Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: TeamGroup 2x1gb pc4000 Cronus!

Quote Originally Posted by Onepagebook
    nah not really, all the IC will be sold all over the world at this moment.
    I called them yesterday.

They told me that they will sell those products in march.

Xtreme Member
    O.o

I want me some Cronus action.

Any rough price?

___I am Xtreme... are you?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rick_fx
    I was going to place an order for 3 2gb kits but I cant because the "secure code" registration service isn't available at my bank's website
    You can still order. We aren't quite as strict with Canadian orders. That policy is mainly in effect for European orders.

It's a fraud problem - we get burned so often that we've got to be insanely careful. Just as an example, there was a 5 month running period where we lost more to fraud than we made in profits

Anyway, Canada is fine, go ahead and order. You're still close enough that if you try and scam me, you're only a road trip away

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by TankGuys
    You can still order. We aren't quite as strict with Canadian orders. That policy is mainly in effect for European orders.

It's a fraud problem - we get burned so often that we've got to be insanely careful. Just as an example, there was a 5 month running period where we lost more to fraud than we made in profits

Anyway, Canada is fine, go ahead and order. You're still close enough that if you try and scam me, you're only a road trip away
    I'm the last person in the world that'll scam you

Here's how I see things: "Don't do to others what you dont want them to do to you"

Anyhow, I cant order. When I click "confirm order", it returns me to payment information screen and red text appears as follows:

(All international orders must be paid for using a Visa or MasterCard enrolled in the "Verified by Visa" or "MasterCard Secure Code" program)
    Last edited by rick_fx; 02-21-2006 at 09:57 AM.
    Wolfdale e8400es @4.5Ghz / Ultra-120 Extreme
    2GB Ballistix @ 589Mhz 4-4-4-x @ 2.5V - SPI 32M
    *** Motherboards tested: DFI Blood Iron (current), Asus P5K3-dlx, DFI P965-S, P5B-Dlx, DFI RD600, Bad Axe 2, EVGA 680i, DS3 and P5W DH ***
    Fan modded Zippy 850W, 500GB 7200.11 and EVGA 8800GTX @678/1062

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rick_fx
    I'm the last person in the world that'll scam you

Here's how I see things: "Don't do to others what you dont want them to do to you"

Anyhow, I cant order. When I click "confirm order", it returns me to payment information screen and red text appears as follows:

(All international orders must be paid for using a Visa or MasterCard enrolled in the "Verified by Visa" or "MasterCard Secure Code" program)
    Hm.... I noticed you got further but had problems. If you need help, talk to us on live help or shoot me an e-mail, ben @ tankguys.biz

Well i just placed an order with you guys, ^^^ Tankguys
    DFI Expert hopefully its an ADO
    OCZ 600W
    2G of team extreme cronos 3-3-3-8 reviewed here
    and opty 170ish (ccbwe 0546 xpmw oem) almost 1100 spent today
    Any way me and u can communicate thru pms and let me know when this 2G is gonna ship, also I think the 600w is back ordered as well, ill wait for it all, just wanna know when its all gonna ship in segments, I had ballistix ordered but after ding some further research ive decided to try -5b F instead of the g models..
    Hopefully these will last lifetime as most warrantys suggest..
    These ce-6 are headaches to me like a mutha, maybe the expert will put em in there place.. until cronos arrives..
    Last edited by [cTx]Philosophy; 02-21-2006 at 01:02 PM.
    Join the XS WCG team and do your part to help save the world..
    ^^^Click here to start folding for the soon to be number one team in the world..^^^

Main rig: Gigabyte DS3/6300@3.2 7950 GX2/Server:Expert/165@2.9/PCI vid/Wifes:ASrock Dual SATA2/3800@2.4/X800XTAIW/Kids:165@2.7/X850XTPE

"A computer beat me in chess, but it was no match when it came to kickboxing"
    -Emo Philips

Love and Peace!
    I just wanted to apologize. After thinking about a few things, I think a lot of stuff that's happened over the last day or two isn't exactly the best. I got a little too excited about things and did a bit too much shouting
    My apologies to everyone... the testing will continue, but in this thread only. For now, I would appreciate it if discussions on where and how to buy this ram is kept out of this thread, and kept to pm's, or other means. Thank you.

that said...

philosophy, the 1gb ballistix use 5b D, the double sided 512mb sticks use 5b G
    Got a fan over those memory sticks? No? Well get to it before you kill them

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophy
    Well i just placed an order with you guys, ^^^ Tankguys
    DFI Expert hopefully its an ADO
    OCZ 600W
    2G of team extreme cronos 3-3-3-8 reviewed here
    and opty 170ish (ccbwe 0546 xpmw oem) almost 1100 spent today
    Any way me and u can communicate thru pms and let me know when this 2G is gonna ship, also I think the 600w is back ordered as well, ill wait for it all, just wanna know when its all gonna ship in segments, I had ballistix ordered but after ding some further research ive decided to try -5b F instead of the g models..
    Hopefully these will last lifetime as most warrantys suggest..
    These ce-6 are headaches to me like a mutha, maybe the expert will put em in there place.. until cronos arrives..
    Hey, I've tried calling and e-mailing you, we gotta talk about your order (out of a couple things) so fire me an e-mail with your phone number (the one you gave was a digit short ) and we can get the ball rolling on this for you!

Xtreme Mentor
    So I read that these rams is a limited edition run since Micron has stopped producing these chips? If we need to RMA, where would TeamGroup get the sticks for replacement.
    Asus Rampage Formula X48
    Intel Q9650 @ 4.33GHZ
    OCZ Platinum DDR2-800
    Palit 4870x2
    Creative Xi-Fi Extreme Music
    Corsair HX1000
    LL 343B Case
    Thermochill 120.3
    2xMCP355
    KL 350AT
    KL 4870X2 FC WB
    DD Chipset Block

Love and Peace!
    Quote Originally Posted by situman
    So I read that these rams is a limited edition run since Micron has stopped producing these chips?
    where'd you read that? micron actually just started making F dies not terribly long ago..

Phenom™
    Quote Originally Posted by situman
    So I read that these rams is a limited edition run since Micron has stopped producing these chips? If we need to RMA, where would TeamGroup get the sticks for replacement.
    They aren't limited editions and TeamGroup does have replacements The only reason they may be referred to as "limited editions" is due to the fact that they're hanpicked IC's.....

XS_THE_MACHINE
    Quote Originally Posted by s7e9h3n
    They aren't limited editions and TeamGroup does have replacements The only reason they may be referred to as "limited editions" is due to the fact that they're hanpicked IC's.....
    They are handpicked? All of the sticks or just the ones shown here? If they're all handpicked will team continue to do that..
    Rig #1 | Opteron 165 (2898 @ 1.35v) | DFI nF4 Ultra-D | GSkill ZX 2x1GB | HIS X1900XT 512MB | Seasonic S12 550w in Antec P160

http://www.last.fm/user/repoman0/

Xtreme Mentor
    To quote from tankguys "Important Note: This memory was a limited edition run from Team, and the Micron chips used to make it are no longer being manufactured. We are trying to secure as many of these as possible, but there is no firm ETA or quantity right now. "
    Asus Rampage Formula X48
    Intel Q9650 @ 4.33GHZ
    OCZ Platinum DDR2-800
    Palit 4870x2
    Corsair HX1000
    LL 343B Case
    Thermochill 120.3
    2xMCP355
    KL 350AT
    KL 4870X2 FC WB
    DD Chipset Block

XS_THE_MACHINE
    So Micron doesn't make -5B F anymore? Maybe I should buy 4 gigs of the stuff, just so I have it around when I want to upgrade

Tankguys, care to elaborate?
    Rig #1 | Opteron 165 (2898 @ 1.35v) | DFI nF4 Ultra-D | GSkill ZX 2x1GB | HIS X1900XT 512MB | Seasonic S12 550w in Antec P160

Love and Peace!
    Quote Originally Posted by Repoman
    They are handpicked? All of the sticks or just the ones shown here? If they're all handpicked will team continue to do that..
    remember that 5b F means that the stock speed of the chip is 200mhz. handpicked means the chips were binned to 250mhz.. the ones that made it got put into these sticks

XS_THE_MACHINE
    Hmm, didn't know that about 5B F

Maybe I will cancel the order, I'd really like to be able to make this setup last by getting 4GB of RAM sometime later

Love and Peace!
    umm, well it's 5b F.. the 5b is simply 200mhz at 3-3-3-8 out of micron's fab, just like the 5b D that the 1gb ballistix uses, 5b G that the 512mb and 256mb ballistix uses, and the 5b C that the old ocz EB used

Tyler Durden
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzimark
    umm, well it's 5b F.. the 5b is simply 200mhz at 3-3-3-8 out of micron's fab, just like the 5b D that the 1gb ballistix uses, 5b G that the 512mb and 256mb ballistix uses, and the 5b C that the old ocz EB used
    That looks identical to what I posted earlier today in Karakato's thread. Anyway, your right.
    Formerly XIP, now just P.

XS_THE_MACHINE
    I know, I don't really care what's in the modules as long as they clock well. I'd just like to be able to buy another set sometime down the road

Phenom™
    remember that 5b F means that the stock speed of the chip is 200mhz. handpicked means the chips were binned to 250mhz.. the ones that made it got put into these sticks
    Yup Only the top 10% or so of sticks make the PC4000 rating.....

Love and Peace!
    Quote Originally Posted by EnJoY
    That looks identical to what I posted earlier today in Karakato's thread. Anyway, your right.
    hehe, now that i look at your post carefully, it does indeed look remarkably similar
    but at any rate, if F is going away soon.. micron's not gonna just stop making IC's, so logically we'll have H next

and steve.. where do the rest of the chips go?

Phenom™
    and steve.. where do the rest of the chips go?
    I'd imagine into lower binned RAM or sold off to OEMs....

Love and Peace!
    considering that i haven't seen any sign of lower end stuff with micron in it, i'm gonna guess the latter. never really thought of it that way, so thanks

Xtreme Mentor
    PC3200 3-3-3-8 ram that Mushkin and some other ram manufacturers are selling. 2gig sets of course.
    Asus Rampage Formula X48
    Intel Q9650 @ 4.33GHZ
    OCZ Platinum DDR2-800
    Palit 4870x2
    Corsair HX1000
    LL 343B Case
    Thermochill 120.3
    2xMCP355
    KL 350AT
    KL 4870X2 FC WB
    DD Chipset Block

Xtreme Mentor
    btw how does it run at pc 3200? What's the tightest timings you achieved?
    Asus Rampage Formula X48
    Intel Q9650 @ 4.33GHZ
    OCZ Platinum DDR2-800
    Palit 4870x2
    Corsair HX1000
    LL 343B Case
    Thermochill 120.3
    2xMCP355
    KL 350AT
    KL 4870X2 FC WB
    DD Chipset Block