Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: 4 Ghz!!!..........

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by s7e9h3n
    Thanks for the suggestion. Looks like an interesting prog. Got a link? And just curious how much does it raise cpu temps?
    http://cpu.rightmark.org/products/rmclock.shtml
    On mine SS goes up 10c when its idle only,load temps dont change and i can increase HTT up to 371MHz on the 144 with out it i cant go over 340MHz or i must load the cpu with something not to freeze.........

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=67214

Phenom™
    Quote Originally Posted by ThorLite
    http://cpu.rightmark.org/products/rmclock.shtml
    On mine SS goes up 10c when its idle only,load temps dont change and i can increase HTT up to 371MHz on the 144 with out it i cant go over 340MHz or i must load the cpu with something not to freeze.........

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=67214
    SOunds awesome if it's capable of what you claim. Thanks again
    Oh yeah - and load temps shouldn't ever change regardless of how many progs are running. Only thing that would affect load temps is Vcore

Xtreme Member
    Oh yeah - and load temps shouldn't ever change regardless of how many progs are running. Only thing that would affect load temps is Vcore
    Direct download link of the proggy:

http://cpu.rightmark.org/download/rmclock_20_bin.rar

I hope to make good use of it so you can get even better scores from your wonderfull opteron....

Really amazing!!!

But i'm not sure if i understood it in the right way, but you (stephen) said that if you run a spi @3ghz 1.4v and then @3ghx 1.5v the second will be better?
    thank you and

Zac

Xtreme Member
    Nice prog.
    Steve, already tried it?
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    GSkill F2-8000CL DDR2-1000 2x2GB
    Abit IP35 Pro
    XFX NVidia GeForce 6800GT @ 435/1210Mhz
    2x WD Raptor 36GB RAID 0
    Antec TruePower Quattro 1000w
    Windows Vista Ultimate x64

Phenom™
    Quote Originally Posted by Zac89
    Really amazing!!!

But i'm not sure if i understood it in the right way, but you (stephen) said that if you run a spi @3ghz 1.4v and then @3ghx 1.5v the second will be better?
    thank you and

Zac
    Sorry for the confusion...let me explain. Spi is a very sensitive bench as there are many factors which comprise a great Spi run. One such factor is Vcore on the cpu. If you have barely enough vcore to complete the run at the given speed, then you'll finish with a slower time than in a run with sufficient Vcore. Try it out - run a spi with the minimum Vcore it takes to finish the run, then give it a little bump. You'll see the difference in times. Also, it's possible to hurt your times if you run TOO much Vcore for that speed. Hope this helps....

Phenom™
    Quote Originally Posted by PoL
    Nice prog.
    Steve, already tried it?
    Lol...nope not yet...I'll try later tonight...I'm out the door to go pick up my GPU Phase Change cooler and won't be back till tonight

ok ok now it's clear I think... so the thing that matters is the stability of the cpu, right? if it gives some rare errors like when you are near the limit, spi will slow down... tnk you

Phenom™
    Quote Originally Posted by Zac89
    ok ok now it's clear I think... so the thing that matters is the stability of the cpu, right? if it gives some rare errors like when you are near the limit, spi will slow down... tnk you
    Remember - stability is king in Spi. It's not a matter of tight latencies on the memory or enough vcore to kill an elephant - it's about getting the benchmark stable at a given speed....

Thanks for that little bit on spi!

Amazing results!
    I am the Omega of the Delta ... Fan Users

Heatware

Xtreme Cruncher
    Nice results man! thats gotta be the best opteron made... to bad about the bug hopefully you can find a way around it. Haven't you said before that DICE is a bit "warmer" than ur autocascade? could give that a try, or a really good SS running R410a or something similar. She's got more left in the tank, good luck squeezing every bit of it out of her!
    Heatware | Ebay:Crazymullen | If you are unsure what Fhqwhgads means You are REQUIRED to go HERE| Powered by Centon Ram

IMHO Waste is a computer going to a landfill having done actual computations less than 90% of it's life. 90% of the computers powered on right now are idle or powered off; what a waste! [/B]

Is it a coincidence that your wifes pc is called Uranus?

Xtreme Member
    Congrats on that nice Chip ! My Venice also stables @ 2.6 with 1.5 but even if i give it 1.7 won't stable at 2.7, bench's at 2.9, screenie is about 3.1... Weird Chips...
    3DMark01 / CPU-Z Suicide Shot / Super_Pi 32Mb / DFI Max HTT (Still Testing) / F.E.A.R Bench / 3DMark05
    DFI LanParty UT nF4 Ultra-D / Venice 3000+ @ 2700Mhz / Mushkin LVL2 BH-5 / XFX 6800GS xXx

Xtreme Member
    Not sure I agree about load temps, run prime for the same length of time you run spi 32m and you should see a difference.. maybe you don't notice on your auto, but not all 100% loads are created equal... or try toast or some of the other heat generating programs. Personally my pi runs put me anywhere for 3-5C cooler than any prime or toast even at the initial load temperature spike.
    I had the fastest 32M Opteron time for about 1/2 day, and I'm damn proud of it

Phenom™
    Quote Originally Posted by Weee
    Not sure I agree about load temps, run prime for the same length of time you run spi 32m and you should see a difference.. maybe you don't notice on your auto, but not all 100% loads are created equal... or try toast or some of the other heat generating programs. Personally my pi runs put me anywhere for 3-5C cooler than any prime or toast even at the initial load temperature spike.
    I'm talking about ABSOLUTE load temps....say if you ran Toast as the only program running. If you were to run prime alongside it, your temps would top out at the same place......100% load is 100% load. There's no such thing as 95% 100% load

Phenom™
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhqwhgads6680
    Nice results man! thats gotta be the best opteron made... to bad about the bug hopefully you can find a way around it. Haven't you said before that DICE is a bit "warmer" than ur autocascade? could give that a try, or a really good SS running R410a or something similar. She's got more left in the tank, good luck squeezing every bit of it out of her!
    I have a feeling this cpu would kick the crap out of ANY single stage short of a 1hp compressor lol...just ask Dumo...his EVAP temps went positive on his 154 and a vapols

Banned
    I'm talking about ABSOLUTE load temps....say if you ran Toast as the only program running. If you were to run prime alongside it, your temps would top out at the same place......100% load is 100% load. There's no such thing as 95% 100% load
    not sure I agree with this...

all depends on what part of the CPU is really loaded. FPU load is much different that memory access load for an AMD CPU...but a non-blocking 100% load is still read the same even though some programs definately show higher temps than others...

I am Xtreme
    I have a feeling this cpu would kick the crap out of ANY single stage short of a 1hp compressor lol...just ask Dumo...his EVAP temps went positive on his 154 and a vapols
    Because it's a vapoLS AKA a piece of junk. But if his EVAP temps are going positive, theres something wrong. A well build single stage should hold AT LEAST -30c if not -40c on the evap with a 154.

Both 3dmark and SP2004 take me to 100% load but SP2004 is a few C hotter.
    Phenom II 940 BE / ASUS M4A79 / HD5770 Crossfire
    3770mhz CPU 2600mhz NB | DDR1040 5-5-5-15 | 900/1250

Phenom™
    Quote Originally Posted by freecableguy
    not sure I agree with this...

all depends on what part of the CPU is really loaded. FPU load is much different that memory access load for an AMD CPU...but a non-blocking 100% load is still read the same even though some programs definately show higher temps than others...
    100% is 100% period. If it's using part of the cpu and not another, then it's not truly 100% load

Phenom™
    Quote Originally Posted by afireinside
    Because it's a vapoLS AKA a piece of junk. But if his EVAP temps are going positive, theres something wrong. A well build single stage should hold AT LEAST -30c if not -40c on the evap with a 154.
    Try a 154 @ 1.71+ volts and then see if you can make that claim. It's simply the hottest running cpu I've ever seen and -as I said earlier- an x2 @ 1.65+ loaded doesn't even compare as I've tested both.......

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Steven,

I think AFI is right... It's clearly impossible to see positive temps on an evap provided cooler is working properly... Positive in MBM, yeah... In BIOS - maaybe...
    Before that 146, I had a chance to play with Eric's Opteron 150. It was THE hottest thing I ever, ever played with! SmallFFT would load it to 15C in MBM @ 3.2Ghz 1.62v!!! . BIOS temps at the same time were -12C!!! I re-mounted the head like 3 times because I could not believe my eyes Yet, evap stayed at -39C LOAD (during that SmallFFT "challenge"). This is when you know, that IHS is a major limiting factor. But not all Opterons are like that and I think that it's just a far generalization that Opterons are somehow hotter... Remove the IHS off of any of those "hot chips" and you'll see temps drop drastically.
    My 146 ("very warm" with IHS) without IHS is like 10C cooler than my 3700+ was (with IHS but it was a "cool/cold")...
    Last edited by bachus_anonym; 02-13-2006 at 06:56 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Yeah I think I am noticing this on my 148. I'm at 3.255 ghz at 1.71 vcore, and on my single stage the cpu (read by speedfan) idles at -25 but under full load (I.E. prime or spi) it drops to about -5....seems to be a pretty large delta between load and idle even for a single stage...Thinking its the IHS...but I've never poped the top on a cpu and if I eff it up...then im out a computer for a while....
    Heatware | Ebay:Crazymullen | If you are unsure what Fhqwhgads means You are REQUIRED to go HERE| Powered by Centon Ram

IMHO Waste is a computer going to a landfill having done actual computations less than 90% of it's life. 90% of the computers powered on right now are idle or powered off; what a waste! [/B]

Is it a coincidence that your wifes pc is called Uranus?

Phenom™
    Quote Originally Posted by bachus_anonym
    Steven,

I think AFI is right... It's clearly impossible to see positive temps on an evap provided cooler is working properly... Positive in MBM, yeah... In BIOS - maaybe...
    Before that 146, I had a chance to play with Eric's Opteron 150. It was THE hottest thing I ever, ever played with! SmallFFT would load it to 15C in MBM @ 3.2Ghz 1.62v!!! . BIOS temps at the same time were -12C!!! I re-mounted the head like 3 times because I could not believe my eyes Yet, evap stayed at -39C LOAD (during that SmallFFT "challenge"). This is when you know, that IHS is a major limiting factor. But not all Opterons are like that and I think that it's just a far generalization that Opterons are somehow hotter... Remove the IHS off of any of those "hot chips" and you'll see temps drop drastically.
    My 146 ("very warm" with IHS) without IHS is like 10C cooler than my 3700+ was (with IHS but it was a "cool/cold")...
    How were you reading bios temps @ load? I'm telling you - push 1.71V into that cpu and see how it handles on your single stage. I promise you - there's a WORLD of difference between 1.62V and 1.71-1.76V. It also matters where the probe is mounted on your evap. If it's mounted on the side of the evap, that may tell you nothing in terms of what the temps are like on the FACE of the evap. Removing the IHS off this cpu didn't help one bit as the heat is too concentrated in one area and actually overloads the evap in that spot.....you can't compare the 146 or 148's to these cpu's. I'm pretty sure I recall seeing someone here on the forums with a 150 which IDLED @ 50C on air....

silver wall jumper X
    All 0522 TMPWs are hotter than any other FX or Opty (makes no difference) that I have laid my hands on.

Phenom™
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeguava
    All 0522 TMPWs are hotter than any other FX or Opty (makes no difference) that I have laid my hands on.
    Including your FX60?

OT: Mike - give me a call if you're still awake

Xtreme X.I.P.
    How were you reading bios temps @ load?
    I mean, it's -12C in BIOS @ 3.2-3.3GHz 1.63v. With this 146 I have here it used to be -16C (BIOS, IHS On) and now -22C (BIOS, IHS Off, 1.72v, 3.6GHz). My SD 3700+ sat @ -19C (BIOS, IHS ON, 1.80v, 3.4GHz).
    I'm telling you - push 1.71V into that cpu and see how it handles on your single stage.
    I will be glad to test that for ya the moment I find that 154 in the mail
    It also matters where the probe is mounted on your evap. If it's mounted on the side of the evap, that may tell you nothing in terms of what the temps are like on the FACE of the evap.
    I remember Reggie posting a diagram showing where exactly the probe is placed in my cooler's case. As far as I remember it's about 5-10mm above the face of the evap, as close to the middle as it was possible... I'm gonna ask him again, though.

But I thought you said and showed us that removing IHS helped you?

What I'm trying to say that I assume/hope that with all those Opterons that people see are very hot, quick fix of popping the IHS will make a world of difference for them - at least in terms of temps. I wish I had enough cash to keep that 150 from Eric so I could remove the IHS and prove my little theory to you Because I'm 100% sure that his 150 was even hotter than your 154
    Last edited by bachus_anonym; 02-13-2006 at 08:09 PM.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast