Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: TeamGroup 2x1gb pc4000 Cronus!

Love and Peace!
    Quote Originally Posted by situman
    btw how does it run at pc 3200? What's the tightest timings you achieved?
    i guess you didn't read my first post
    i can do 2-2-2 at 200mhz, but not a whole lot more.. not yet at least

edited with a quote due to page transition
    Got a fan over those memory sticks? No? Well get to it before you kill them

Ozzi would you recomend this ram for gaming?
    an earlier post stated that get this kinda ram benching and other types for gmaing, why would that be? Latencies?
    I game at 2.5-3-2-5 on these, I dont see how 3-3-3-8 would affect FPS that much more, especially if there clocking at around 290 300ish would they..

Can someone clarify this for me, I think I got it but im not really sure..
    Join the XS WCG team and do your part to help save the world..
    ^^^Click here to start folding for the soon to be number one team in the world..^^^

Main rig: Gigabyte DS3/6300@3.2 7950 GX2/Server:Expert/165@2.9/PCI vid/Wifes:ASrock Dual SATA2/3800@2.4/X800XTAIW/Kids:165@2.7/X850XTPE

"A computer beat me in chess, but it was no match when it came to kickboxing"
    -Emo Philips

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophy
    Ozzi would you recomend this ram for gaming?
    an earlier post stated that get this kinda ram benching and other types for gmaing, why would that be? Latencies?
    I game at 2.5-3-2-5 on these, I dont see how 3-3-3-8 would affect FPS that much more, especially if there clocking at around 290 300ish would they..

Can someone clarify this for me, I think I got it but im not really sure..
    Hmmm, actually i don't see any reason, why this RAM wouldn't go for gaming. Unless there are realiabillity issues, like with '-5B D'. It's a dream 2GB kit for everything.. DDR600 @ 3-3-3-x equals around 255MHz @ 2-2-2-x (imagine having 4x512MB UTT stable at that frequency..)

Quote Originally Posted by ozzimark
    i did, but 2-3-2 clocked higher than 2.5-2-2

only other F die i have seen was in buffalo value ram, but i can't find them in retail anywhere
    Hi, just joined the forums to say that I have some 2gb buffalo value RAM which has micron chips and a BP PCB. My friend has a set too but we're both pretty noob when it comes to OCing RAM and we could only get them stable at like 237 3-3-3-8 1T. I could boot windows at 245 3-4-4-8 1T 2.93v but it was completely unstable.

The chips are rebadged though so I can't tell what they actually are. They're in my system at the moment so I did my best to look at the mem chips and write down what buffalo wrote.

BUFFALO
    ME46512043MDXP
    0551TX-403

And here's a pic of the ram itself I took last week (I'm still working out how to use this camera ).

You reckon these sticks have some hidden potential and we just aren't ocing em right? Or just different micron which don't OC all that well. Also at stock speeds I could only get 2.5-3-3-8 stable, where SPD is 200 3-3-3-8.

edit: We got them off ebay thinking they'd be standard buffalo, never buying off ebay again, what you're getting is NEVER in the picture. And both me and my friend have DFI NF4 Ultra-D, he's got opty 146 and I got 144. I'm using 704-2BTA and he's using 623-3.

I'm going to take a stick out to get a proper photo, brb.
    Last edited by mikeyyy; 02-23-2006 at 03:51 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyyy
    Hi, just joined the forums to say that I have some 2gb buffalo value RAM which has micron chips and a BP PCB. My friend has a set too but we're both pretty noob when it comes to OCing RAM and we could only get them stable at like 237 3-3-3-8 1T. I could boot windows at 245 3-4-4-8 1T 2.93v but it was completely unstable.

The chips are rebadged though so I can't tell what they actually are. They're in my system at the moment so I did my best to look at the mem chips and write down what buffalo wrote.

BUFFALO
    ME46512043MDXP
    0551TX-403

And here's a pic of the ram itself I took last week (I'm still working out how to use this camera ).

You reckon these sticks have some hidden potential and we just aren't ocing em right? Or just different micron which don't OC all that well. Also at stock speeds I could only get 2.5-3-3-8 stable, where SPD is 200 3-3-3-8.
    Try 2-2-2-5 @ 200.. Ozzi's kit can handle that.. This could give some hint, if they are equipped with the same ICs or not..

Last time I tried that, it either beeped or wouldn't boot. I guess I can give it a go now, but here's a couple more photos which might help decipher if they're the same or not?

edit: Last time I tested I concluded it won't do anything tighter than 2.5-3-3-8 at stock. Just then it beeped at 2-x-x-x and x-2-x-x, it definitely won't do 2-2-2-5. This was with optimised defaults for 704-2BTA. Changing drive strengths didn't help, there's no way this ram can do 2-2-2-5, it can't do ANY of those timings actually.

So doubt its the same stuff?
    Last edited by mikeyyy; 02-23-2006 at 04:35 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Last time I tried that, it either beeped or wouldn't boot. I guess I can give it a go now, but here's a couple more photos which might help decipher if they're the same or not?

edit: Last time I tested I concluded it won't do anything tighter than 2.5-3-3-8 at stock. Just then it beeped at 2-x-x-x and x-2-x-x, it definitely won't do 2-2-2-5. This was with optimised defaults for 704-2BTA. Changing drive strengths didn't help, there's no way this ram can do 2-2-2-5, it can't do ANY of those timings actually.

So doubt its the same stuff?
    And that's a big doubt.. Looks like the IC is surely different.

Yeah , when he said micron -5B F and buffalo value in the same sentence, I was thinking... I've got buffalo value, and they've got micron chips, put two and two together.

Is there any way to find out what the chips are on mine? Googled the serial codes and didn't come up with much. Seems pretty poor for micron+bp hehe.

edit: and while I walk away in shame , can I get a quick recommendation on what voltage to go up to? After seeing all those ballistix dieing, I'm a bit weary...
    Last edited by mikeyyy; 02-23-2006 at 05:07 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Hrmm. i was gonna jump on some g.skill HZ's but if these are going to be available again in a couple weeks i'll wait. Been very happy with my -5bc 3700EB and these -5bf chips look quite nice.

I5 2500k@4.7ghz--Asus P8Z68-VGen3--4x4gb Gskill Ripsaw 1600 --EVGA GTX570--Crucial m4 128gb SSD--Corsair TX950w--Corsair H100--Corsair 800D

Scores are all 4+years old. updates soon.

All scores are outdated
    24/7 3dmark06 6841
    24/7 3dmark05 13357
    24/7 3dmark03 22979
    Very Mild 3dmark01se 55225
    24/7 Aquamark 3 136020

Love and Peace!
    Yeah , when he said micron -5B F and buffalo value in the same sentence, I was thinking... I've got buffalo value, and they've got micron chips, put two and two together.
    they most certainly are micron, but i'm gonna bet it's 5b D, not F
    have you tried 2.5-3-2?

I believe I did last time and it either beeped or wouldn't boot, I'll give it a go tomorrow, too tired right now. If it's -5B D, do they usually clock this crap or is it just my poor memory clocking skills.

edit: yellow or orange? I've been using yellow basically the whole time. I prefer yellow because orange is right next to the heatpipe on my BT.
    Last edited by mikeyyy; 02-23-2006 at 06:22 AM.

Love and Peace!
    eh, i'd blame it on micron having a wide range of yields... some chips are awesome, like the set of crucial value i had way back that did 263mhz, or really crappy, like a few guys i know who couldn't get much over 220mhz

mm both our buffalo kits perform pretty much exactly the same. Also at 3-3-3 it doesn't scale with volts, but it does with 3-4-4, wierd. With 3-3-3 the more mhz you take it, the more volts it needs. For example, let's pretend it's stable at 245 3-3-3-8 with 2.80v. If you drop it to say 230 3-3-3-8 with 2.80v it's no longer stable, and needs 2.60v instead.

At 3-4-4 it behaves like bh5 where it likes the volts, but I'm not sure how much it can handle so the max I usually go is 2.9 + 0.03.

Got any quick tips relating to secondary timings, like how does having 0 cycle idle limit help?

edit: Did some more tests, it's doing 2.5-3-2-5 right now , must've had the sticks the other way around (current config is better) when it'd only do 2.5-3-3-7. It boots with 2.5-2-2-5 but POST occasionally freezes and memtest gets infinite errors in #5. Beeps with cas of 2, just doesn't like that. Still, 2.5-3-2-5 isn't bad, almost like infineon timings if I bump that cas to 3 for 3-3-2-5 hehe.
    Last edited by mikeyyy; 02-23-2006 at 07:34 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by situman
    To quote from tankguys "Important Note: This memory was a limited edition run from Team, and the Micron chips used to make it are no longer being manufactured. We are trying to secure as many of these as possible, but there is no firm ETA or quantity right now. "
    Well, we put that up because here is what I my contact at Team wrote told me the other day (Direct quote):

...The micron based cronus is a limited edition memory and I dont think we are able to make too many of it , plus the CHIP is already END OF LIFE. Therefore please either take off that item or encourage buyer to buy another model
    So, take that as you will. We put the warning up just to "cover all the bases."

Now, that doesn't mean they aren't shipping ANY, it just means there won't be much... maybe.

It's really confusing, because as somone else mentioned, there may well be more down the road, we just don't know. Unfortunately, I can only go by what my rep at Team tells me, and that's thier line right now. I'd take it to mean there will be limited quantities, and that future availability is questionable.

Xtreme Member
    Hello

I have some 2x1gig Kingmax memory exactly same chips but week 52.

Now i can run my opty 146 @ 275 and mem @ 1-1 8-3-3-3 / 2T 2.8v

But thing is i cant even run stock mem speeds at 1T and cant run anything but cas 3
    Conroe Q6600
    Asus P5W DH Deluxe
    Asus 8800GTS 512mb
    4x1 gig SuperTalent 6400
    All Air Cooling
    ------------------------------

Love and Peace!
    nice stestan. i'm gonna bet the 1T problems are coming from that mobo of yours though

Xtreme Member
    nice stestan. i'm gonna bet the 1T problems are coming from that mobo of yours though
    I Will try in my other mobo when i get home from work 11pm
    Conroe Q6600
    Asus P5W DH Deluxe
    Asus 8800GTS 512mb
    4x1 gig SuperTalent 6400
    All Air Cooling
    ------------------------------

Love and Peace!
    awesome, good luck
    i should be getting my new board tomorrow. gotta run a few quick tests on it before i throw the cronus in, but hopefully we'll see good things by saturday

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I have just got to subscribe to this thread. I view everyday in hopes of owning a pair one day.

Banned
    awesome, good luck
    i should be getting my new board tomorrow. gotta run a few quick tests on it before i throw the cronus in, but hopefully we'll see good things by saturday

Nice job Mark!! you can also post on the TeamGroup support forum here.

Love and Peace!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onepagebook
    Nice job Mark!! you can also post on the TeamGroup support forum here.
    sweet!

now i gotta figure out where to post the update to this thread once i get this board pushed to the limit..

Love and Peace!
    getting there. just gotta get it 32m stable now

Banned
    I hate to see this
    Why did I send the wrong pair

Phenom™
    getting there. just gotta get it 32m stable now

So was it the board all along?
    Or was it my help that got you there ?

Love and Peace!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onepagebook
    I hate to see this
    Why did I send the wrong pair
    they're fun

Quote Originally Posted by s7e9h3n

So was it the board all along?
    Or was it my help that got you there ?
    i'd say a combination of both. this board might take a while to get used to, but i'd say it's definitly making a difference so far. gotta switch bioses though, that was with the stock bios on the board, 6-23 i think

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast