Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A8R32-MVP Deluxe freeze in CSS , BF2 ...

Xtreme Member
    Hes confusing the A8N32
    The Rig
    DFI Lanparty UT Nf4 SLI DR
    Athlon 64 3500+
    1 Gig OCZ VX DDR500
    BFG GeForce 7800GT
    160 Gig SATA HDD
    CD-RW DVD-ROM Drive
    Antec NeoPower
    Thermaltake Tsunami

Xtreme Mentor
    oh great so why did I buy this mobo?

but - http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2697&p=9

Ryzen 9 3900X w/ NH-U14s on MSI X570 Unify
    32 GB Patriot Viper Steel 3733 CL14 (1.51v)
    RX 5700 XT w/ 2x 120mm fan mod (2 GHz)
    Tons of NVMe & SATA SSDs
    LG 27GL850 + Asus MG279Q
    Meshify C white

Quote Originally Posted by kLLa142
    Hes confusing the A8N32
    Your right I am.

Well those are problems on the A8N32-SLI Deluxe.

Xtreme Member
    Mine arrived DOA!! Asus really has gone in the dumps!! This is my last asus board. Do yourself a favor don buy this POS!!
    "Behold, I am Funkadelic. I am not of your world. But fear me not, I will do you no harm. Loan me your funky mind and I shall play with it. For nothing is good unless you play with it. And all that is good, is nasty!"
    ("What Is Soul," Funkadelic, 1969)

Xtreme Member
    Sorry but this is a great board. It just has a boot timing issue that will easily be rectified with an updated BIOS that is being tested as we speak. It's super fast....

i7 3770K
    ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe
    16GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1600
    240GB HyperX SSD
    EVGA GTX 680 SC+
    X-Fi Fatality
    Corsair AX1200

Xtreme Mentor
    I can now say this board is really a POS.
    I was talking to someone and it seems the board is Out of stock most places, was told a shortage.
    I guess Asus QA screwed up real bad.
    The board has alot of issues.
    Stay away until issues are fixed my bet a rev2.0
    I wonder is Wes got a cherry board.
    Abit KN9-SLI
    X2 3800+
    1gb corsair pc5400
    2 evga 7900gt
    200gb maxtor sata
    ocz 520w
    heatware:althes
    ebay althes

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlybabyface
    Sorry but this is a great board. It just has a boot timing issue that will easily be rectified with an updated BIOS that is being tested as we speak. It's super fast....
    My friend when 10 people get a board and it works for 1 person we got some serious QA issues.
    Stay away from this board for now.
    By the way how do you get into the bios to flash it when it wont even boot to allow it.
    Abit KN9-SLI
    X2 3800+
    1gb corsair pc5400
    2 evga 7900gt
    200gb maxtor sata
    ocz 520w
    heatware:althes
    ebay althes

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by althes
    I can now say this board is really a POS.
    I was talking to someone and it seems the board is Out of stock most places, was told a shortage.
    I guess Asus QA screwed up real bad.
    The board has alot of issues.
    Stay away until issues are fixed my bet a rev2.0
    I wonder is Wes got a cherry board.
    agreed! i waited awhile to upgrade got a good price on a FX60 and then i get this POS that won't even boot.
    "Behold, I am Funkadelic. I am not of your world. But fear me not, I will do you no harm. Loan me your funky mind and I shall play with it. For nothing is good unless you play with it. And all that is good, is nasty!"
    ("What Is Soul," Funkadelic, 1969)

Xtreme Member
    My friend when 10 people get a board and it works for 1 person we got some serious QA issues.
    By the way how do you get into the bios to flash it when it wont even boot to allow it.
    I hate to say it but I haven't had any problems. Even flashed to the 0307 bios without issue. The only issue I am having (which should be easily fixed with a bios update) is that after making changes in the bios, the board sometimes will no boot. All you have to do is power the pc down and power it back up and it will boot up and be just fine afterwards with no issues with shutting down or starting up.

i7 3770K
    ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe
    240GB HyperX SSD
    EVGA GTX 680 SC+
    X-Fi Fatality
    Corsair AX1200

Xtreme Member
    I hate to say it but I haven't had any problems. Even flashed to the 0307 bios without issue. The only issue I am having (which should be easily fixed with a bios update) is that after making changes in the bios, the board sometimes will not boot. All you have to do is power the pc down and power it back up and it will boot up and be just fine afterwards with no issues with shutting down or starting up (unless big changes are made in the bios like changing HTT straps).

i7 3770K
    ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe
    240GB HyperX SSD
    EVGA GTX 680 SC+
    X-Fi Fatality
    Corsair AX1200

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlybabyface
    I hate to say it but I haven't had any problems. Even flashed to the 0307 bios without issue. The only issue I am having (which should be easily fixed with a bios update) is that after making changes in the bios, the board sometimes will not boot. All you have to do is power the pc down and power it back up and it will boot up and be just fine afterwards with no issues with shutting down or starting up (unless big changes are made in the bios like changing HTT straps).
    Have you tried with online games ?
    My board has no issue with booting , oc is nice , but only freezed in games makes me crazy

Xtreme Member
    Since I've just built this machine, I've played COD2 and TW2006 and both were fine. PCMark 2005 does have issues though....

Maybe this has to do with the LAN in some way????

i7 3770K
    ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe
    240GB HyperX SSD
    EVGA GTX 680 SC+
    X-Fi Fatality
    Corsair AX1200

damn great.... i got the a8r-mvp which turned out to be pos...i didn't even get to use it and its in my closet... now i got the a8r32-mvp hopeing for something better and nope it may actually be worse worst thing is i can only rma i can't get my money back for it

bah i'm never going asus again...currently i'm waiting on my X1900 which is y both boards are just siting

Xtreme Addict
    according to planetx64.com there's a new bios due out that fixes the problems
    i950 (3035B684)
    Gigabyte EX58A-UD3R
    3x4GB G.Skill PC3-12800 7-8-7-24
    HIS Radeon HD 6970 2GB & Dell 3007WFP-HC
    Asus Xonar DX
    128GB C300, Velociraptor & Sammy F3's
    Corsair AX850W
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1

^^Not dead!!^^
    I'm having the same exact issues as xs64 here.... Board OCs and benches great.... but when I try to play counterstrike it locks up every 5 seconds... plays for a few seconds and locks up again!!!!! I can't begin to tell you how pissed I am.

^^Not dead!!^^
    I am on a man hunt for this (v0033 dated 03-07-06) BIOS.... If anyone finds it post it here... I'll do the same.

^^Not dead!!^^
    OK..... sorry for the triple post

****Update 09/03/06****

Asus will today be releasing bios version 0311 for end users, we have tested this version and can confirm it fully resolves the performance issues we reported. We will monitor end user results and update as required.
    Source... http://www.driverheaven.net/index.php#news100818

And here I was about to put this board in a wood chipper and ship it back to ASUS in a bag This thing better be coming out today!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodzilla
    OK..... sorry for the triple post

Source... http://www.driverheaven.net/index.php#news100818

And here I was about to put this board in a wood chipper and ship it back to ASUS in a bag This thing better be coming out today!
    i have the latest Bios ( 0311 - not released by Asus now but will soon )
    It fixed these issue

BUT this Bios i cant run dual channel , only single and 2T ok ( 1T will crash ) WTF Asus !!!

Finally i return this board and use my old skool SLI-D

PM m e your email and i will send it to you ( thx for cuke2u @ DH who gave it to me )

^^Not dead!!^^
    I uploaded the BIOS to my server... If you all could give it a try and post back. (Mainly confirm what xs64 said about his timings after the flash... I've also heard that this doesn't fix the stuttering in Quake 4.)

I'll be installing this as soon as I get home and I'll post an update.

ASUS A8R32-MVP BIOS version 0311.
    http://rodzilla.xtremesystems-dc.com/Forums/0311.rar

Thank you!

Doesn't sound that good about the 1T issue though.

I'll flash asap.

^^Not dead!!^^
    Quote Originally Posted by korda
    Thank you!

Doesn't sound that good about the 1T issue though.

I'll flash asap.
    Let us know what you find... I'm anxious to get home and try this on my setup!

Ok, efter some BF2 testing etc I'm a very happy man. Very smooth.
    No problems running 1T either.

^^Not dead!!^^
    Quote Originally Posted by korda
    Ok, efter some BF2 testing etc I'm a very happy man. Very smooth.
    No problems running 1T either.
    Great news man!!! Just awesome!

Do you have Quake4?

Also... this bios fixes a memory timing issue... so you should be able to run your RAMs a little higher or at tighter timings. Have you experienced this?

.:EDIT:. also... do you have the ability to run HDtack on a SATA drive? This should fix the nose dives in that bench.

XS News
    Man you guys had me scared. I just bought this board from Tiger direct as I had some store credit with them. I should have it early next week. I hope this bios fixes all these issues.
    RIP Dad. I will miss you always.

Q6600,DFI X48 T2R,280 GTX,4gig ReaperX,XiFi Prelude,LL TYR PC X-2000,Westinghouse 37,Klipsch 5.1 Ultra

^^Not dead!!^^
    My report...

BIOS 0311 Does in fact fix the problems in games. I'm running smooth as silk now! (Note... I haven't tested Quake 4 Yet... prob will tomorrow)

ASUS --->STILL<--- hasn't officially posted this BIOS... but I do have it my server for you XS peeps out there. LINKEEEEE.

I had no problems running at 1T timings... high HTT... Dual Channel... or anything. However my OC didn't change at all... I still can't go any higher.

The HDtack bench ran perfect... no more nose dives in the HD bandwidth.

It would seem that ASUS fixed the skew settings in the BIOS At any rate they look different. ?????

All of my benchmarks stayed the same (3DMark 03, 05, 06, PCMark 04, 05 and the Sandra Mem benchmark) that is except for HDtack.

This is a good BIOS to fix the problems stated in this thread... However... this doesn't fix the fact that this board is really picky on RAM. I have 5 sets and it would only run 1 set at it's rated speeds (And these sticks are all known to go higher than rated)

The problem with changing BIOS settings in large increments also isn't fixed. I would recommend only changing a few things at a time and then rebooting. Ramp you OC up is steps... don't go right for the top (even if you know these settings will work) Your PC will not boot after you try and save the settings! And the sad part is that the ASUS CPR feature only works 2 times out of 10. I can't even count the number of times that I had to clear the CMOS .

That brings up another point... I've had this board lockup during tweaking in windows or after setting new values in BIOS. When I try and reboot it will do nothing! I always end up having to clear the CMOS. From time to time, after I clear the CMOS, it will boot once and say "defaults loaded BLAH BLAH BLAH" I found that even if I leave everything at stock and just try and save the defaults, the PC will fail to post after the settings are saved. If I clear the CMOS and save the BIOS defaults again it will do the SAME thing!!

There was quite a long period there where I couldn't get the board to boot at all for hours! I finally came across the solution

Remove power from the PC. Set the Jumper to clear the CMOS. Remove the battery! Let it sit for about an hour. When you turn it on it will boot and will continue to do so. I had to do this several times... and the only way I could keep the board from failing to post is to let it sit like this for quite some time

In short... this board is TRASH! Save your money and wait for the ABIT board to hit the streets. You may have to wait... but ASUS has proven what rushing a board to market can yield I now own a squishy piece of crap that I paid over 2x the MSRP for

-10 NOT XS APPROVED!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast