Thread: ITE Drivers needed for Windows install on P5WD2?

Xtreme Enthusiast

ITE Drivers needed for Windows install on P5WD2?

I've been working at this for the past few nights and haven't found a solution yet. Last time this happened was back when I was first getting into building computers and SATA needed a driver displayed before Windows installed.

When I try to install WindowsXP on an 80GB IDE drive it won't be detected by the windows initial installation setup. The ITE controller says it's here and all, but when I put the windows CD in, let all the first files and detections get through, and then it asks me if i want to repair, exit, or new install i hit new install and it comes up saying it can't find a hard disk to install to. The drive is plugged into the red slots.

I've tried a new cable, setting the jumpers to slave, plugging devices in BOTH of the red slots simultaneously, disableing the ITE controller, updating the BIOS, switching the RAM through different slots, reformatting via DOS, but none of it works. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Intel C2D E6600 (L630B015)
    TT BigTyphoon || Zalman VF900 Fatal1ty
    Abit QuadGT
    2GB Corsair Dominator PC2-8500
    HIS X1900XT --> XTX
    Creative X-Fi Elite Pro
    OCZ GameXStream 700w

HEAT --- eBAY

Xtreme Member
    if you only have one or two IDE devices and aren't using raid on that board, just plug it in the blue slot
    Mac Pro 2X2.4GHZ Quad
    40GB OWC SSD
    6GB DDR3
    6TB Storage

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I have the blue slot used by 2 CD drives.
    Abit QuadGT
    HIS X1900XT --> XTX
    Creative X-Fi Elite Pro
    OCZ GameXStream 700w

HEAT --- eBAY

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Ok fixed it. I didn't get the retail package, just and only the board so there may be a floppy with the driver that is required included.

Here's what I did for future searchers:
    -Go to here and download the "-IT8211 ATA RAID Controller Driver and Application V1.3.2.0 for Windows 2000/XP/2003.(WHQL) and 64bit XP/2003.(WHQL)"
    -Extract the files/folders
    -Look through different sub-folders until you find the "MakeDisk" file
    -Double-click on the "MakeDisk" file and insert a floppy, then click "Extract" on the interface that came up when you clicked "MakeDisk"
    -When it's finished, put the floppy in the computer with the P5WD2 (or like board)
    -Boot up the PC and hit a button when it prompts you to boot from the Windows installation CD (easy step that even n00bies should be used to )
    -When the blue screen comes up, hit F6 and wait for another screen to come up asking you if you have any special drivers
    -Hit the "S" button
    -Select the ITE 8211 driver for the OS that you're trying to install
    -Hit enter and continue with the Windows installation

Thanks all. Hopefully you're not like me and won't need to use the red IDE slots
    Abit QuadGT
    HIS X1900XT --> XTX
    Creative X-Fi Elite Pro
    OCZ GameXStream 700w

HEAT --- eBAY