Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got Cascade? Post your pics gents

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Fire
    Why didn't it last long? Again, I am a newb when it comes to phase/cascades (atleast for now), as far as how they operate. Is that an inherent problem with auto's or cascades in general?
    Oh no, just had some issues with it, and got a little bored, so I pulled it apart to use some of it for another cascade project.

A well built cascade can generally last quite well, and from what I've seen of Dave's they last and perform very well.

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Phenom™
    Well my pics of the autocascade suck, so here's a few pics courtesy of Charlie:

Now this is how it performs:

6 stages, 12+ Gases which include: R14/R1150/R410a/R402/R401/R416/R410b/R290

Xtreme Member
    Been waiting to see pics of this bad boy....what was that unit made for originally?
    I have a computer.

Phenom™
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenogias
    Been waiting to see pics of this bad boy....what was that unit made for originally?
    I actually really didn't know until yesterday when I ran into a datasheet for the unit: http://www.helixtechnology.com/files...cold/P-100.pdf

Eliminate liquid nitrogen from your cold traps
    with Polycold® Port able Cryocoolers.

They use a patented cascade refrigeration technology to cool
    cold traps for multiple potential applications.

Polycold® Portable Cryocoolers provide compact, portable,
    easy-to-use alternatives to liquid nitrogen in small
    vacuum systems. These cryogenerators use safe, nonflammable,
    non-toxic, CFC-Free refrigerants in a closedloop
    system. This means no moving of heavy dewars and
    no running out of liquid nitrogen with resultant downtime.

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by s7e9h3n
    don't you insulate the mobo
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mole
    Oh no, just had some issues with it, and got a little bored, so I pulled it apart to use some of it for another cascade project.

A well built cascade can generally last quite well, and from what I've seen of Dave's they last and perform very well.

Gray

He certainly makes quality units. I have a pic here of one of his last builds. If he's cool with it, I will post it here.

Well my pics of the autocascade suck, so here's a few pics courtesy of Charlie:

***PICS Removed to save post space***

Now this is how it performs:

6 stages, 12+ Gases which include: R14/R1150/R410a/R402/R401/R416/R410b/R290

Nice unit s7e9h3n. Who made the mounting kit? 6 Stager =
    How much does that sucka weigh?

I like my women the way I like my processors...naked.
    I am not the HellFire that writes bios files. I work strictly on voltage modifications.

Xtreme Mentor
    This is similiar to what my unit will look like once finished up.

Unit is one of PC-Ice's more recent builds.

I am not the HellFire that writes bios files. I work strictly on voltage modifications.

Banned
    Damn s7e9h3n that's such a wicked cascade... Where abouts did you happen to find that beast anyhow?

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by FragTek
    Damn s7e9h3n that's such a wicked cascade... Where abouts did you happen to find that beast anyhow?
    I think he made a post, but that post was lost recently.

Wanns say that s7e9h3n's cascade was done by Chilly and weighs in at roughly 180lbs..??

Xtreme Legend
    Wher is my post? i posted some today but its gone now??
    Regards
    Overklokk

First in world over 90k in 3D Mark 03 with 90400p
    http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=5160409

Banned
    What I mean was where did he find the original Polycold cryo unit that he turned in to the most in autocascade of all time hehe

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Overklokk
    Wher is my post? i posted some today but its gone now??
    You should repost bro.

They made a server change, as in hardware I believe, and recent posts/attachments were lost.

What I mean was where did he find the original Polycold cryo unit that he turned in to the most in autocascade of all time hehe
    Thats a good question.....wondering same thing.

HVAC/R Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Fire
    Hi guys and gals. I am diving into phase change finally, and doing it a big way with a -115C (or better) monster from PC-Ice. I am curious how many members here have cascades, and whether they built them or were built for them by various people.

Chime in and post your pic of your cooling monsters. Doesnt matter if its 2-3-4 stages, or an auto. I dont necessarily care about temps on the evap or hold temps, but those are nice stats to present as well. I am just trying to get a feel for how prevelent these units are compared to the community here.

To give proper credit: please post if you made it or had it made, what gas(es) used, number of compressors, and compressor(s) horsepower.

==========EDIT==========
    After clearing it with PC-Ice, here is a more recent build:

What is The loaded temps and gasses used?

HVAC/R Engineer
    \Charlie picked it up and sent it to me for modding.. First time out with the gasses I had it did well at -50 to -60 range.. this time i hade a few new gasses As in R14/ R116/R1270/R1150/Iceon 89 and quite a fe others.. And I was able to get a lot better temps.. It is possiable to get it to run at -130 with a few "New gasses " As it stands not it is dead on stable with almost no fluxuation between load and no load.. Unlike a R1150 second stage that will run in a 5 inch vacuum to achieve -115 unloaded and then rise to -95C at idle and -85 to -75 c at 1.5 v with superpi and FX57 full run 32 meg..

Phenom™
    Charlie (Xtreme Legend) orginally obtained the unit and had the first mods done by Chilly1. The autocascade at first wasn't much better that a top-end single stage, but after bringing the unit back to Chilly1 to get reworked, it's now quite the beast. Supposedly, Chilly1 says the unit can be tuned to do -100C loaded, but that's yet to be confirmed.......So Reg, is it really possible?

EDIT: LOL...Ok, you beat me to it.....

Phenom™
    Quote Originally Posted by chilly1
    As it stands not it is dead on stable with almost no fluxuation between load and no load..
    What he meant to say is "now" and not "not".....The auto idles @ ~-73C Evap with a deltaT of ~8-9C. So we're talking ~-64C loaded with an FX57 @ 1.71V

Xtreme Addict
    Some pictures of my cascades:
    1) 2x Danfoss NL11F compressors, R507/R1150, unloaded -110°, loaded -90° (180w)

P4 670@6ghz idle in windows

2) 2x Danfoss SC15CLX compressors, R507/R1150, unloaded -110°, loaded -95° (180w)

Before shipping

My first cascade:

Phenom™
    Quote Originally Posted by cold_ice
    Some pictures of my cascades:
    IMO, these are probably a couple of the best looking cascade's you'll ever see

HVAC/R Engineer
    Charlie (Xtreme Legend) orginally obtained the unit and had the first mods done by Chilly1. The autocascade at first wasn't much better that a top-end single stage, but after bringing the unit back to Chilly1 to get reworked, it's now quite the beast. Supposedly, Chilly1 says the unit can be tuned to do -100C loaded, but that's yet to be confirmed.......So Reg, is it really possible?

EDIT: LOL...Ok, you beat me to it.....
    yes it is possiable but if we do this it wil take longer to get to operating temperature and the loaded wattage will be less... So like 1 hour to get to temp and wattage about 30% less.

Phenom™
    yes it is possiable but if we do this it wil take longer to get to operating temperature and the loaded wattage will be less... So like 1 hour to get to temp and wattage about 30% less.
    Ummm...I have a hard enough time waiting ~20min for it to drop to -70C...I think I'll have to pass on -100C+...BTW, this unit from the factory is specced for a 1.5Hour initial cool-down time to -130C @ 120W.......

Xtreme Addict
    IMO, these are probably a couple of the best looking cascade's you'll ever see
    Thank you

I am Xtreme
    What is The loaded temps and gasses used?
    I believe he uses R1150 and probably R507a but I'm not sure. I'll ask cpt twitchy to post in here when he gets online, he probably knows. Depending on the build it seems most of his units do -90C's full load depending on how well the condenser is cooled and how the unit is tuned and the load put on it. Dumo and OPB should be able to give details on theirs.

coldice> your HX insulation is quite interesting. Makes sense to do a circle. A lot of the box ones I see are dumb. You have tons of foam on one part of the HX then a lot less on the parts closest to the walls of the box. Effective and clean method you have
    Last edited by afireinside; 02-05-2006 at 11:25 AM.
    Phenom II 940 BE / ASUS M4A79 / HD5770 Crossfire
    3770mhz CPU 2600mhz NB | DDR1040 5-5-5-15 | 900/1250

Phenom™
    Quote Originally Posted by afireinside
    I believe he uses R1150 and probably R507a but I'm not sure. I'll ask cpt twitchy to post in here when he gets online, he probably knows. Depending on the build it seems most of his units do anywhere from -90C full load down to -100C in OPBs case depending on how well the condenser is cooled and how the unit is tuned and the load put on it. Dumo and OPB should be able to give details on theirs.

coldice> your HX insulation is quite interesting. Makes sense to do a circle. A lot of the box ones I see are dumb. You have tons of foam on one part of the HX then a lot less on the parts closest to the walls of the box. Effective and clean method you have
    Sorry, but OPB's unit isn't -100C loaded....

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by afireinside
    This is what I thought when I have chosen this design. But my new cascades will have another layout because I'll use only plate heatexchangers now. Much smaller than the big coax hx.

I am Xtreme
    Sorry, but OPB's unit isn't -100C loaded....
    It's not? I guess those -100c pics were idle temps. Damn.
    Phenom II 940 BE / ASUS M4A79 / HD5770 Crossfire
    3770mhz CPU 2600mhz NB | DDR1040 5-5-5-15 | 900/1250

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast