I just built a new computer it's a socket 939 and consists of:

ASUS A8N5X
AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Some old Corsair XMS 333Mhz RAM, got a 256MB stick and a 512MB stick
Thermaltake 480 PSU
Sapphire Radeon x1300 512MB
Maxtor 160GB HDD

The problem is I got it all together installed windows and it randomly freezes. It froze about 10 seperate times after the build while I was in Windows. So I figured it might be the RAM so I replaced it with my Mushkin PC4000 RAM, but it still freezes. I even ran Memtest86+ on the Corsair for 2 and a half hours and it passed. So I figure maybe it is the HDD. I put in one of my spare HDD, formated it and reinstalled Windows. It still freezes. I try my OCZ 520 watt PSU and it still freezes.

I can't test the CPU or the motherboard becuase I don't have a spare board ATM. Could a motherboard or a CPU problem be at fault? I could get a PCI-E card from my friend to test it real quick if it's possible that could be it.

Another thing I noticed is that it only freezes in Windows. I never seen it freeze in the BIOS or in Memtest86+ that I ran for 2 and a half hours. Now that I think about it I'm gonna try to install Linux just to see if it freezes in Linux.

Anyone got any ideas? I'm about to pull my hair out here! I hope I don't have to RMA something and wait, but it doesn't look good at this point.