Thread: Yet another dimes problem

Where's me Beer?

Yet another dimes problem

Got my 12VMs all setup again, after i formatted my HDD because windows won't let me sign into my account for some strange reason.
    However, i've come to another problem out of the 13 clients only 5 would register, the rest just says dimes internal error will retry in 4 seconds then 8 then 16. Yet out of the 5 that would register only one would produce a few hours every few days then stop.

This is really getting on my nerves now . I've fallen down to 11th place and gpcola is just behind me. Anyone having the same problem? Can anyone help me?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by hixie
    gpcola is just behind me
    MOVE OVER

I dunno hixie...are these DSL guests by any chance (I'm guessing not as I know you are working on a mini windows for the project)? If they are DSL it may be the bug I found a few days ago where the paths are screwed up in the properties.xml file. I corrected the paths and my clients started producing points, where before they ran seemingly fine but I never got any credit.

Are they all clones of the same base VM? Did you install Dimes individually on each or did you clone dimes too? Did you do anything different with the ones that work?

Where's me Beer?
    I created one VM and installed windows on it, and applied tweaks and stuff like that. Then cloned them and renamed each one. Lastly installed dimes individualy. I did the same with each one, dun't know why some work and some don't. My main windows client seems to be working fine now.
    I don't use DSL, never seem to be able to get it working.

BTW, my diming XP should be ready soon, sorry for the long wait been very busy at work these past few weeks.
    Last edited by hixie; 03-22-2006 at 10:14 AM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    You can get to the internet fine from each of these VMs I take it?

I'm a little out of my depth here, never having setup a windows VM before I'm afraid...maybe someone else has some suggestions???