Thread: Need speakers

Xtremely slow runner

Need speakers

I'm looking for new speakers for my sys but i'm rather cash strapped and i'd like a 5.1 system, i've the choice between the creative Inspire 5.1 5100 or the Hercules XPS510. Any idea which one performs the best and what kind of connection they use?

the hercules is a bit more powerful and expensive but the control are on the subwoofer (which will be on the ground) and that is a big drawback
    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Av by Frisch This is not a Lime tree

Xtreme Folder
    Why not get the Logitech 640s I've read nothing but good stuff about them, only 67 bucks at newegg... Also if you look at the reviews on newegg our own Kunaak has a review up on em.... and the controls are on the center channel speaker!

Xtremely slow runner
    They look nice even if they are a bit more expensive than the other
    Can someone tell me if they do sound better than the two other?
    (i can't buy at newegg because i'm in france)
    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Xtreme Addict
    those 640s look pretty nice, and a good price too.

antipop, what speakers are available to you, and how much do they cost?

Xtremely slow runner
    Originally posted by felix88
    antipop, what speakers are available to you, and how much do they cost?
    the Creative Inspire 5.1 5100 (90€] or the Hercules XPS510 (95€), maybe the 640 (116€)is they're really better or the the inspire 5300 (114€)

Xtreme Addict
    I got the logitech Z-560 speakers a while ago, I luv em

I imagine the 640/680 are great

Xtreme Folder
    I just ordered the 640's today so I'll let you know!

Xtremely slow runner
    Just keep me posted
    10x

Xtreme Folder
    Oh man I love these speakers!!! MP3's have never sounded soooo good!! DVD surround is crisp and clear and since I dont have a 5.1 system on my TV I'm hearing sounds in Ronin that I have never heard before... THe bass from the sub is amazing as well. I highly recommend these speakers!!

Xtreme Member
    Sounds like a pretty good deal for only $67.
    Abit Is7-E
    P4 2.0A @ 3.2 160FSB with 1.63V
    2x256MB HyperX 3000
    Sapphire 9800 Pro
    Maze 3 / Maze4 GPU/ 6x11 Heatercore/ Hydor L30

Xtreme Folder
    Hell of a deal I cant believe I had those crappy midiland 2.1's for so long!! Oh yeah the only bad thing about these is the blue power led on the center speaker man its just too bright!! nothing a small piece of masking tape cant cure!

Xtremely slow runner
    I'll order them tomorrow

Xtreme Addict
    antipop, i listend to a set of these speakers at BB and they sounded really damn nice. i may even need to buy some now.

Xtremely slow runner
    I received them today (the logitech z640) and they rocks, sounds is just great, the bass are deep, unreal2 sounds realistic and mp3 never felt so good
    I have just one question : how do you plug the center channel in the game theater xp?

Xtreme Folder
    Glad u like them but I have no clue where you plug the center into on that card..

Xtremely slow runner
    I have a plug named center in my card but the plug is (i think it's the name) RCA and the jack is a regular jack. Does someone know if a converter exists?

Xtreme Folder
    I think there may be a converter available but I'm not sure.. you have the name correct though, RCA Jack

Xtremely slow runner
    i'll look at my electronic shop if they have any because that would be a lose not to use the speaker at their full potential