Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there a way to get the HIGHER multipliers?

Xtreme Member
    Errr... 3 and 5, not 4 and 5...

Xtreme Addict
    wait, why are you blowing all of the bridges, aren't your chips unlocked?

c[_]
    1700+ are only unlocked to 12.5x and under. Blowing the last l5 and a combination of some other l5's gets you 13x and up unlocked.. just gotta get this refined 8-)

All the pics of 2100+'s I have seen had 4&5 blown..

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Addict
    well, if i understand this stuff correctly

http://www.beachlink.com/candjac/index.htm

i'd think blowing the last L3 bridge would do the trick.

read through all that stuff. there is some damn good info. it looks like candjac put a lot of time into that, gotta give him props.

Xtreme Member
    http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/ht..._painting.html

Check that out, it shows blowing the 3rd and 5th.

And felix, I thought what you did... normally blowing just the last L3 will do the trick. Apparently, though, C-C-C-C-0 is actually a reserved power-saving setting, and desktop boards don't know how to deal with it. Candjac pointed that out to me previously.

Xtreme Addict
    hmm, i'll have to take my CPU out and look at it. i may have time later today.

Schitzo, when i cut the 5th L3, i should have 11.5 + 8, correct? so i'd get 19.5, which is a reserved setting remapped to 3 something.

if it does boot up at 19.5(which i don't think it will), i can just change the 100/133 jumper on my motherboard. i'm pretty sure the chip will boot just fine at 1950MHz.

Xtreme Member
    Felix, this is what is said on Candjac's site:

"11X thru 12.5X settings change to 3X thru 4.5X Mobile CPU battery saving Power Now settings when the 5th bit is toggled from LO to HI"

If it's reserved, it will not boot, period. I tried the same thing, jumpering my board for 100 FSB so it'd boot at 19 x 100. It won't go. Candjac told me that because it's reserved, desktop boards can't figure it out.

You're going to need to turn it into something else... looking at the 1800+, your first L3 should already be cut, so if you blow the 3rd and 5th, you'll have a 2200+. To get a 2100+, that first bridge has to be closed.

Xtreme Addict
    ok, i think i've got it now. i'll have to blow 2 bridges like you've done.

which motherboard are you using?

i'm not sure if my motherboard will work correctly with higher multipliers. or is all of this stuff done independnt of the motherboard?

As you see I don't have this kind of problems

Xtreme Member
    Originally posted by felix88
    ok, i think i've got it now. i'll have to blow 2 bridges like you've done.

which motherboard are you using?

i'm not sure if my motherboard will work correctly with higher multipliers. or is all of this stuff done independnt of the motherboard?
    Take a look at the most recent bios flash. If it supports the 2400+, it supports at least the 15x multiplier.

Edit: and I'm using the A7V333.

It has all the multipliers up to 22, except the reserved ones (19 - 20.5, 14.5, etc)

Does anyone know why 14.5 is reserved?

Xtreme Addict
    technically my motherboard doesn't support ANY of the T-Breds or chips above the XP1800.

the multipliers in the BIOS go up to 15, but the ones above 11.5 don't work correctly. the 12 shows up as 11.5 and the 13 shows up as 12.5. the 14 and 15 show up as 5 and 5.5.

i'd just like to be able to use a 14 or higher multipler, and i was contemplating this mod. but now i'm not so sure because my motherboard may not even work at all with the modded chip.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12