desktop Board D865GRH
    Intel® Desktop Board D865GLC
    Intel® Desktop Board D865GBF
    The following boards are NOT supported with the toolkit:

Intel® Desktop Board D845GVFN
    Intel® Desktop Board D845PEMY
    Intel® Desktop Board D101GGC

Technical support page with updated list of supported boards for ITK,
    http://www.intel.com/support/motherb.../CS-015474.htm
    Last edited by gone_fishin; 04-19-2006 at 01:17 PM.

silver wall jumper X
    Awesome work there gone_fishin !!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    And if you fancy your own Boot Image, you can also add it in =)...

Just a little caution though, specially for non ES CPU owners. Changing FSB for high-multiplier CPU may result to no boot so if you plan to change the default bootstrap (i.e. 533/800/1066/1333), make sure your CPU can do such high FSB.

i.e. a CPU with 14x200 (bootstrap 800Mhz) would probably be ok to boot at 14x266 (bootstrap 1066). Not that I am saying anyone is dumb, but if you plan on using say, a Pentium 660 (18x200) on a 1066 bootstrap (18x266) then you may be in for a big no boot surprise =).

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by death metal
    And if you fancy your own Boot Image, you can also add it in =)...

Just a little caution though, specially for non ES CPU owners. Changing FSB for high-multiplier CPU may result to no boot so if you plan to change the default bootstrap (i.e. 533/800/1066/1333), make sure your CPU can do such high FSB.

i.e. a CPU with 14x200 (bootstrap 800Mhz) would probably be ok to boot at 14x266 (bootstrap 1066). Not that I am saying anyone is dumb, but if you plan on using say, a Pentium 660 (18x200) on a 1066 bootstrap (18x266) then you may be in for a big no boot surprise =).
    Thanks for the issue, I noted a workaround to it above. In maintenance mode the board reads the bootstrap off of the processor and does not over ride it. You can only flash new setting from regular mode so you have to downclock in order to gain access again.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Ooops, didn't see that you already made a note to it before...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by death metal
    Ooops, didn't see that you already made a note to it before...
    You brought my attention to it, thanks. Then I noted the workaround with an edit.

Banned
    you can also have the "restore mode" BIOS standy by to use if you need to. this is also available from the Intel BIOS DL section for the boards. sometimes its a good idea to have a "recover" disk standing by for use in a pinch.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by freecableguy
    you can also have the "restore mode" BIOS standy by to use if you need to. this is also available from the Intel BIOS DL section for the boards. sometimes its a good idea to have a "recover" disk standing by for use in a pinch.
    Only the .bio file is provided with the restore bios download. It won't change your settings. You MUST go into maintenance mode and downgrade your settings to be able to boot if you screw up and get a no boot problem. The restore download is provided for use if you have a power failure when updating the bios and it becomes corrupted.

Xtreme Member
    With a little work you can get any Intel chip to overclock where you want it to go.
    LMAO.
    I would call this topic "Having fun with a factory crippled board". And it's not always where I want it to go.
    The multi thingie is cool, hands down. Too bad the FSB cannot be adjusted in 1MHz steps (or, can it? what clockgen does it have? is it connected to the smbus?). The great thing in this is - can someone figure how to pop up a tool that can adjust multi on the fly on any intel-chipset board?
    Web-browsing machine: Q6600@3.6GHz/1.4V | Andy Samurai/AC AF12025 | MSI P35 Neo2-FR | 4x1GB Hynix DDR667@500 MHz 12-4-4-4 | Sapphire HD3870 | Audigy2 ZS | DeLUX 600W PSU | Toshiba 37WL67ZG TrueHD 1080i

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by caligula
    LMAO.
    I would call this topic "Having fun with a factory crippled board". And it's not always where I want it to go.
    The multi thingie is cool, hands down. Too bad the FSB cannot be adjusted in 1MHz steps (or, can it? what clockgen does it have? is it connected to the smbus?). The great thing in this is - can someone figure how to pop up a tool that can adjust multi on the fly on any intel-chipset board?
    What is the big difference in the end if it is 1mhz steps or 3 mhz steps? The most you would ever lose out on is 2mhz fsb at the top end of an overclock.

Xtreme Member
    The question is if it'll work on i945PM/GM for Yonah
    That's just craptastic...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warship
    The question is if it'll work on i945PM/GM for Yonah
    It works for all Intel MADE motherboards, not the 2nd party ones like asus, abit, Gigabyte ... etc.

Excellent thread.

How about some working examples for 9XX processors?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SluRRR
    Excellent thread.

How about some working examples for 9XX processors?
    http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=86970

Last edited by gone_fishin; 04-19-2006 at 12:53 PM.

Banned
    Changing multi for unlocked CPUs or ES CPUs from Windows is easy. Anyway, has anyone noticed that what you call BIOS is not BIOS but EFI?
    Clean and nice 32-bit code with lot of undocumented MSRs sprayed around...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    So this has to be done for every FSB bump? Or this just opens up the adjustment options ?

Thanks.

Xtreme Member
    Can this be made a sticky?

i have the inte 965EE prosser and the Desktop Board D975XBX and when i go to the bios i see 3.2 ghz and it shold be 3.73ghz and i cant change it what should i do do i need to use the Intel Integrator Toolkit

thanks

Xtreme Member
    SHi%%% .... nice if I gonna buy a bad axe.....

there will be "High Times" for our Mac Guys here again ..

when I open the silverstonecase (with external floppy) to install xp , F6 sata raid drivers,
    or update a bios.....

normally all three mac editors roll over the floor screaming with tears in their eyes and wet trousers .....
    Last edited by mine; 05-28-2006 at 12:31 AM.

Thanks gone_fishing for an excellent tutorial.
    Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis

Utúlie’n aurë! Aiya Eldalie ar Atanatári, utúlie’n auré

Xtreme Member
    Another vote for a sticky.

Just wondering, have I got this right?

Does this unlock the settings in the bios, or just allow you to make the adjustments and flash them? (i.e. the options are still locked in the bios, but now set to what you specified in ITk)

So, you can set to boot at either 133, 200, 266 or 333 fsb and then overlock 30% from each of those? Or, do you have full fsb and voltage selection now unlocked in the bios as with an XE chip?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesnel
    Another vote for a sticky.

Just wondering, have I got this right?

Does this unlock the settings in the bios, or just allow you to make the adjustments and flash them? (i.e. the options are still locked in the bios, but now set to what you specified in ITk)

So, you can set to boot at either 133, 200, 266 or 333 fsb and then overlock 30% from each of those? Or, do you have full fsb and voltage selection now unlocked in the bios as with an XE chip?
    The hidden options stay hidden. Example the voltage stays at what you set it with no options in bios BUT....setting the bootstrap to 1066 from 800 now gives you a whole new range to start overclocking using the -30% to 0% to +30% in bios option. You can also set the default memory timings to the loosest settings of 5 -5 -5 -15, any voltage, 1/1 timing and adjust them from there, ensuring the memory will not hold you back on bootup.

Xtreme Member
    Thanks for clearing that up, much appreciated.

i have this Intel D975XBX board and intel d 965EE prosser and i cant see the option to change the fsb i can change bus speed and the multiplayer but i dont see the fsb so i can change it
    thanks

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Okay, all I changed was the FSB from 600 to 1067. I put that on my floppy and restarted. It ran some text and restarted again, and left me at the double prompt. I shut it down and went into maitenence mode, changed my RAM to 800 5-5-5-12, disabled audio and secondary SATA, and set my SATA to AHCI. Saved changes and turned off. Put my jumper back and turned on Windows. Nothing changed. My pentium D 930 is still at 3GHz. What did I do wrong?
    P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP
    Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 2.8GHz
    GeForce 8800GTS

CLICK THIS:http://www.projectoffset.com/astormiscoming/ Each unique view moves the bar up. Last time it filled, a new picture was revealed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast