Thread: 12 Rigs Running - More To Follow In The Coming Weeks

Xtreme Mentor

Cool ...

Last edited by conrad.maranan; 09-07-2010 at 10:15 PM.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Nice looking farm you have their Conrad. I hope this project goes a little better for ya than R@H did.

Xtreme Member
    Thats a nice farm you got there man!
    Main Rig: E6600, Asus Commando, Leaktek 8800GTX, X-Fi XtremeMusic, 2x Seagate 250GB 7200.10 RAID-0, Thermalright Ultra 120, HR-03+, Toughpower 1000watt.
    OC Settings: 3600mhz (400x9) 2:3, 1200mhz 5-5-5-15, 650/2000 GPU, 1.4vcore, 2.3vdimm.

Here to help
    Wow Looking forward to seeing the teams points jump.

Kitchen just finished here should I should be able to get another two rigs online.

Regards

John.

"Thermodynamics is a funny subject. The first time you go through it, you don't understand it at all. The second time you go through it, you think you understand it, except for one or two points. The third time you go through it, you know you don't understand it, but by that time you are so used to that subject, it doesn't bother you anymore".

Do you think runing rosetta and folding @ home would slow down overall performance to the appz..

Like would running both on one maching cut time in half what it would usually be to finish a WU?

I run 2 sevices of F@H on each pc when I do run it, I used to be in top 30 now im to 50 and dont like it..
    plus im gonna be setting up the kids pc XP2600M @ 2.5 as well sooner or later
    Join the XS WCG team and do your part to help save the world..
    ^^^Click here to start folding for the soon to be number one team in the world..^^^

Main rig: Gigabyte DS3/6300@3.2 7950 GX2/Server:Expert/165@2.9/PCI vid/Wifes:ASrock Dual SATA2/3800@2.4/X800XTAIW/Kids:165@2.7/X850XTPE

"A computer beat me in chess, but it was no match when it came to kickboxing"
    -Emo Philips

XS_THE_MACHINE
    Conrad, any chance of running DIMES on those rigs?? I'm sure your business can handle a little download/upload increase.
    "Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting"

clicks to save kids

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by conrad.maranan
    R@H was just a headache on the systems at work. I didn't have a problem with my AMD rigs, though. Besides, having a project backed by Stanford University was a lot easier to pitch to the powers that be.

Just finished adding two old school systems:

Pentium 3 @ 1.00GHz + 512MB RAM
    Pentium 3 @ 1.00GHz + 128MB RAM

Gonna try to borg a few more P4 rigs before I leave the office.
    let me guess .... the Boinic/Rosetta P4 service? Yeah im with you conrad .... I might be heading over @ folding as well since Rosetta + P4 + service is a bit of a mystery. Just stops ! Doesnt crash / fail ! Stops .... i mean wtf. Seriousily if you know what our Rosetta output is ..... it would be almost twice as much if not more with a working p4 service. Dont know much about folding but would like to try it out.

Here to help
    Run them both to see, F@H runs nicely with other DC programs, too nice really as it tends to step out of the way as all good DC programs should

Regards

John.

"Thermodynamics is a funny subject. The first time you go through it, you don't understand it at all. The second time you go through it, you think you understand it, except for one or two points. The third time you go through it, you know you don't understand it, but by that time you are so used to that subject, it doesn't bother you anymore".

Xtreme Cruncher
    Nice start to great farm I wish I had outside resources to fold with. Mine[31] are all home owned and operated
    mike

ROADTRIP For my DAD 09-11-07 and MA 10-28-11

comhar a neartú agus a leathnú

XS_THE_MACHINE
    What are the problems exactly?? We need more firepower on the DIMES front.
    "Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting"

clicks to save kids

Here to help
    Conrad shoot me a pm, I just checked the stanford stats its showing 4 rigs returning work all from seperate ip addresses so it looks like some arent sending

Regards

John.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by conrad.maranan
    After 12 attempts, it still couldn't connect. I then opened up the console and it finally uploaded. This doesn't sound too good and I'm going to have to look into this on Monday.
    Well... in the beginning I had few probs with ZoneAlarmPro and PeerGuardian, but I guess you don't have that kind of problems at all or have sorted yourself already.

BTW: have you thought of using simple app called FahMon. You could monitor all your rigs from one station.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Well I only have 1 comp running it (mine). 4000+ @ 2.8Ghz..2gb's ram, nice vid card, etc...

Thinking about putting it on my s754 A64 rig. AMD64 3200+, 2gb's ram, 6800gt. What you guys think?
    x6.wickeD

Xtreme Cruncher
    Do it, do it

-btw, thanks for the FahMon link sc00p, could save me some VNC'ing

Xtreme Member
    I'm rather new at F@H, and I don't fold for you guys' team, but I think I can help out.

Conrad, you need to set it to yes when it asks in setup about running Internet Explorer settings. This bypassed the proxy for our work computers, without having to mess with ports or server settings.

Only downside of this, is I don't know what parts in what file you would have to edit, only that deleting everything except the .exe file, and starting over, is the easyiest way to fix this.

Hope that helped ya out!