Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Intel D975XBX "Bad Axe" Revision 304 - Who Wants One?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky
    i don't know why it wouldn't come with the extra 4 silicon RAID SATA ports, but otherwise i just don't think that it ships with the front panel thingy or the extra USB/firewire PCI connections

edit: theres two 10-pack order codes, and what i THINK is the situation is that:

KD975XBXLKRPAK10 = 10 pack of desktop D975XBX boards

BLKD975XBXLKR = 10 pack of boards w/o the extra SATA ports

checking with my friend about this right now - we should have an answer soon

I would prefer the board with the extra SATA ports if that is possible.

Xtreme Member
    You don't need to create a new .bio bios file, you just make a new settings configurations and flash that. If you want to change the boot logo or something like that then make a .bio bios file.

I can make a simple tutorial if needed.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Wait can you guys tell me how to get the Default config override feature under Chipset? I can see it in my actual bios but Dont see it here...

Skulltrail Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by freecableguy
    File -> Generate BIOS File... to create the *.BIO file after you are done making changes. Save as "bx0908p.bio".

Then go here and download the BX0908P.ISO file (2nd from the top).

Open the ISO file with something like UltraISO. Replace the *.bio file with the BIO file you just created and then save the ISO. Then burn the ISO to a CD using Nero or other similar program

Reboot the Intel board with the CD-ROM inserted. Follow the prompts. The system will reboot once more and then flash the BIOS automatically.

-FCG

thanks alot fcg
    • Lian Li PC-75B • Corsair Professional Series 850w •
    • 2x Intel Xeon E5420 @ 3.0GHz (400x7.5) • Intel D5400XS Skulltrail •
    • 8GB (4x2GB) A-Data DDR2-800 FB-DIMM ECC (1:1 @ 400MHz) •
    • MSI Radeon HD4870 1GB • Creative X-Fi Titanium HD •
    • 2x WD VelociRaptor 150GB (RAID 0) + 2x WD Caviar Black 500GB •
    • 2x EK Supreme HF CPU • EK S-MAX NB • EK VGA Supreme GPU • Blastflow Tidal SB •
    • Thermochill PA120.3 • Swiftech MCRes-Micro • Laing D5 w/ Bitspower Top •

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Heatware • http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=34593

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Use the ITK Framework Edition and you won't need a BIO file just a config file saved on a bootable diskette. Hit the "Generate Media" and load a bootable diskette and voila, the dos-based ITK will just "unlock" the other options in the BIOS.

Don't forget the Enhanced Power Slope =).....

Really nice to see you guys tweaking an Intel-branded board =)...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thanks, so your saying that dos based itk will just auto unlock the other features? interesting...and what exactly does the "Enhanced Power Slope " do?

Skulltrail Junkie
    enhanced power slope is something thats supposed to reduce vdroop - and from what i've seen, it actually works
    • 2x EK Supreme HF CPU • EK S-MAX NB • EK VGA Supreme GPU • Blastflow Tidal SB •

Xtreme Enthusiast
    wow thats pretty impressive. Anyway what do you guys think about Intel desktop control center?

This is a quick OC on a spare prescott, it looks cool and all but it starts a little slow and hates all other programs which try to access the Pll, SMBUS, temp sensors etc. If I run any other program which uses these the program instantly crashs and wont work until I reinstall and rebot. Anyone else get this problem?

Xtreme Member
    I put up a quick and dirty ITK tutorial to get people started on the 975XBX who are not blessed with engineering samples or wads of cash for extreme edition processors.

Enjoy.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...87#post1403187

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky
    To make a long story short, Intel began shipping these boards about a week ago, so good luck getting them out of retail stores before the older revisions are sold out (a.k.a. not anytime soon)

I have a friend in Boston that has connections at an Intel channel, and he's going to be checking if they have received any revision 304 boards that support Conroe yet. If all goes well, these boards will be available through me and mikeguava in a short while.

-Justin

1. Sneaky
    2. mikeguava
    3. vapb400
    4. Latiass (?)
    5. SluRRR
    6. vengance_01
    7. Waffles
    8. StixxX (?)
    9. freecableguy (2)
    10. ^^
    11. althes
    12. \Karting_freak (2)
    13. ^^
    14. Burner27
    15. krullet
    Add me, please. pghammer21@comcast.net

Just one for now. Don't need the extra SATA ports.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by gone_fishin
    I put up a quick and dirty ITK tutorial to get people started on the 975XBX who are not blessed with engineering samples or wads of cash for extreme edition processors.

Enjoy.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...87#post1403187
    Very nice work. Too bad I dont have much use for it lol, I have an ES so I already got the options. I wonder if there is someway more options can be added lol. Too bad Intel doesn't allow direct FSB changing instead of the percent.

Quote Originally Posted by vapb400
    Doesn't make a difference to me, but doees it being OEM mean that it is the board on the right here: http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd..._available.htm
    aka no firewire, additional raid, or spdif

jw

~$190 + shipping sounds awesome....keep up the good work.
    Per the link provided above by vapb400, BLKD975XBXLKR is the board with 8 sata. This is the only board I am interested in. If you can work out a purchase for this board, I'm still in.

I would also assume that none of the retail 'extras' (software, cables, bay inserts, etc) would be included in the oem package. I can live without these extras, but I would like confirmation.

Thanks.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cupholder2.0
    Very nice work. Too bad I dont have much use for it lol, I have an ES so I already got the options. I wonder if there is someway more options can be added lol. Too bad Intel doesn't allow direct FSB changing instead of the percent.
    Thanks

1 percentage changes are small increments.
    At 800fsb 1% = 2mhz fsb boost
    at 1066 1% = 2.66mhz fsb boost
    at 1333 1% = 3.33mhz fsb boost

It works in plus or minus mode so you have a full array of fsb steps from 200 up to 433 with multiple ways to achieve them.

Xtreme Member
    Greetings all.

Could this be the board for me?

A little while back, I had my NewEgg shopping cart all loaded up with my upgrade to an s939 165 (since we all knew AM2 wasn't all that) from my well used p4 2.53 when I read about Conroe...

Now, like so many others, I am anxiously awaiting real results/availability - although I've seen Victor's amazing results, so I guess we all have an inkling of what to expect. I had already resigned myself to waiting until Conroe was released to upgrade and in fact purchased a refurb agp 6800gt (replaced a 9800pro) to hold me over while I explore Oblivion.

Unfortunately, if I were to jump on this board, I will need a stop gap processor while waiting for Conroe. I don't know if that's that big a deal, but I'm not sure what I should get... and perhaps I could ebay it once Conroe is out.

New mobo ($225), new cpu (920? $240? best bang for the buck for now I suppose until the 2.66 Conroe hits?), new air cooling ($50?), new ram ($? Is there 'good enough for Conroe' ddr2 already out?), new video ($300+)... hopefully my powersupply will hold up - its a CompUSA semi generic ("Mad Dog" - don't laugh, I was desperate) '500' watt unit, but seems to do fine.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'd really love to upgrade now, and think this board might be my ticket.

Tad

Xtreme Addict
    so who is gonna find the vcore/vdimm mods?

Skulltrail Junkie
    freecableguy

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by gone_fishin
    Thanks

1 percentage changes are small increments.
    At 800fsb 1% = 2mhz fsb boost
    at 1066 1% = 2.66mhz fsb boost
    at 1333 1% = 3.33mhz fsb boost

It works in plus or minus mode so you have a full array of fsb steps from 200 up to 433 with multiple ways to achieve them.

Yeah, Im aware of that, I was just saying that it would be a little nicer if you could also just change the FSB. Would allow a little more control.
    Anyway Im glad Intel is being a lot more OC friendly now.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by tdenton1138
    Greetings all.

Could this be the board for me?

A little while back, I had my NewEgg shopping cart all loaded up with my upgrade to an s939 165 (since we all knew AM2 wasn't all that) from my well used p4 2.53 when I read about Conroe...

Now, like so many others, I am anxiously awaiting real results/availability - although I've seen Victor's amazing results, so I guess we all have an inkling of what to expect. I had already resigned myself to waiting until Conroe was released to upgrade and in fact purchased a refurb agp 6800gt (replaced a 9800pro) to hold me over while I explore Oblivion.

Unfortunately, if I were to jump on this board, I will need a stop gap processor while waiting for Conroe. I don't know if that's that big a deal, but I'm not sure what I should get... and perhaps I could ebay it once Conroe is out.

New mobo ($225), new cpu (920? $240? best bang for the buck for now I suppose until the 2.66 Conroe hits?), new air cooling ($50?), new ram ($? Is there 'good enough for Conroe' ddr2 already out?), new video ($300+)... hopefully my powersupply will hold up - its a CompUSA semi generic ("Mad Dog" - don't laugh, I was desperate) '500' watt unit, but seems to do fine.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'd really love to upgrade now, and think this board might be my ticket.

Tad
    Grab a 805. 130$ Dual core Pentium D

Admin
    the_mongoose_50 at hotmail dot com

just to confirm.

silver wall jumper X
    Soon we'll start a XBX - competition thread here

Skulltrail Junkie
    now that we're getting closer to 20 boards, please email me at my alternative email address: sneaky.xe@gmail.com if you are one of the people who are going to be pre-ordering D975XBX rev. 304 boards

include your Name, XS Display Name, and E-Mail where I can contact you if/when needed

please title the subject of the email - D975XBX Rev. 304 Pre-Order

thank you
    -Justin

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Have emailed you Sneaky as per your instructions above, hope I'm not too late to get in on this

Xtreme Mentor
    sent email as requested
    Abit KN9-SLI
    X2 3800+
    1gb corsair pc5400
    2 evga 7900gt
    200gb maxtor sata
    ocz 520w
    heatware:althes
    ebay althes

Xtreme Member
    "You've got G-Mail"