Thread: 3DMark Weird with 9700 PRO !!!!

3DMark Weird with 9700 PRO !!!!

To day , i've just bought a some component ...

1 AMD Thouroubred 2400 with Epox 8rda+ , R9700 Pro + xms Corsair 3200 cas 2.0 + Antec true Power 480 W
    Nforce Xp driver install , Catalyst 3.0 install
    I ran 3dmarkSe with easy tweak , ran game test only !!!

AND THE RESULT IS 10.409 POINTS !!!!

AND I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE H*LL IS THIS ???

TOO LOW !!!

AM I MISS SOMETHING !!!

But now , finally , i just want to know , how to optimize my system to get best performance , people , who has the same system with me , plz , help , i dont , think , i spent 600 bucks for nothing ... , for 10k 3dmark onyl ...

And could someone show me your BIOS setting ? You what i suppose to do with my system now , .... , are there any link useful for my trouble ?

Thanks

Xtreme Member
    are you sure you dont have AA or AF on? i think it is enabled by default
    | Intel i7 3770K | Custom H2O | Gigabyte z77x-ud5h | 16GB Samsung | GTX680 | 240g Mushkin Deluxe |

-METALLICA-

Xtreme Addict
    "Victims of what said should be, a servant till i fall" - Disposable Hero,

i think you're right about AA/AF settings. the slider is set between performance/Quality in Display Properties.
    2600k @ 5.0Ghz 1.54V, Giga Z68, Zotac GTX680 AMP!, Patriot 1066Mhz 8GB RAM, Custom water, Silverstone 1000W, HAF932

Oh , yeah , in the first step when i received my main and chip + vid card . I had formated my Hdd , install Windown XP only , now service pack .

Install Catalyst 3.0 , and nvidia nforce driver in the driver disk of Epox 8Rda+ main board , then i installed 3dmark Se , then Bench !!!

And in the Catalyst options , all slider has been moved to Performance , of course No AA or AF , bench with 1024*768*32 bit , direct 8.1 , and CPU and R9700 pro is bench at stock speed , then the result make me dissapointed MUCH ....

Am i wrong something , ah , and some thing is very strange , in my BIOS , some time i changed multiplier , it was ok , but some time it didnt work , and the system reset to defaul , i think , and my chip was 1.800+ ??? , when this happen , i must go to bios and change multiplier 13x to 15x to make my CPU to 2.4+ stock speed , seem to be the frequency jumper on my mobo doesnt work , the manual of mobo said that it defaut is 133... but i why does my CPU go to 1.8+ ???

After all , plz help me to increase my 3dmark , its TOO LOW , and i dont know why , cause i'm noob :-( , and can some one tell me how to set optimal my Bios setting ?

Thanks alots !!!

Doesn't Catalyst 3.0 need DirectX 9.0 and not 8.1? I would say try the Catalyst 2.5.
    ---
    Jester30

Any tweak help me or can you show me some setting in my BIOS to optimal it ?

Xtreme Addict
    Look at the pictures in this anandtech roundup

http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.html?i=1759&p=19

..... it shows bios screens.... you will have to adjust multi and fsb....... timings are shown also. It shows 4-2-2-2 timings in the pics.... I would start at 5 or 6-2-2-2 and go from there..........
    I personally would disable throttling also.... but thats your call.
    Make sure Truform and smoothvision are always off in video card display properties.
    Start there and I think you will get some improvement.

Good Luck
    Last edited by muzz; 01-29-2003 at 08:04 PM.
    Zen2 Has brought AMD back!

Thanks muzz , i reading that thread now ....

Hope to improve my performance ... ,

Wish my luck ...

PS; Again , my xms 3200 can only go on 186 bus@stock voltage , and when increase higher , the system wont boot , and some time , my windows corrupt , i must reinstall it , how to get higer fsb without that ยงยงยงยง ?

Xtreme Addict
    I would run vdimm@2.77v minimum....... the warranty for that ram is 2.8v , alot of folks feed it over 3.2 v .. up to you its your warranty.......... I feed mine 2.9 all the time( as in basically every minute it's turned on except for a little while where I was testing over 3v), and have run mine over 3.1 with no issues.

Thats some Voltage hungry ram.
    Overclocking and mods are done at your own risk!!

You do know you will have to drop the multi( cpu clock) to raise fsb up really high don't you? After you've found your stable high point fsb wise, then try bringing the multi back up a bit to get max speed.

Good Luck
    Zen2 Has brought AMD back!

Hmm , i didnt try to increase my vmem to 3.2 to check that does my ram need vcore too much but in with 2.9vcore , my ram make me dissapoint , xms3200 , cas2 , darn , if vcore dont get out the trouble , i mean my ram cannot go on higher fsb , what can i do now , need some mod or something /
    Of course i know i must reduce my multiplier and raise fsb but raise to 186*12.5 is my best , i was confusing now