Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G.Skill USA would like to know about your RMA or Support exerpience

G.Skill USA Tech

G.Skill USA would like to know about your RMA or Support exerpience

To help G.Skill USA to serve you better, we would love to know about your experience with RMA or Support!

Please post your experience under this thread, either bad or good. thank you

G.Skill USA Rep
    Feel free to contact ustech@gskillusa.com or use our G.Skill Q&A Sub-Forum, if having any questions about G.Skill products

Check out our items on NewEgg

Xtreme Cruncher
    I had an issue with my beloved LE's. They ran like a champ in my Ultra-D, but when I upgraded to my Expert board I couldn't even install Windows XP without a blue screen. G.Skill took them in under RMA and replaced them with new sticks even though their testing indicated no problems. Fast turnaround on the testing and prompt replies to my emails. Awesome service!
    Bloodrage || 920 @ 3.2Ghz || TRUE Black
    3x 2GB HyperX 2000 || @ 2000Mhz 7.7.7
    2x 300GB WD VR Raid 0 || 2x 2TB Samsung F3 Raid 0
    LG 10x BD-R || LG 22x DVD/RW
    MSI GE 470 || LG 246WP
    Sonar X-Fi || Klipsch 5.1
    Lycosa || Mamba || Exact Mat
    CM ATCS 840 || Seasonic M12D
    Server 2008 R2 x64

Xtreme Member
    Thinking I have a bad pair of FFs. RMA'd them on wednesday, I'll update the post with the outcome...

On a side note, the GSkill USA Rep is on my msn buddy list and pretty responsive to my questions/comments with my sticks. So far so good.

I had some Hz's that I could not get stable on two different boards, one a DFI and the other a MSI. I Spoke with the GS Tech after about a week of testing. He had me try some settings and then said I needed to RMA the ram. I informed him that I paid for overnight shipping on this item. He stated that as long as I include a reciept showing the overnight shipping that he could ship them back overnight. So I shipped out my ram and spoke with the tech after they were delivered to G Skill. He stated that the ram was fine and had no issues. He stated due to the ram testing ok that they could not ship it back overnight as promised by the tech before the ram was even sent back to G Skill. The G Skill tech is the person that informed me that I had to do an RMA, he informed me they would ship them back overnight. However once they received the ram they did not go through with what they promised. This is very poor service if you ask me. I mean if you cannot ship them back overnight then do not inform me that you can. The tech informed me he ran them for a "couple" of hours using memtest and they were fine. First of all 2 hours of memtest is not going to cut it, I mean come on now. Second, did the tech even prime? The answer is NO. Even if the memory is memtest stable that does not mean that it is prime stable, period. I received the ram back and still cannot get the ram prime stable at 250, the rams rated speed. I contacted the tech again and let him know about this issue. He did not even attempt to help me, he only suggested another RMA. Like I want to wait for another RMA for some more BS from them. I know it is not any of the boards, on the DFI I have had some Crucial ram at 285, and at 270 on the MSI board. How can G Skill recommend their ram for DFI boards if the techs cannot even help you properly when needed? You say DFI Expert to one of the techs and they stop right there. Seems like some pretty poor service if you ask me.

G.Skill USA Tech
    Quote Originally Posted by Evancold
    I had some Hz's that I could not get stable on two different boards, one a DFI and the other a MSI. I Spoke with the GS Tech after about a week of testing. He had me try some settings and then said I needed to RMA the ram. I informed him that I paid for overnight shipping on this item. He stated that as long as I include a reciept showing the overnight shipping that he could ship them back overnight. So I shipped out my ram and spoke with the tech after they were delivered to G Skill. He stated that the ram was fine and had no issues. He stated due to the ram testing ok that they could not ship it back overnight as promised by the tech before the ram was even sent back to G Skill. The G Skill tech is the person that informed me that I had to do an RMA, he informed me they would ship them back overnight. However once they received the ram they did not go through with what they promised. This is very poor service if you ask me. I mean if you cannot ship them back overnight then do not inform me that you can. The tech informed me he ran them for a "couple" of hours using memtest and they were fine. First of all 2 hours of memtest is not going to cut it, I mean come on now. Second, did the tech even prime? The answer is NO. Even if the memory is memtest stable that does not mean that it is prime stable, period. I received the ram back and still cannot get the ram prime stable at 250, the rams rated speed. I contacted the tech again and let him know about this issue. He did not even attempt to help me, he only suggested another RMA. Like I want to wait for another RMA for some more BS from them. I know it is not any of the boards, on the DFI I have had some Crucial ram at 285, and at 270 on the MSI board. How can G Skill recommend their ram for DFI boards if the techs cannot even help you properly when needed? You say DFI Expert to one of the techs and they stop right there. Seems like some pretty poor service if you ask me.
    i am sorry but i remember i gave you 2nd day air am delivery. since all express mail need to approve by manager, and in your case it didn't fail the ram test. i did tell shipping gave you better 2nd day air am. other than this, i did remember our RMA Dept replace a new set of 2GBHZ.
    if you get a same kit let me know. i will ask the RMA Dept about your case.
    if you still remember your RMA# or just provide me your name that will helps me to do it easy. thank you
    Feel free to contact ustech@gskillusa.com or use our G.Skill Q&A Sub-Forum, if having any questions about G.Skill products

i just recently sent in a LE kit. I did not have my invoice or remember when i had purchased my sticks. i wrote the RMA department thinking that they would tell me i am basically screwed instead they agreed to accept my ram and test/replace it. Its been a week or so and my ram will be arriving this week. So far Gskill has been the best company i have had to RMA threw.

AMD 64 3700+ @ 280x10=2.8Ghz @1.525v DFI SLI-DR
    1 GB G-Skill LA @ 2.5-4-4-8 3@ 2.8v
    ATI x1800XT PE (owning 7800gt's SLIed)
    Moded G5 case

XS_THE_MACHINE
    MIne http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...67&postcount=1
    G.S Technician
    G.Skill USA Tech

Xtreme Member
    .....Here is my G.Skill RMA Experience.....

Couldn't get system 100% stable with games. Posted a thread trying to get some guaranteed settings that should be stable, never worked. Tried playing with ram settings for about 2 weeks.

Got the RMA info and sent the RMA request and got the necessary instructions. Sent the ram via UPS 2ND DAY AIR on Wednesday Feb 15th. Spoke with the GSKILL US TECH on Friday night. He said he personally tested the ram and failed within 5 MINUTES. Also said that a new unopened ram is on the way.

I got an email confirimation from ups that it was shipped UPS GROUND, delivery date of Thursday Feb 23rd. I was a upset about that seeing I paid the extra $ for 2day because I wanted a replacement quicker. I figured they would send it the same way I did, especially since the ram was bad and only took 5 minutes to fail. So I have to wait till Thursday for new pair.

UPDATE:

Got BRAND new pair of FF's as scheduled. Started to test max cpu and ram like on the dfi-street forum. Actually got a better OC for cpu, maxed at 2560mhz (used to be 2475mhz) Primed 256x10 overnight just fine. Started to find max of ram but figured I would be around 280-285 for max cpu mhz. Wasnt going to try 320x8.

So I am in process of getting good timings for 285x9 stable for 8hrs of prime. So far new ram hasn't failed me. Tried optimal defaults and games work, tried personal timings and games didnt fail.

Besides the 8day wait for rma and weeks of fustration, gskill rma has been good.
    Last edited by Modulok; 02-27-2006 at 10:01 AM.

Xtreme Member

RMA Time

8 Days of RMA, that unfortunately isn't customer service. Especially on a new build and only having one system with DDR2 now available to me.

I was considering G.SKILL for the first time but after reading a couple people's concerns with turn around time I am not so sure now. If I have bad RMA it needs to be overnighted CROSS-SHIPPED as I don't just play games I also use it for work and yes I have wife's PC I could use but why should my main PC be down for no reason if I have bad ram?

Not really acceptable as I know other competitors would cross ship with CC info and overnight
    PC1 EVGA Nvidia 790i Ultra | E8400 Retail @ 4.05GHz 1.35v | 8GB Mushkin Ascent @ DDR3-1680 | 2xBFG GTX 280 SLI @ stock | 30" Dell 3008WFP @ 2560x1600 XHD | XFI Fatality | 3x256GB Corsair(Samsung) SSD Raid0 & 1TB Samsung Backup | LG DVD / CDRW | NEC DVD DL 16x | CoolerMaster Stacker 830 8x120mm high 110 CFM per fan| 1000w Corsair SLI certified | Scythe Infinity (dremel mod to avoid caps on board)

PC2 (Wife) ASUS P5WDH Bios 1101 | E6400 Retail @ 3.2 | 4GB Corsair 6400C4 | 1xBFG GTX 260 @ stock | 24" Dell 2405FPW @ 1920x1200 XHD | XFI Xtrememusic | 2x150G Raptor Raid0 & 1TB WD Backup | Pioneer DVD | CoolerMaster Stacker 830 | 850w PCP&C | Stock HSF

OCTeamDenmark Founder Nosfer@tu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pentium777
    8 Days of RMA, that unfortunately isn't customer service. Especially on a new build and only having one system with DDR2 now available to me.

I was considering G.SKILL for the first time but after reading a couple people's concerns with turn around time I am not so sure now. If I have bad RMA it needs to be overnighted CROSS-SHIPPED as I don't just play games I also use it for work and yes I have wife's PC I could use but why should my main PC be down for no reason if I have bad ram?

Not really acceptable as I know other competitors would cross ship with CC info and overnight
    8 days is nothing.

Here in denmark you have to ship directly to the company you bougth it from. And then They decide.

So you could be without ram for a longe time, same with other hardware.
    Former owner of OCTeamDenmark.com
    MSI MOTHERBOARD!!!!!!

Linkedin

Xtreme Member
    Very fast RMA, received word that the RAM was not faulty, I said that's fine, good to know that there's something else causing a problem with it. GST was very helpful and also answered another question of mine about another pair of G.Skills. Received tracking number this morning. Thank you G.Skill!
    10/10
    -Satan

Xtreme Member

How do I get a module replaced in USA?

I bought DDR500 (PC-4000) HZ 2GB kit in April from Newegg. One module is now defective, which I isolated with memtest.

I would like to get the defective module replaced.

So far:
    1.) Newegg wants me to send the entire kit back in the original plastic package which I didn't keep.
    2.) Newegg also offered a phone number of (614) 806-0706 which does not appear to be valid. They had no USA address for GSkill.
    3.) The link to your RMA form does not work.
    4.) I have sent emails to various names and entities at GSkill.

Andrew

G.Skill USA Tech
    Quote Originally Posted by aamsel
    I bought DDR500 (PC-4000) HZ 2GB kit in April from Newegg. One module is now defective, which I isolated with memtest.

I would like to get the defective module replaced.

So far:
    1.) Newegg wants me to send the entire kit back in the original plastic package which I didn't keep.
    2.) Newegg also offered a phone number of (614) 806-0706 which does not appear to be valid. They had no USA address for GSkill.
    3.) The link to your RMA form does not work.
    4.) I have sent emails to various names and entities at GSkill.

Andrew
    yeah i had just replied your email
    i had talk to newegg since last year about Aug/05 that we change the phone#. their computer updated but somehow their customer service doesn't have. contact few time but still no change. our telephone number is 9095986860

Xtreme Recruit
    DFI lanparty nf4 Expert
    AMD 4000 Sandy 28.62 12x 236
    2 gig G-skill 1F4000USU2
    Ultra 600w Xfinity PSU
    Evga 7900 GTO
    WD 160gb Sata
    Audigy 2 ZS

Xtreme Mentor
    My RMA was very good.

The only semi-complaint is the webpage with the word document. We Linux/FreeBSD folks don't like *.doc files. If you could change to PDF (or, of course, a web form) that would be better.

The HZ sticks I got from RMA did less speed when I first tested them than the ones that broke. It later turned out that a different CPU liked the new ones better and the new sticks did indeed go higher than the original ones. The same CPU that liked the HZ better did much less on my TCCD. So I learned a valuable lesson on the way. Next time I'll send you my CPU for testing

G.Skill USA Tech
    i wll have a PDF file reday at the end of this year. too busy and i keep forgeting to change it

Xtreme Member
    I'm not too happy with it. I just want it to specs 1:1, not incorrect tRD info.

Egyptian OverClocker
    Quote Originally Posted by lapdog
    I'm not too happy with it. I just want it to specs 1:1, not incorrect tRD info.

more info please ?
    Soon to be :
    ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, Intel SB i7-2600k, G.Skill Rj-X F3-12800CL6D-4GBXH, MSI HD6950 2GB, Corsair 750AX, Intel 80GB G2 SSD, DELL U2410

Used to be: SaFrOuT

Xtreme Member
    My 2x1024mb ZX PC2 6400 kit is not compatible with the aggressive hidden timings of my P5W DH. Gskill tech blamed this solely on the tRD. That is incorrect. I've yet to figure it out but I'm certain it has to do with many other settings and not just tRD. The ZX PC2 6400 just can not cope with a P5W DH. The Asus does something at over 365MHz FSB that the Elpida chips just can't hang with. The set is junk, the SPD is mis-programed and incompatible with the vast majority of the motherboards on the market today. I should be happy it at least POSTs and runs at stock.

Xtreme Member
    Well... it does run at stock...
    Technically that's all you paid for.

Xtreme Member
    Yes I guess so. I bought it to run 1:1, not 2:3. It's disappointing.

I'd like to sell it, but...
    FS: 2gig DDR2. Incompatible with AM2, will not POST with a i965 chipset mobo, and I found it somewhat incompatible with my i975. Make me an offer.

I would not sell it it my worst enemy. No more Gskill for me.
    Last edited by lapdog; 01-21-2007 at 09:03 AM.

RMA doesnt seems to be great for everyone

I'm just doing a RMA with gskill europe (the product was Dead on Arrival).
    First request was the 24 march.
    I've sent my RAM (2go PC6400hz) the 30 march.The 3 april, I received a mail from the gskill support, my memory was tested but, unfortunately, the model was out of stock (technician told me that the stock will be ok the 06 april).

Now, the 13 april, i'm still waiting. The tracking website (http://gskill.whitecom.nl/index.html) doesnt work with my RMA number (an error occured ...) so i decided to send a mail to the gskill support to know what's going on.

This mail was sent this tuesday, the10 april but i got no answer at all.

Sorry to say that, but i don't think that's very professionnal...

G.Skill USA Tech
    Quote Originally Posted by dave_d View Post
    I'm just doing a RMA with gskill europe (the product was Dead on Arrival).
    First request was the 24 march.
    I've sent my RAM (2go PC6400hz) the 30 march.The 3 april, I received a mail from the gskill support, my memory was tested but, unfortunately, the model was out of stock (technician told me that the stock will be ok the 06 april).

Now, the 13 april, i'm still waiting. The tracking website (http://gskill.whitecom.nl/index.html) doesnt work with my RMA number (an error occured ...) so i decided to send a mail to the gskill support to know what's going on.

This mail was sent this tuesday, the10 april but i got no answer at all.

Sorry to say that, but i don't think that's very professionnal...
    i will let our Europe RMA knows about it!

G.Skill USA Tech
    Quote Originally Posted by uOpt View Post
    My RMA was very good.

The only semi-complaint is the webpage with the word document. We Linux/FreeBSD folks don't like *.doc files. If you could change to PDF (or, of course, a web form) that would be better.

The HZ sticks I got from RMA did less speed when I first tested them than the ones that broke. It later turned out that a different CPU liked the new ones better and the new sticks did indeed go higher than the original ones. The same CPU that liked the HZ better did much less on my TCCD. So I learned a valuable lesson on the way. Next time I'll send you my CPU for testing
    i got your PDF done... sry for take that long. finally i have complete control of our new website (not yet finish yet)

http://www.gskill.us/pics/rma.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by G.S Technician View Post
    i will let our Europe RMA knows about it!
    Hi,

First, i want to thank you for your answer.

Sorry to ask that, but if i provide my RMA number, can you check the status for me , even if it's an european RMA ?

Maybe the 2x1go PC2 6400 hz are still out of stock, but ican't tell cause the RMA number that i received from your RMA departement doesn't work with the tracking status website.
    (seems like this RMA number is wrong ...).

Best regards,

David
    Last edited by dave_d; 04-16-2007 at 09:27 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast