Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2424950515253545562 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1660

Thread: New Memory Tweaker for Intel Chipsets

Xtreme Legend
    =>3oh6: Could you try this version: CPU-Tweaker 3.1 b1

=>Stolejova: Could you try this version: memset 4.1 b4
    If it don't work, send a register dump (with cpu-z->last table->register.txt)
    at memset@hotmail.fr

=>DualCpuUser: I have no time actually for add some feature, perhaps later.

uncore challenged...
    Quote Originally Posted by FELIX View Post
    =>3oh6: Could you try this version: CPU-Tweaker 3.1 b1
    that is why you are the best boss. working perfect now. everything seems to be detected correctly and changes appear to be happening. excellent work again Felix for getting P55 boards updated before they are even released
    i don't quote in my signature, but best WR ever...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jor3lBR View Post
    It holds the current WR for the least vcore required to run 4500Mhz stable (1.32vcore)
    i can't even make that shyt up ^^^

=>Stolejova: Could you try this version: memset 4.1 b4
    If it don't work, send a register dump (with cpu-z->last table->register.txt)
    at memset@hotmail.fr
    The same problem and with this version...
    I sent You register dump!

Thanks!

Worlds Fastest F5
    Hi Felix.

I am getting a hard lock when launching Memset 4.1 b4 in XPx86 sp3 and 4.0 would not let me apply changes...

CPU Tweaker 1.2 was also giving me a hard lock but the new beta works fine

Are there any OS files / libraries that these programs need to run?

No chance of a dump send because of hard lock.

System in sig.

There are probably some damaged files in my OS lol

Edit: Ah after reading I see there is a bios lock for Asus RIIE that explains the no apply option, but not the hard lock...
    Last edited by Biker; 09-08-2009 at 04:19 AM.
    X5670 B1 @175x24=4.2GHz @1.24v LLC on
    Rampage III Extreme Bios 0003
    G.skill Eco @1600 (7-7-7-20 1T) @1.4v
    EVGA GTX 580 1.5GB
    Auzen X-FI Prelude
    Seasonic X-650 PSU
    Intel X25-E SLC RAID 0
    Samsung F3 1TB
    Corsair H70 with dual 1600 rpm fan
    Corsair 800D
    3008WFP A00

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcin255 View Post
    In someone working on Asus Rampage Extreme II?
    me.

P.S. sorry, I misunderstood the question.
    Last edited by Brama; 09-08-2009 at 09:31 AM.

Xtreme Legend
    =>StoleJovao: I didn't received anything, try to re-send it.

=>Biker: What do you mean by "hard lock"?

=>Brama: You can change timings with CPU-tweaker on a Asus Rampage Extreme II ?!?

Xtreme Member
    =>Brama: You can change timings with CPU-tweaker on a Asus Rampage Extreme II ?!?
    Till now not, I hope in the future.
    As you surely remember, in R2E, after resuming from S3, a bug permits to change the timings.

=>StoleJovao: I didn't received anything, try to re-send it.
    Hm, very strange... I send it again, hope that You will receive this time!

Regards!

Xtreme Legend
    I just got the i5 datasheet, and I read that Memory Configuration Unlock
    for Core Lynnfield is not in the same register that Core Bloomfield,
    so I made the change in this version: CPU-Tweaker 1.3 b2

=> Chri$ch, you can try this version on the motherboard wich previous version doesn't work.

Xtreme Addict
    Hi Herve,

will test it tomorrow, have now another board running

What i can now say is that it run with Xeon X3470 and Gigabyte P55M-UD4

Worlds Fastest F5
    =>Biker: What do you mean by "hard lock"?
    Hard lock = system freeze after starting the application.
    X5670 B1 @175x24=4.2GHz @1.24v LLC on
    Rampage III Extreme Bios 0003
    G.skill Eco @1600 (7-7-7-20 1T) @1.4v
    EVGA GTX 580 1.5GB
    Auzen X-FI Prelude
    Seasonic X-650 PSU
    Intel X25-E SLC RAID 0
    Samsung F3 1TB
    Corsair H70 with dual 1600 rpm fan
    Corsair 800D
    3008WFP A00

Xtreme Member
    I can't run it at all

It just gives me a dialog that says it will only run at 96 dpi and that I should change my font size. How ridiculous. This is the only piece of software in the world with such a requirement. Have you ever tried to use a 30" 2560x1600 display at 96 dpi? I'd have to wear glasses. No thanks!!

Please remove this silly dialog.

thanks,

WS

Xtreme Legend
    ...ridiculous...No thanks...silly?!? this is not how you'll get something.Do it yourself.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderSausage View Post
    I can't run it at all

It just gives me a dialog that says it will only run at 96 dpi and that I should change my font size. How ridiculous. This is the only piece of software in the world with such a requirement. Have you ever tried to use a 30" 2560x1600 display at 96 dpi? I'd have to wear glasses. No thanks!!

thanks,
    WS
    Sounds like someone's been smokin too much 'sausage'
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    I can't run it at all

thanks,

WS
    Why don't you try to do something like this by YOUR OWN and share it with us?....
    DPI as you like, custom fonts, etc.....
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Xtreme Legend
    ungrateful
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Addict
    Thanks to Herve for the fast Gulftown support

Xtreme Member
    I can't run it at all

thanks,

WS
    How rude, Many of us owe a debt of gratitude to Felix for this tool. and you speak that way? can you do better?

Xtreme Member
    However unwisely it was phrased, it is a valid comment. No program should have to dictate the user environment it runs in like that. It is up to the programmer to respect the user interface choices the user has made for their own viewing comfort, not impose what they think is best or most convenient.

If the user needs large fonts or icons because they have poor vision, or more simply they have a big screen with a very high dpi (now very common), why should they be prevented from running a program? Show some result, but don't refuse to run at all! It's a good thing MS Word or <insert your own favourite application, yep, any one at all> doesn't work that way...

If it's a limitation in the software/compiler/library being used to build the application, then it's just bad software/compiler/library - you can always get a better version without this ridiculous limitation and recompile.

Kudos to the group for supporting Felix as if he was being personally "attacked". But realistically, however unfriendly it sounds, however amazing and useful the software is, this is a poor programming limitation that I hope Felix will explore a way to fix in a newer version.

Xtreme Legend
    => IanB: You are right, it is a valid comment. But simply:
    "Felix, is it possible to fix the DPI size problem?" and if I can do something, I'll do it.
    It is not necessary to add useless and negative comments, especially when he don't know
    why I added this limitation

At originaly, it took me to add this limitation du to different windows size I used
    for each chipsets (in MemSet, see post #280 in this thread); my compiler (C++-Builder 4.0 pro,
    an old version launched in 1999, bought on Ebay) don't allow to manage this problem easily.
    Using an other compiler? first a compiler like Visual C++ is too expensive, second I don't have the time
    for re-write these software.

Remember that these softs are freeware, I do it by passion, but I have no obligation of result:
    if someone can do better, I'd be delighted.

However, DPI limitation in CPU-Tweaker is not necessary, I remove it at next; for memset, I can't do nothing.
    Last edited by FELIX; 09-17-2009 at 11:48 PM.

¿
    Quote Originally Posted by FELIX
    Remember that these softs are freeware, I do it by passion.
    And we thank you every time we run CPU Tweaker/Memset

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    However unwisely it was phrased, it is a valid comment. No program should have to dictate the user environment it runs in like that. It is up to the programmer to respect the user interface choices the user has made for their own viewing comfort, not impose what they think is best or most convenient.

If the user needs large fonts or icons because they have poor vision, or more simply they have a big screen with a very high dpi (now very common), why should they be prevented from running a program? Show some result, but don't refuse to run at all! It's a good thing MS Word or <insert your own favourite application, yep, any one at all> doesn't work that way...

If it's a limitation in the software/compiler/library being used to build the application, then it's just bad software/compiler/library - you can always get a better version without this ridiculous limitation and recompile.

Kudos to the group for supporting Felix as if he was being personally "attacked". But realistically, however unfriendly it sounds, however amazing and useful the software is, this is a poor programming limitation that I hope Felix will explore a way to fix in a newer version.
    Yes you're right about this BUT ONLY IF the programmer gets paid to do what he does OR if he SELLS the program to users...
    By this way, YES users have demands.....
    BUT IF the program is FREEWARE and the programmer updates it on his PRECIOUS free time for us, we DON'T HAVE ANY permission to ask anything....and when we POLITELY ask, it will be some updates for it as for the supporting of new motherboards...

This is the way that HAS to be asked:

"PLEASE FELIX and IF you have some free time and willing, could you change this x thing for us?"

....and NOT the way he attacked the program the above user......
    DID HE PAID IT to have DEMANDS from it?....
    Why doesn't he go to Microsoft and blame them for the Windows that he DIDN'T EVEN PAY TOO?....
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Xtreme Member
    Way to pile on me, guys!

I know this is freeware, done with the goodness of his heart, etc. and thanks for doing it (theoretically, since I haven't been able to use it yet). I wasn't calling him a jerk, I said it was ridiculous to deliberately put in a block to people with failing vision being able to use the software. I have plenty of apps that have minor cosmetic problems at high DPI and I don't complain about that. This app deliberately kept me from using it.

This is a disability issue, I honestly can't read 96 dpi on a 30" display without using really thick glasses that give me a headache. You wouldn't ridicule someone for pointing out the lack of wheelchair ramps, even if the building was a non-profit organization. And maybe I could have been more touchy-feely in my post, but it really hits a nerve for me when I hit this kind of thing because I feel discriminated against vs. all of you teenagers.

Thanks to Felix for saying he will remove this unnecessary restriction.

WonderSausage
    "Overclocking Since 1975"

p.s. hipro5, I see English is not your first language, perhaps your definition of "attacked" is different from mine. I said a software dialog box was ridiculous, and accuse me of being a software pirate? I think you need to take that back.
    Last edited by WonderSausage; 09-19-2009 at 11:39 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Way to pile on me, guys!

I know this is freeware, done with the goodness of his heart, etc. and thanks for doing it (theoretically, since I haven't been able to use it yet). I wasn't calling him a jerk, I said it was ridiculous to deliberately put in a block to people with failing vision being able to use the software. I have plenty of apps that have minor cosmetic problems at high DPI and I don't complain about that. This app deliberately kept me from using it.

This is a disability issue, I honestly can't read 96 dpi on a 30" display without using really thick glasses that give me a headache. You wouldn't ridicule someone for pointing out the lack of wheelchair ramps, even if the building was a non-profit organization. And maybe I could have been more touchy-feely in my post, but it really hits a nerve for me when I hit this kind of thing because I feel discriminated against vs. all of you teenagers.

Thanks to Felix for saying he will remove this unnecessary restriction.

WonderSausage
    "Overclocking Since 1975"

p.s. hipro5, I see English is not your first language, perhaps your definition of "attacked" is different from mine. I said a software dialog box was ridiculous, and accuse me of being a software pirate? I think you need to take that back.
    You are a difficult guy, mildly said.
    People here eloquently explained to you how useful is Felix's application and how you should approach to someone with a request, paying him or not, doesn't matter, you can't be that rude to people, someone will beat-the-s*** out of you in real world.
    I just wanted to tell you to F*** OFF, but I'm working on my anger management, so I won't.

deliberately = WTF?! READ the post #1295 http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...postcount=1295

pointing = pointing?! Wrong comparison. You were not pointing, you were attacking him and insulting him!

discriminated = example: my friend is fat, so he can't get in my very small car (yugo - one of 3-4 models of Serbian cars ever made in last 30 years). Am I discriminating him because I won't buy bigger car, or just don't have the money?!?!
    Well, I fell discriminated because many of these guys live in richer countries and have better standard, so they can buy computer parts often, change them frequently and everything... without fear of being hungry at the end of month. So am I discriminated?

teenagers = I am 32 years old and there are people older then me here and with much more experience. Doesn't matter if someone is younger if he knows more I'll gladly read and learn and respect him/her.

remove = he will not remove it in MemSet. Again, read the post #1295 http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...postcount=1295

"Overclocking Since 1975" = so what?! I'm overclocking since 1984. I oveoverclocked my Commodore 64!

I see English is not your first language = Your sentence would be much lees insulting without it.

accuse = Because of your attitude, you are guilty of everything until proven innocent. Life's a b*tch.

If you feel that you are attacked or insulted by any part of this post, you are absolutely right and it was intentional.

END OF LESSON!

@hipro5: "need to take that back" - don't you even think of taking anything back. He says that he was not telling that Felix is jerk, but I'm telling that WonderSausage is a JERK, disability or not.

Respect.
    Maximus 5 Gene | i7-3770K @ 5GHz | ADATA 2x2GB @ 2.6GHz 9-12-10-28-1T | HD7970 @ 1200/6400
    Rampage 4 Extreme | i7-3930K @ 5GHz ||| X58-A OC Orange | i7-980X @ 4.6GHz

uncore challenged...
    I said it was ridiculous to deliberately put in a block to people with failing vision being able to use the software. I have plenty of apps that have minor cosmetic problems at high DPI and I don't complain about that. This app deliberately kept me from using it.
    yes, when Felix was coding Memset originally he put in a DPI restriction so that years later you - and only you - would deliberately NOT be able to use the software <- that means i slathered that sentence with sarcasm for a humorous effect (just so you don't try to twist that into a purposeful act against you and your disability as well).

by using the term deliberately, you are accusing Felix of a purposefully wrong act...even after he has given you an explanation. that is completely laughable. there is no way he has put the restriction in to "deliberately put in a block to people with failing vision being able to use the software"...that is ignorance at the highest level to believe that.

i hate to break it to you, but the world doesn't revolve around you and your disability and not everything that hinders you due to your disability is a purposeful act against you. it was a limitation of early software versions that just hasn't found to be an issue for anyone else and therefore not removed, pure coincidence, not a purposeful act to prevent you from using the software. so before you demand people to fix things to abide by the "law of WonderSausage" and demanding others to take comments back, you should listen to your own advice and start with taking your comments back.

***PS, accusing someone of deliberately doing something in the manner you have is attacking...there isn't anything wrong with Hipro's English, he hit the nail on the head. man, the more i read this the more i get pissed off. i am done...thanks again for all you have done Felix. it is definitely appreciated by 99.99% of us, and should be appreciated by 1 more.
    Last edited by 3oh6; 09-20-2009 at 04:30 AM.
    i don't quote in my signature, but best WR ever...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jor3lBR View Post
    It holds the current WR for the least vcore required to run 4500Mhz stable (1.32vcore)
    i can't even make that shyt up ^^^

Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2424950515253545562 ... LastLast