Thread: 20K with 3.2ghz

Xtreme Addict

20K with 3.2ghz

I finally did it!!! Ive put the Aussies on the map...err ORB

Specs;
    2.4B @ 3240
    240mhz @ 2-5-2-2 @ 3.10vdimm
    9700 @ 463/378

Im now bidding fairwell to the Intel rig and have today bought myself a new 8RDA+(with A3 NB Stepping) and a 2100+ 0303VPAW so we will see how that goes. Just waiting for the AMD kit for the vapo

So proud to be the only Aussie on the ORB over 20K.....so proud
    Last edited by Creative; 02-05-2003 at 05:18 AM.

Intel P4 3.2 EE || Asus P4C800-E || Prometia Mach II || 2 x 256Meg HyperX 3500 || Antec TrueControl|| Sapphire Radeon 9800XT || 2x Raptors || Samsung 172T

OCAU 3DMark Team || 3DMark Compare: 26847 || World of Britney|| PCDB Entry

"Sundance is weird. The movies are weird. You actually have to think about them when you watch them. " -Britney Spears

Xtreme Addict

Thumbs up

Nice job !

I hope you have good luck with the AMD, and don't crack it!

I want to see how it goes for you...

Technician
    Big time congrats m8 - 20k is a real milestone. Remember when I first hit 10k - all of 12 months ago - lol. For some reason the 10k and 20k benchmarks always feel like much more of an achievement .

Congrats again m8 - and good lick with your AMD .

PiLsY.

[BTW - you looking to get rid of that 2.4? ]

Xtreme Addict
    Hey guys thanks heaps

isp, for sure, check the amd forum this weekend for my amd posts

PiLsY, funny u mention the 10K thing cos i was talking about that today too....17th July I got 10K;

Date: 2002-07-17
    CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) XP/MP/4 1470 MHz
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4600
    Res: 1024x768 32bit

and now 6-7 months later the score has doubled....just shows how fast technology can move

Intel P4 3.2 EE || Asus P4C800-E || Prometia Mach II || 2 x 256Meg HyperX 3500 || Antec TrueControl|| Sapphire Radeon 9800XT || 2x Raptors || Samsung 172T

OCAU 3DMark Team || 3DMark Compare: 26847 || World of Britney|| PCDB Entry

"Sundance is weird. The movies are weird. You actually have to think about them when you watch them. " -Britney Spears

Xtreme Enthusiast

Re: 20K with 3.2ghz

Originally posted by Creative

I finally did it!!! Ive put the Aussies on the map...err ORB

Specs;
    2.4B @ 3240
    240mhz @ 2-5-2-2 @ 3.10vdimm
    9700 @ 463/378

Im now bidding fairwell to the Intel rig and have today bought myself a new 8RDA+(with A3 NB Stepping) and a 2100+ 0303VPAW so we will see how that goes. Just waiting for the AMD kit for the vapo

So proud to be the only Aussie on the ORB over 20K.....so proud
    Congratz about the score.

As for switching to the 8RDA+, BIG mistake. All nForce2 boards suck IMO because of the very bad IDE driver.
    Unless you only care about 3DMark scores, that's going to make your life harder, the IDE performance that is.
    I know I was highly dissapointed with the nForce2.

Overclocking Guru
    Creative,

Cograds on the Score

AMD will be fun though I find them much more fun then Intel, there are so many mods and tweaks and different ways to approach the best Benches with AMD, challaging

Have fun,

OPP

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Originally posted by OPPAINTER
    AMD will be fun though I find them much more fun then Intel, there are so many mods and tweaks and different ways to approach the best Benches with AMD, challaging
    For some it's fun, for some is not.
    Depends on what you use the PC for. If you actually use it(to work on it, watch movies and play a few games), there's no way to beat an Intel.
    If you only use the PC for OC and benches, then AMD is all you said it is, and even more.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Alexandrus, what IDE problems are you talking about?

I have none at all.... Did you install the NVidia IDE Drivers?

What I did was to install the NVidia IDE drivers when prompted. Reboot, and then device manager says they are SCSI, this is ok.

Once you have installed the Unified Driver Package Go to Device Manager>IDE/ATA Atapi Controller Under this it should say "Nvidia Nforce MCP2 IDE Controller".

If not right click and update driver. Click Advanced, click don't search, Click have disk, then browse to folder C:\NVIDIA\nForceWinXP\2.0x\IDE\WinXP now choose "Nvidia Nforce MCP2 IDE Controller"

When it's done installing that, reboot and now your IDE drives will show as IDE but you'll be using the proper NVidia IDE drivers. The performance of my 80GB IBM 120GXP is up there with the other 7200rpm UDMA 100 drives in Sandra, so I'm pleased
    Last edited by Walrusbonzo; 02-05-2003 at 07:04 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Nice score creative, very well done .
    AXP1700+ JIUHB 0302 @ 2400MHz - TEC-Watercooled in The Skyscraper
    ABIT NF7-S , Sapphire Radeon 9500 Pro, 1.5GB XMS3200C2

XS IRC channel: irc.quakenet.net #xtremesystems
    www.ocfaq.com

Xtreme Member
    Already congratulated at the other place. Once again good on ya buddy!

They will fall at his feet....... But eBay @ZZHOLE still ripped me off!

Grats, nice card clocks.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI
    Creative,
    Congratulations! Super Score!
    great numbers, especially Nature score
    C

Xtreme Addict
    Creative would you do me a favor and run a few hd benches with that intel setup?
    Like Sandra, atto,hd tach???........ Whatever you have will be fine, and much appreciated.

muzz
    Zen2 Has brought AMD back!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Originally posted by Walrusbonzo
    Alexandrus, what IDE problems are you talking about?

I have none at all.... Did you install the NVidia IDE Drivers?

What I did was to install the NVidia IDE drivers when prompted. Reboot, and then device manager says they are SCSI, this is ok.

Once you have installed the Unified Driver Package Go to Device Manager>IDE/ATA Atapi Controller Under this it should say "Nvidia Nforce MCP2 IDE Controller".

If not right click and update driver. Click Advanced, click don't search, Click have disk, then browse to folder C:\NVIDIA\nForceWinXP\2.0x\IDE\WinXP now choose "Nvidia Nforce MCP2 IDE Controller"

When it's done installing that, reboot and now your IDE drives will show as IDE but you'll be using the proper NVidia IDE drivers. The performance of my 80GB IBM 120GXP is up there with the other 7200rpm UDMA 100 drives in Sandra, so I'm pleased
    Hehe, I may be an idiot but I am not that big of an idiot.
    Of course I nstalled the IDE drivers, but have you checked the CPU utilization with the MCP2 driver ?
    The other one is even worse, as it identifies the devices as SCSI and burners work like hell.

And one more thing, not everybody uses WinXP, so how about IDE drivers for Win2k and Win98 ?

Xtreme Addict
    And if you do do the hd tests on the intel, do me a favor and do them at a pci speed of 33 mhz..... the nforce boards run in spec, hence the hd's are running at that speed.

Thanks

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Muzz, if you are interested, I did those test already, and compred to the Intel chipset, the nForce2 IDE has 3-4 time more CPU utilization. The average sustained trnasfer rate is the same though, or very close, anyway.

Xtreme Addict
    I'm not going to get into this with you again Alex, maybe their support for Win98 is weak, I don't know because I don't run it.

I just did HD tests in sandra with the cpu USAGE on the dashboard running intervals of 1 second( I did this test 3 times in a row), and the most it hit was 10%. that was for a about 2 seconds( near the end of the test)... the rest of the time it was between 1-6% , with the MAJORITY of the time running under 4%.
    When I run Sandra Aritmetic burn in's I tell it to use 50%, and the usage always shows right around 50% , so I know it is not too far off.

That was with XP home without all the extra garbage running(I'm talking Xp's extra bs.. I am running it like I always do- nothing different).

Xtreme Enthusiast
    muzz, could you please post some pics of the HDTach test and say with which IDE driver you got that result ?
    Who knows, maybe my board is damaged, thus the very high CPU usage results.
    I am getting more than 12% with the MCP driver and more than 49% with the MCP2 driver(the one you need to install manually).

As for the Win98SE drivers and stuff, except for the security, Win98 is in many ways better than XP.
    And I am very puzzled to why nVIDIA cannot at least port the IDE drivers from XP to Win98 and Win2000. For Win200 all they would need is a changed INF file for crying out loud.

Xtreme Addict
    Does HDTach run on XP?
    I thought I heard it didn't........ I'll go look around.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I can *EDITED BY N8*.

Alexandrus,
    Please keep this discussion off of Xtreme Systems forums. Thanks,
    N8.
    Last edited by N8; 02-05-2003 at 11:39 AM.

Technician
    Do NOT use the forum for distributing warez or cracked programs.

PiLsY.

Xtreme Addict
    I found a shareware benchmark called Passmark, you can use it for 30 days free.........

Go here and run this program and sere what ya come up with( if ya want).

http://www.passmark.com/

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Sorry Pilsy, but I did not crack it and I don't make proffit from it, so that's not software piracy.
    Plus, I found the program w/o much effort on the net, so it's available to anyone.

But you're right, this is not the place to exchange that kind of software.

Xtreme Mentor
    Yes please take that kind of discussion to email or something of the sort
    E8600. EP45-UD3P. 500FSB 24/7. Still WinXP. Heatware

Xtreme Addict
    OK I ran that test(twice) and here are the results........ the only units( Baselines) I used to compare were 2 P4's they had listed.
    I also showed the device manager with IDE/atapi and disk drives ( I have a Seagate barracuda 4 which isn't the fastest, but very quiet).
    Like b4 I set the cpu usage to show every second, and the most it showed this time was 16% , and that wasn't very long....... most times it was <10( and sometiimes under 5).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast