Thread: Fedex

Xtreme 3DTeam Member

Fedex

Apparently they only come out my way every "other" day... So now I have to wait one day longer than THEY said on their stupid website, for my x1800xt... I mean, if they know it's a "remote" location they would have put that date on their for me.... BUT NO, they didn't so now that i have made plans for TOMMOROW, i most likely won't be able to be here to accept the package and they won't leave it and i will have to wait til monday or tuesday.... I had some respect for Fedex which is now lost, because of this ordeal, WTF kind of BS is that, that they only come out here everyother day.......... when someone pays you to make a delivery you do it... not when it's convenient for you.... I mean what if i ordered something that i needed to live off of and I ordered it at exactly the moment i needed to for it to be here on time and they pulled this crap.. . i could die..... (hypethetically of course)... I am sure you see my point... now to see what DHL does....
    Time for Change!
    ------------------------------------
    |My Heatware|

Just make sure you don't use UPS...they define SLOW

Xtreme Addict
    DHL seems good to me, I like how early they deliver here (about 10:30AM).

I never used to care for UPS, as I've had some of the most mangled up packages delivered by them. Lately though, since newegg switched, I've been gaining some confidence in their service (knock on wood).

The worst thing is when you really want something but they won't leave it even though you have signed a million documents/waivers. lol.

If cost is no object, then FedEx is not beatable. Hands down the best service known to man. Super fast shipping, excelent insurance policie, great customer service line, and very friendly delivery guys.

If you are short on cash, or want to be cost effecient, whil still being speedy and reliable, USPS is the way to go.

If you want to get overcharged, meet the rudest people on earth (the delivery guys), have your boxes lost, broken, or claimed to not exist, then UPS is the way to go.

I've only gotten one thing from DHL (never shipped) and they were incredibly fast. They are a small outfit, so I imagine they have higher pricing as they dont own large carier planes like UPS, USPS, and FedEx.

On a side note, here is the payrate scale of the 3 major shipping companies. Highest pay to lowest, top to bottom.

FedEx,
    USPS,
    UPS.

I think you can see the trend here. Lower paid employees means crappy service. FedEx and USPS employees also get great health benefits as well as retirement plans. UPS on the other hand screws their employees on both counts.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I use fedEx whenever possible.

312 Xeon Threads + GTX 1080 + GTX 1070 + BFL Monarch 700

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxxRacer
    If cost is no object, then FedEx is not beatable. Hands down the best service known to man. Super fast shipping, excelent insurance policie, great customer service line, and very friendly delivery guys.

From my experience, their customer service is a joke and a big pile of crap.

Mid october 2004, i ordered some stuff from dangerden.
    As usual, I choose international priority shipping, which takes 3 days delivery time.
    My order came in after 5 days, from which I made my complaint to the Brussels head office.

2 days later, i received a letter, that I would receive a full refund for the shipping costs (47$).

At the end of december 2004, I still haven't received anything or heard from them again, I called several times asking about the status.
    They said they would check it again and ask their head office in the US about it.
    Couple of weeks later, same story, having heard nothing from them anymore, I called again. Got the same story, bla bla bla.

I placed another order at DD in february 2005, which (again) was delivered to late.
    Called them again, and now, all of the sudden, they tell me that i should ask dangerden for getting a refund. This because, dangerden charges the shipping costs, and if the costs need being refunded, dangerden asks the shipping company the costs back, and then needs to refund the buyer.

They also told me that, in order for getting a refund, I should have made a complaint towards dangerden within the 15 days after delivery.
    Strange policy, if you ask me. They tell me that, 4 months after my complaint, but they didn't the first time I asked.
    I asked them about the status from my promised refund in october 2004.
    They said that dangerden was refunded for those costs and that they had to refund me. HUH???

So I called dangerden (had a nice, kind conversation with Kathi).
    She told me they never received anything from fedex, and no money was refunded. She would try to get me a refund for both late deliveries.
    Received a mail the next day from DD, telling me that they (DD) would refund me the shipping costs from the last order (35$), but that they couldn't help me any further about the other order.

I contacted Fedex over a dozen times within the next months, trying to get a little more help. But nada, nothing. In october last year, I decided to give up, knowing that i wouldn't get any help from them.

During the whole year it lasted, they never called me, neither did I recieve a letter or mail from them, apologizing for the circumstances and the way things turned out. I felt left in the cold and ripped off for 47$.

So far my early morning rant.
    Rig #1
    Gigabyte P67A-UD4 trying to figure out this POS board
    2600k @ ?????
    2x2Gb GSkill RipJaws-X 1333 (7-7-7-21)
    ATI 5850
    Coba Nitrox 750W
    Watercooled with HK 3.0 CU, Watercool GPU-X³ 5870 Nickel, PA120.3, Laing Ultra with XSPC top

Rig #2
    DFI UT P35-T2R (0317 bios)
    E8200 @ 4000 (1.216V) / 4100 (1.248V) / 4200 (1.296V) / 4300 (1.344V)
    2x2Gb Chaintech Apogee GT PC2-8500
    Powercolor 4870
    Corsair 520HX
    Watercooled with HK 3.0 CU, EK-FC4870, Feser tripple, Laing Ultra pump

Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    I've got Supermicro boards that lasted longer than one of my marriages!

I am Xtreme
    General rule of thumb: if you have to deal with customer services, you're probably not going to get anything you want. They all suck.

Fedex is great. My ZZF orders with 2 day fedex are always at the door when I come home from school. UPS on the other hand doesn't show up until 6-7pm. Oh and when you ship UPS you have to package your item so it will be capable of surviving WWIII and 2 atom bombs. I prefer USPS priority over everything though. Good prices and 2-3 day shipping without the absurd UPS late delivery times.
    Phenom II 940 BE / ASUS M4A79 / HD5770 Crossfire
    3770mhz CPU 2600mhz NB | DDR1040 5-5-5-15 | 900/1250

Xtreme 3DTeam Member
    Yeah, come to find out, the person i bought something from had it shipped overnight... Oh well, complaining never got much done, except excesive ing which is what got Jupiler's money back... Sometimes companies (sorry CORPORATIONS) need a little nudging to get some kind of response....
    Time for Change!
    |My Heatware|

Xtreme Addict
    I always use Fedex. But i'm not in a remote location. They're always fast shipping to here in SoCal, and since i used to leave notes on my door for them to leave packages if i don't answer... they just always do nowdays. Luckily i live in an area where they'll do that since i know they wont do that just anywhere.

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government"
    -- Alexander Hamilton

Xtreme Addict
    USPS has horrible claim department, FedEx all-the-way

HVAC/R Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by KoHaN69
    USPS has horrible claim department, FedEx all-the-way
    wait until you get tio file a claim for fedex global express
    at lease usps delevers 99% intact Fedex os 0 for 4

"I eat motherboards"
    Courier quality depends on where you live at... We've recieved tons of packages from UPS, Fedex, DHL, USPS, and around 5% of those packages come with smashed in corners and damaged componets... You guys shoud see how cheap Musicians Enemy (Friend actually) is... boxes arrive looking ty as they mainly use the cheapest shipping options AND packing.
    杰森
    I can picture in my mind a world without hate, a world without violence.
    And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Worst overclocker evar!!
    This is the work of art fedex has done with my X1900XT, which i got sent overnight

So, for those of you without a knowledge of California Geography, here's a quick illustration:

I used to have links here demonstrating how awesome I am, but it's been so long that they're not very relevant (and the pictures have disappeared), so I guess I'll have to get working on new stuff.

Xtreme Addict
    When sending packages, they have to go through their major hubs, such as San Jose, Los Angeles, etc. I've had packages sent overnight from parts of Southern California to Long Beach (Just south of Los Angeles) and on the tracking it went all the way to San Jose... then back down to LA before being delivered.

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government"
    -- Alexander Hamilton

ROFLMAO @ eshbach. they probably did that as there were no flights going out to san Luis Obispo in the time they needed, so they sent it to LA where there was a flight going out.

If that wasnt the case they just buggered up really bad.

When I get stuff from San Jose, it goes out of San Jose airport (which sucks ass btw) and goes straight to LAX and sometimes Burbank airport (burbank is about 12 miles from me).

Xtreme Addict
    I haven't had a problem with UPS. For some reason, the store I ship from always packs my stuff for free, so I can't complain.

Still think USPS is the best, but tracking sucks.

Fedex ftw.
    Heatware: 50-0-0
    Quote Originally Posted by Charile
    I believe that GWB, who may NOT be the best overclocking CPU in the tray...
    Quote Originally Posted by -thc-(cZ) View Post
    oh c'mon, maxxx, kick that cat of that monitor and have it poop for you

Live Long And Overclock
    Hmmm...lots of loyal responses....

"Dude !! You're getting it by Fedex !!!" ??

Perkam

Banned
    All shipping companies have their flaws... Back before my store converted from MBE to The UPS Store we used to ship UPS, FedEx, and DHL. We'd get a guy that would come in and spout off "Ohhh UPS is the worst shipping company ever they messed up this and that and blah blah blah I'll never use them again and I'll only use FedEx." Well by God wouldn't ya know that the next person through the door would have something a bit like this to say: "Ohhh FedEx is the worst shipping company ever they messed up this and that and blah blah blah I'll never use them again and I'll only use UPS." The playing fields are fairly even... I've seen just as many mangled FedEx boxes as I have UPS boxes in my time.

@Maxxx: Also, UPS drivers are the highest paid package delivery drivers in the industry. Starting pay is $18.50 / hr. and max pay is $28 / hr. @ 3.5 years.
    Last edited by FragTek; 01-28-2006 at 10:01 AM.

YouTube Addict
    I have had problems with ALL shipping companies but none are worse than DHL..
    I ordered cheese cake and all I got was an empty box with some of the Creamcheese left on the platter.. The Bastards ATE MY CHEESECAKE..
    FedEx have never done anything that bad
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nn_step
    I have had problems with ALL shipping companies but none are worse than DHL..
    I ordered cheese cake and all I got was an empty box with some of the Creamcheese left on the platter.. The Bastards ATE MY CHEESECAKE..
    FedEx have never done anything that bad
    A perfect example of what I just stated ^^

Beefy!
    The only problem I've ever had with UPS (haven't shipped by fedex) was when I called to find out if there would be any extra charges for shipping an item from the US to Canada. They told me that since it was under a certain price, there would be no extra charges. When the item arrived I owed them $50 for "brokerage fees" that they hadn't told me about.

Xtreme Member
    I have been a manager for 1 of these 3 companies you guys have been speaking about for 14 years. I can tell you that what Frag stated in a few threads back is pretty much on the mark. All 3 of these companies move millions of packages daily and the customer service is hit and miss. We will have a customer come to us very upset and pull all their bussiness. 2 weeks later lo and behold we have it all back.
    My 2 cents

Lian Li V1200B
    DFI CFX3200
    FX-57 CABNE 0530apmw 310x11
    Saphire X1900 CF Mastercard
    HIS X1900XTX BenQ FP241W
    Iwaki RD-20 Meanwell PSU S-150-24
    Crucial Ballistix 2X1 GB Z503.16TD 2.5-3-3-7 2.68V
    WD Raptor 74X2 Raid 0
    Vapochill LS
    Corsair HX 650W
    Sond Blaster X-FI XtremeMusic

pepsi fiend
    i know the ups delivery guy AND i have connections at the desk. half of my stuff is shipped completley free. and sometimes overnight
    Lanparty Ultra-D DEAD|REVIVED
    X2 3800+ LDBHE 0606 EPMW 2950 @ 1.55v DEAD|STILL DEAD
    Powercolor X1900XT 725/873
    dell 2005fpw 20.1''

Quote Originally Posted by afireinside
    "uh yeah is this DFI RMA dpt? yeah I was setting up your ultra-d motherboard last night and the pwm shot a flame at me... can you give me a new one?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Popo
    if you wont eat all of your vegetables einCe will come and get you!

ROFL @ nn.

Frag, really? I know a few ppl who are drivers for USPS, FedEx and UPS, and from what I learned, UPS was the worst paid.