Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Frozen SS

-100C Club Member

Frozen SS

Well i have been planning this little thing for ages, mid last year ask eva2000.
    Only problem was finding someone to make a metal case at a price thats well affordable
    Finally its ready and time to start building.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06764.JPG 
Views:	6216 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	44130   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06766.JPG 
Views:	6766 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	44131   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06767.JPG 
Views:	6073 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	44132  

Banned
    Damn dude that thing is going to be sweet! Keep us posted with the progress, can't wait to see the final product.

Where'd you have the case done? Do you have a metalworking shop setup or did you take it somewhere and have them do it for ya?

Xtreme Cruncher
    wow...that'll be awesome man...that is very nice case work...GJ looking forward to finished product! how are the rev 3 blocks comin?
    Heatware | Ebay:Crazymullen | If you are unsure what Fhqwhgads means You are REQUIRED to go HERE| Powered by Centon Ram

IMHO Waste is a computer going to a landfill having done actual computations less than 90% of it's life. 90% of the computers powered on right now are idle or powered off; what a waste! [/B]

Is it a coincidence that your wifes pc is called Uranus?

Memory Addict
    ooooooooooooooooooooh my unit/compressor ?
    ---

-100C Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FragTek
    Damn dude that thing is going to be sweet! Keep us posted with the progress, can't wait to see the final product.

Where'd you have the case done? Do you have a metalworking shop setup or did you take it somewhere and have them do it for ya?

got a friend to do a drawing on autocad and i just took that to several metal shops.
    "whats ya best price on cash cash" hehe
    i wish i had a metal shop to make my own evaps and case.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhqwhgads6680
    wow...that'll be awesome man...that is very nice case work...GJ looking forward to finished product! how are the rev 3 blocks comin?
    thanxs, they were ment to be ready friday.
    now next week, really wont know until i got them. i am having the rev3 done at a different place to previously

Quote Originally Posted by eva2000
    ooooooooooooooooooooh my unit/compressor ?

maybe, maybe not

i went to the refrigeration store today to get the compressor, domestic 1/4Hp r12 compressor (like in last system just built)
    they didnt have any in stock, had to drive another 30mins to get it.
    They did how have a commercial LBP r404a/r507 1/4Hp in stock. bit more expensive, i have been dieing to try one and this seem like a good excuses to finally get one.
    I plan to charge this thing with r507 when i get some more.

Name:	DSC06761.JPG 
Views:	6054 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	44135   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06762.JPG 
Views:	6004 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	44136  

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Very nice ,

Banned
    Awesome mate, what was the final cost to get your case cut and assembled?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Newcastle Under Lyme - Staffordshire - UK
    Very nice Kayl

The case is very nice, you have a done a great job designing it and your machinists have formed it very well.

I look forward to seeing the finished system.

Tom
    "What will become of us, will we evolve"

-100C Club Member
    Awesome mate, what was the final cost to get your case cut and assembled?
    this one $150AUS. had quotes as much as $300AUS.
    THis is the sample, when i get some more $$, ill be getting 10 done, so works out cheaper. Now that they have the program on record next cases are easier for them to make and work out cheaper as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SoddemFX
    Very nice Kayl
    The case is very nice, you have a done a great job designing it and your machinists have formed it very well.
    I look forward to seeing the finished system.
    Tom
    thanxs, the place that i had it done was very helpful, they instructed me on how to draw the case so it actually fits together like i planned (taking into account metal thickness etc)
    getting all the measurements was alot harder than i first though

SoddemFX its not quiet as good as your case, that is quiet a piece of art.

Plan is to have this power coated black once i tapped some holes in the case.
    Last edited by kayl; 03-01-2006 at 07:52 AM.

Banned
    Wow that's pretty freakin cheap. Nice work mate!

I am Xtreme
    Whats that is usa dollars? can't remember the exchange rate.

what metal did you use ? what gage ?
    Last edited by wdrzal; 03-01-2006 at 07:56 AM.

-100C Club Member
    hehe for USA maybe
    Quote Originally Posted by wdrzal
    Whats that is usa dollars? can't remember the exchange rate.
    1AUS = 0.74US approx.

its sheet aluminium. 3mm all round

hope its thick enough. for next cases am thinking 3mm base and 2.5mm outer

Wow that's pretty freakin cheap. Nice work mate!

that one reason why i get my evaps cheap as the australia dollor is weak comnpared to other countries.
    Last edited by kayl; 03-01-2006 at 08:12 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    U$S111 for a basic case? wow, really expensive, we are starting to make phase cases with froster controllers included, but final cases not basic, and almost same price I think, send me a msg if you are interested.

-100C Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssilencer
    U$S111 for a basic case? wow, really expensive, we are starting to make phase cases with froster controllers included, but final cases not basic, and almost same price I think, send me a msg if you are interested.
    k thanxs for that. In time i think ill get a some gfrosters displays if there is interest in AUS.
    But for now im happy with this case. Lets say when i get 10 it works out at a price im happy with. Its actually located just behind the workplace i use to work at.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Hey Kayl, how thick is the metal on that case, I think im gonna try and make my own case. what is the minimum thickness for a good case, to keep vibrations down?
    Heatware | Ebay:Crazymullen | If you are unsure what Fhqwhgads means You are REQUIRED to go HERE| Powered by Centon Ram

IMHO Waste is a computer going to a landfill having done actual computations less than 90% of it's life. 90% of the computers powered on right now are idle or powered off; what a waste! [/B]

Is it a coincidence that your wifes pc is called Uranus?

Xtreme Recruit
    What are the actual deminsions of your case kayl??? In inches if you can : P

Xtreme Addict
    Some support ribs in the bottom would help with flex, a sheet the bottom will flex without bracing.

basically ask the bender to make a bottom sheet of V shapes and rivet it to the bottom of the original case in a few places to keep the bottom sturdy

(botton of phase box)

The V's don't have to be very deep or even V shaped to add a lot of rigidity.

semicircles or U shapes work equally well when properly mated to the bottom.

You can also have pipes in half and weld them to the bottom if you don't want to use a reinforcement type plate.

Xtreme Addict
    a 1/2 in thick slab of Medium Density or High Density Fiber Board in the bottom should do the trick too

Would add a ton of weight though if you weren't planning on shipping them freight.

Xtreme Member
    Hey Kayl dude, case turned out pretty good I see, must've been a good autocad drawing . Geez, you're going all out now with a R507 compressor, the whole unit is looking sweet

Xtreme Addict
    Looking good. We have Kirby stuff here in NZ but the prices are high. There is also no noise figure given in the specs. Since I want a quiet system I'm not willing to gamble. I'd love to know how loud that compressor turns out.

Everything is cheaper in the USA. You have 10's of millions of customers helping drive down the price. Apparently it's a prototype, so I'd expect it to cost more.

//edit, foot-in-mouth...have no idea about prices in Argentina. Comment still stands about USA tho.
    Last edited by SexyMF; 03-01-2006 at 11:31 PM.

Beefy!
    Quote Originally Posted by SexyMF
    Looking good. We have Kirby stuff here in NZ but the prices are high. There is also no noise figure given in the specs. Since I want a quiet system I'm not willing to gamble. I'd love to know how loud that compressor turns out.

Everything is cheaper in the USA. You have 10's of millions of customers helping drive down the price. Apparently it's a prototype, so I'd expect it to cost more.
    Ssilencer isnt in the USA though. He's in argentina.

-100c Club Member

Not when it is made in US
    [SIGPIC]http://www.vapoli.com/Images/Forum/vapoli.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Single Stage Work Logs

Quote Originally Posted by killermiller View Post
    Those ccb's will die if you look at them wrong.

heatware: jinu117

-100C Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhqwhgads6680
    Hey Kayl, how thick is the metal on that case, I think im gonna try and make my own case. what is the minimum thickness for a good case, to keep vibrations down?
    this one is 3mm think, not sure what thickness is best for a case to keep vibrations down, this is my first one.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4everCS
    What are the actual deminsions of your case kayl??? In inches if you can : P
    Its 50cm long and 25cm heigh and wide (20”x 10”x10”)
    Quote Originally Posted by Levish
    Some support ribs in the bottom would help with flex, a sheet the bottom will flex without bracing.
    basically ask the bender to make a bottom sheet of V shapes and rivet it to the bottom of the original case in a few places to keep the bottom sturdy
    (botton of phase box)

The V's don't have to be very deep or even V shaped to add a lot of rigidity.
    semicircles or U shapes work equally well when properly mated to the bottom.
    You can also have pipes in half and weld them to the bottom if you don't want to use a reinforcement type plate.
    Is there any chance you could do a little drawing im having alit bit of troble following. Sounds like a very good idea and im sure others could use that idea as well
    a 1/2 in thick slab of Medium Density or High Density Fiber Board in the bottom should do the trick too
    Would add a ton of weight though if you weren't planning on shipping them freight.
    this one has to travel 3000-4000Kms so weight is a big factor for postage.
    Specially if something eva goes wrong on the way and it has to be send back for repair. they dont give insurance when posting stuff, just have to take the risk. (unless pay lots of $$)

Quote Originally Posted by aussie_guy00000
    Hey Kayl dude, case turned out pretty good I see, must've been a good autocad drawing . Geez, you're going all out now with a R507 compressor, the whole unit is looking sweet
    thanxs aussie_guy00000 , i think ill be emailing ya again this week with some more measurements and changes ready for the next cases. I think i am going to have threaded studds added, save me tapping hundreds of holes.
    With the r507 compressor I though I would treat eva2000 for waiting so long, he deserves it hey.
    Will bring alot of attention to i4memory.com for sure. cant wait.

i would say that what you pay and what we pay here is aus would be that much difference. Its cheaper than the NL11F LBP R134a i think you may have been interested in the past. Im not sure how loud it is, ill let ya know once i got it running ok.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by kayl
    this one is 3mm think, not sure what thickness is best for a case to keep vibrations down, this is my first one.

Its 50cm long and 25cm heigh and wide (20”x 10”x10”)

Is there any chance you could do a little drawing im having alit bit of troble following. Sounds like a very good idea and im sure others could use that idea as well

this one has to travel 3000-4000Kms so weight is a big factor for postage.
    Specially if something eva goes wrong on the way and it has to be send back for repair. they dont give insurance when posting stuff, just have to take the risk. (unless pay lots of $$)
    The base shouldn't break with or without support, all it will do is help with the base sagging wherever the heaviest components are mounted.

I'll do my best regarding the reinforcement plate drawing

-100C Club Member
    The base shouldn't break with or without support, all it will do is help with the base sagging wherever the heaviest components are mounted.

I'll do my best regarding the reinforcement plate drawing

thanxs Levish

Well i tapped all the holes, wire the compressor and got a start to bending the copper tubing.

Name:	DSC06782.JPG 
Views:	5667 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	44237   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06785.JPG 
Views:	5576 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	44238   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06786.JPG 
Views:	5527 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	44239   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06784.JPG 
Views:	5499 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	44240   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06789.JPG 
Views:	5843 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	44241  

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast