Thread: NB Cooler issue

NB Cooler issue

i installed zalaman passive heatsink onto my epox. first of all i didnt got all the original thermal coumpund of. so i installed it with as5 + 0.0001mm of original compound on it. well watched temps in bios and everest - normal (30-32C).
    But if i touch the bottom of heatsink iwill burn my fingers with about 5-10 seconds or even faster :S is this normal?
    AMD Athlon64 3000+
    AC Freezer 64 Pro
    Epox 9NPA+ Ultra
    2x512mb pc3200 PQI
    Sparkle Geforce 6600GT
    Seagate Barracuda 200gb 8mb
    420w Enlight PSU

3DMark scores: work in progress!

Xtreme Addict
    Burn your fingers? Man... that thing must be getting pretty damned hot. I recently ditched the active cooler on my Asus A8N-SLI for a modified GPU cooler, a Vantec Iceberq 4 cooler and i don't get any warmth from it since it cools so well and isn't loud.

If the heatsink you're using is getting hot, then it definitely is working (transferring heat).... but if its that hot, i'd recommend better cooling.

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government"
    -- Alexander Hamilton

Xtreme Member
    place a small fan next to it, i replaced HS on my K8N platinum with passive one and it was damn hot, could not leave my finger on it for longer than 5sec... so a placed a small 4cm low cfm (and quiet) fan to it and its cold to the touch
    My Rig X6 1055T|Crosshair IV Formula|8600GT|2x2024MB@1800|436GB storage