Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone willing to ship to the uk?

Xtreme Addict

Anyone willing to ship to the uk?

I'm looking at getting a 3700+ but in the uk they are far more expensive than in the us, and no US retailers seem to ship to the Uk, and even outpost who I usually use cannot ship the 3700+ bundles they offer to me. Would anyone be willing to ship one on to me?
    Last edited by onewingedangel; 02-07-2006 at 03:10 PM.

Xtreme Recruit
    exactly! i am also from the uk and need someone to ship stuff for me! i will happily pay extra for your troubles!

Xtreme Member
    I could probably do it. Tell me what you want and ill see what I can do. Thanks, Tom.

Xtreme Recruit
    THANK YOU!!!!!!! i want those 2gb g.skill ram deal from newegg!!!

EDIT: Poly do you get charged extra tax for the state your from? by newegg?
    Last edited by bachus_anonym; 02-09-2006 at 11:12 AM.

Hiding from the cops and people I ripped off
    I also would be willing to help! PM me if you still need it..

Xtreme Recruit
    WOW! Nice to see people trying to help out!

i'm stuck between the 2gb corsair xms pc3200 2-3-3-6 or the G.Skill PC4000 3-4-4-8 from newegg! any recommendations?

ermmm **cough** gskill **cough**

just do a quick search and you will see which is better

Xtreme Recruit
    ok, how about between the g.skill pc4000 at 3-4-4-8 or g.skill pc3200 at 2-3-2-5??

Quote Originally Posted by zub
    ok, how about between the g.skill pc4000 at 3-4-4-8 or g.skill pc3200 at 2-3-2-5??
    I would say the pc4000 at 3-4-4-8....

XS News
    comment, i though when you export an item from US -> UK regardless of value don't you pay a tax to recieve it? does it still outweigh its euro price in the UK?
    i7-3820
    SB Z
    16GB 2200
    GTX690
    1KW Lazer

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaMerc
    comment, i though when you export an item from US -> UK regardless of value don't you pay a tax to recieve it? does it still outweigh its euro price in the UK?
    It really depends on what you say your shipping. Usually when I ship overseas I either put it as a gift or 0 value... The problem though is insurance..

Xtreme Addict
    Mark an item as gift and slip in a piece of paper saying 'happy birthday' etc and you can avoid import duties and VAT. Its only really the cost of shipping that increases the cost - unless customs don't believe it to be a gift, and charge you 17.5%VAT and 5% import duty...

And for example a 3700+ costs £160 over here on its own, wheras outpost sell a 3700+ and motherboard bundle for the equivilent of £145.

Even if you get stung with vat and import duty, your not losing out.
    Last edited by onewingedangel; 02-08-2006 at 02:01 PM.

XS News
    Quote Originally Posted by njkid32
    It really depends on what you say your shipping. Usually when I ship overseas I either put it as a gift or 0 value... The problem though is insurance..
    Can't put that 200$ insurance on the nice cardboard box can ya'?
    i7-3820
    SB Z
    16GB 2200
    GTX690
    1KW Lazer

Xtreme Recruit
    last time i had something imported, i got off scott free but that was because value was set to $30. but i had a camcorder imported and got stung on import tax

so i guess it is luck of the draw. i think if you do like gift tag or something saying happy birthday and set a value say $100, i should be fine.

EDIT1: @ njkid32 - i will probably overclocking something like 300MHz extra on the cpu, so would it not be better to get the pc3200 with 2-3-2-5 timngs and loosen them abit so i can have 1:1 with the cpu

or am i just sounding stupid as running the ram at 500MHz at slower timings would yield better performance???

EDIT2: ok, as i have veeery limited knowledge of US component shopping, am i even looking at the right retailer here? are there any cheaper us retailers? better ones?

EDIT3: ok check this deal out from lowestonweb.com - Corasir 2GB CMX1024x2-3200PRO for.......£358.49 ($624.10) inc VAT, Delivery: FREE! wow! hoooray for UK retailers, w00t w00t!!!!

EDIT4: ok, after reeeaaallly searching i found thoses same g.skill pc4000 3-4-4-8 at a uk retailer for about 150GBP ($260), so after calculating the shipping it would likely cost you people to send it to me (maybe $20) and then the little bonus i pay you people for doing all the work (maybe $40-$50), i would end up paying the same mind you this is a special offer lasting only this week so i guess in a one off chance some uk retailers would do slightly better deals that i would expect.

however i WILL come back naggin to you people for other components when i need them!!!

but for now i think the my RAM dilema is sorted thanks for all your info folks.

and like bush would say "we work hard to put food on our families" is it just me but i usually put food on the table :P
    Last edited by bachus_anonym; 02-09-2006 at 11:14 AM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    now my question is how are you guys going to pay??? pay pal or credit cards?

afaik newegg doesnt accept international shipping, i live in venezuela and im stuck in the same situation as you guys in UK... (at least there you can find high tech at reasonable prices.... here 1 7800gtx 256 costs 1000$ )

so if you guys find a way to do this let me know please
    Incoming new computer after 5 long years

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

Xtreme Recruit
    i would use paypal. pay the guy who is in USA and who is going to ship it to you. he pays the retailer, but you pay him/her (can't rule out the posiibility of a woman on these forums, now can i)

Xtreme Cruncher
    eh there is any? lol.... just a couple.. i think...

i need to try paypal.... njkid32 you can find a nice dual core for me xD i know you can :P
    Incoming new computer after 5 long years

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

Xtreme Recruit
    so now timings are better, i get differnt views here, most people say go with the pc4000@3-4-4-8??

Xtreme X.I.P.
    zub you can pick any of those G.Skillz. PC4000 may hit 275@3-4-4-x 3D stable. PC3200 can do 250@3-2-3-x 3D stable but it`s rated as 200@2-3-2-5 which is lowest timings for 2GB kit. I have that low latency ram and really enjoy it. BTW all those OCing is good for benching only - you won`t notice any big increase in overall usage unless you have some good OCing dual-core (can`t prove it but IMO those may get hungry for bandwidth which isn`t common for single-core A64 even with proper OCing)
    Also as from my personal expirience you can Import anything in EU from 3rd country w/o any VAT if price doesn`t excide 50$ - marking it as just a Gift may do nothing unless you have proper proove to customs managers. Of course this low declaration price won`t allow you to insure your package. Well, I never expirienced any losses with 10 items shiped to me from US
    Last edited by Cooper; 02-09-2006 at 09:24 AM.

Xtreme Recruit
    ahhh so maybe that is why i was not charged for my last item, as the value was set to $30.

i'm still stuck between the two ram choices. i probably will only be oc'ing like 200-300MHz on the cpu, so knowing that would it not be better to get the pc3200 @ 2-3-2-5, and then oc the ram to maybe 220 but loosen timings to like 2-3-3-6 or something, you think that would work for me.

and how low in timings is the g.skill pc4000 likely to go at 200 or 220MHz? would it beat the pc3200 g.skill?

EDIT: anyone? i kinda need to know sharpish, what kinda timings can the g.skill pc4000 atain at pc3200 speeds???
    Last edited by bachus_anonym; 02-09-2006 at 11:15 AM.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Here's an idea... If you guys want this thread to be alive a bit longer, how about leave it the way it should be and not ask for advise or what to buy, OK? For this type of questions, start a new thread in other sections of XS Forums. Thanks!

That goes mainly to you, zub... BTW, I'm gonna combine all your multiple posts here...

Xtreme Recruit
    what do you mean combine all multiple posts here??

i did not know mods were so tight on stuff here, does it really matter if i go a lil of topic???

Xtreme Addict
    You did have five posts in a row up above, where you could have edited your message. its not so much going off topic but rather not following forum etiquette in regards to sequential posts.

Xtreme Recruit
    ohhhh la di da :P

Xtreme Cruncher
    i am also willing to help ship things let me know and i know poly15 and njkid32 from trading experiences and never had a problem with any of the deals we did and are well respected members of the forum
    **just to note if you haven't setup a account at usps.com you should you get like 2 or so dollars off if you ship overseas. i have done alot of shipping parts to DDTUNG and got a few discounts they give you the option of just print the label and go to the PO and pay for it or pay by CC but either way its an online discount. but you have to tell them that so they dont try to tack on the extra $2 so you can pass that on along to our foreign friends.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast