Thread: Asus or Abit A8N32-SLI Who's better?

Threaded View

Asus or Abit A8N32-SLI Who's better?

Hey, long time reader and tweeker. since 1989 this is just my first post here, very nice forum. More technical than any other I've come across. I've gone though an Abit IC7 and an IC7-G in the past 3 years. Both died unexpectedly on me. I do like Abit and really had no issues with them at all until they died.

I'm looking at the A8N32-SLI socket 939 boards for the 2 x16 PCI-e slots, (I'm a resolution junky) I'm not even considering DFI due to the lack there of. Both Abit and Asus seem to perform about the same. I'm not sure which one is better. I like the layout of the Asus alot better, 3 PCI slots, but really I could only use 2 once I insert a 7900GTX, so I would be back to the same as the ABIT. I do plan on going SLI soon after but not right away. The abit seems to have more reported stability, but I do not like the floppy connector down there. They also have Uguru clock and the Post code readout thing.

Looking at Newegg lots of bad reviews for the Asus, Lots of DOA or soon after using it died. Some 3 or 4 times in a row.

For the Abit not to many reviews 30 and not a one really bad. However after a dead IC7 in about a year and the IC7-G less than a year, (I had a mild 24/7 OC of 220fsb 1:1), I would have thought 2 years min operation at those speeds. So Abit has left me with mixed feelings. I also know they are just getting back on their feet from all the $$$ problems.
    I've never used Asus. I know their 478 boards were great OCers. Looks like you get more space between each PCI-e slot.

So what do you think?
    Abit

or Asus
    Last edited by MaXThReAT; 04-04-2006 at 05:31 PM.