Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SysXtreme DFI RAM / MOSFET Cooling Bracket

Xtreme Member
    I'd be down for one. Post some pics of the prototype once its created - very interested in seeing it
    Intel 3930k @ 4.55ghz
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    Intel SSD 520 480gb
    AMD Radeon 6990
    Corsair AX1200 PSU

Banned
    Ok I've been slaving away for the last 6 or so hours incorporating some ideas and additions from peoples comments...

Changes for v2.0:
    -2 x 50mm RAM Fans
    -3 x 40mm MOSFET Fans
    -Mounting hole for 2" support standoff on RAM side

Pic...

Let me know what you think
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dfi_cooler_v2_conf.jpg 
Views:	1190 
Size:	136.1 KB 
ID:	42672  

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FragTek
    Ok I've been slaving away for the last 6 or so hours incorporating some ideas and additions from peoples comments...

Changes for v2.0:
    -2 x 50mm RAM Fans
    -3 x 40mm MOSFET Fans
    -Mounting hole for 2" support standoff on RAM side

Pic...

Let me know what you think
    Looks good mate. Be good to see some pics of it when ya get it back from the laser cutters
    Intel Xeon 3070 @ 3600MHz Stable, 4GHz Max
    Abit IP35 Pro
    MSI 8800GTX
    Custom and blinged out water cooling
    Project <<|Black3d|>>
    Logitech G5/Saitek Eclipse
    Dell 2405FPW 24" TFT
    Tagan 1100w

Xtreme Member
    Looks much better with the 50mm ram fans. You could also consider uv-reactive plexi
    Athlon 64 X2 5200+ || Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H || Connect3d 4850 || Crucial ddr2-800 Lanfest 2x1 Gb || AKASA PowerPlus 650W || Watercooled

AthlonXP-M 2500+ @2500 || Abit NF7-S v2.0 || ATI 9700 PRO || Corsair XMS PC3500 v1.1 2x256 + 1x512 Kingston HX || Enermax EG465P-VE FC || Slk 900A - Delta 92mm

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Any way that you could have it just for the mosfets or would it be best just to cut the ram side off?

@PhanTom: got a link for those pre-made mosfet water blocks, my curiousity has gotten the best of me.

Banned
    It would be easy enough to hack off the RAM side if you just wanted to cool the mosfets but I don't think I'm going to offer a configuration like that.

The mosfet waterblock is made by a small company in... denmark? i think... Somewhere in that general region, they also make a chipset waterblock which works on the SLI-D(R) boards w/ 2 cards installed. Hell they even have a RAM waterblock if I'm not mistaken. I'll have a butchers for the link.

Edit: Added preliminary pricing to 1st post!!!
    Last edited by FragTek; 01-23-2006 at 05:41 AM.

Banned
    The v3.0 is here! This model just has a few SLIGHT tweaks for structural stability... I've given an extra 1/8 of an inch on the RAM side plexi to the left of the fans in hopes to keep a bit of strength in that section. Also adjusted some small spacial issues I discovered while making edits and got those all fixed.

This looks like the first one that will go for prototype production. I'm currently having a price ware between two laser cutting companies and should have made my decision as to which I'm going with tomorrow.

Once I have one back and get it mounted up to my board for a quick test fit I reckon I'm going to need a few beta testers... I will need someone w/ water cooling, someone with phase change, and someone with air cooling (preferably someone with a large heatsink such as an XP-120) so that I can ensure this will fit in the majority of peoples current cpu cooling scenarios. Please PM / post here if you're willing to help out!

v3.0
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dfi_cooler_v3_conf.jpg 
Views:	1391 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	42699  

Xtreme Enthusiast
    im air cooling .. ill test it out if ya want
    Intel Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3.6 | Thermalright Ultra Extreme
    EVGA 780i SLi
    8gb ADATA 4x2gb DDR2 800
    Evga 260gtx core 216
    Western Digital 300gb Raptor x 2 | Seagate 7200.11 1.5tb x 2
    Klipsch 5.1 Ultra Promedia
    Corsair 1000hx
    Lian Li TYR PC-X500
    Dell 3007fpw 30" Widescreen LCD

Banned
    Would you be willing to find an XP-120 and give it a go with it as well?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    yeah im sure i could find one or a big typhoon
    Intel Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3.6 | Thermalright Ultra Extreme
    EVGA 780i SLi
    8gb ADATA 4x2gb DDR2 800
    Evga 260gtx core 216
    Western Digital 300gb Raptor x 2 | Seagate 7200.11 1.5tb x 2
    Klipsch 5.1 Ultra Promedia
    Corsair 1000hx
    Lian Li TYR PC-X500
    Dell 3007fpw 30" Widescreen LCD

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jetjaguar
    yeah im sure i could find one or a big typhoon
    That would be awesome! I submitted the v3.0 for it's first prototype run today, I should have the first unit back in 3-7 days

I'll keep you updated... Once I get it test fitted on my board I'll shoot it your way so you can let me know if it fits with your setup! Thx.

Xtreme Member
    Quick update...

I think I've found the place I'm going to have these made. They're only a few hours up the road from me and have a huge facility. They've agreed to an initial $85 setup fee and then $30 for each prototype. They've told me they could possibly go as low as $4 a piece with quantity between 50-100! That means these could be VERY reasonably priced
    Sounds good man. Let us know when we can buy them. Good luck with it!

Banned
    I've actually found somewhere that's giving me a better deal and is a lot more flexible with changing my design around to get it just right.

I just pulled my XP-90 out of the closet and kind of layed it over the CPU socket to get an idea of how it would work with this RAM cooler and TBH I don't think that this bracket is going to work for the people that are aircooling. The way that the Expert is setup just doesn't leave enough room between the RAM and MOSFETS for anything but watercooling (and hopefully phase). I'll evaluate the situation when the first prototype comes in next week.

Have no fear though, I'm currently working on the Ultra-D style cooler which should be able to accomodate any type of CPU cooling you might have Future plans are to have a version of this cooler for every major "overclocking" motherboard on the market.

-150c Club Member
    I was thinking about something like this for a p5wd2 premium. I cant wait to see your prototypes.

If you have a cooling question or concern feel free to contact me.

Xtreme Member
    I've actually found somewhere that's giving me a better deal and is a lot more flexible with changing my design around to get it just right.

I just pulled my XP-90 out of the closet and kind of layed it over the CPU socket to get an idea of how it would work with this RAM cooler and TBH I don't think that this bracket is going to work for the people that are aircooling. The way that the Expert is setup just doesn't leave enough room between the RAM and MOSFETS for anything but watercooling (and hopefully phase). I'll evaluate the situation when the first prototype comes in next week.

Have no fear though, I'm currently working on the Ultra-D style cooler which should be able to accomodate any type of CPU cooling you might have Future plans are to have a version of this cooler for every major "overclocking" motherboard on the market.
    I just hope it works with the chilly evap and hold down system. Please make it work. LOL

Banned
    I'll make sure it works with the chilly1 system, dun worry hehe

Can you do me a favor and give me the one-side measurement of the chilly1 hold down? And about how far up the top of the mounting plate is when fastened to the motherboard. I'm going to need this to do a bit of research since I don't have mine yet.

And after doing a bit of thinking, I think that I can get away with using 1.5" standoffs rather than the originally planned 2" standoffs which may give clearing for large cpu heatsinks... Could also possibly fix any issues with the interference of the chilly1 hold down. I've just ordered some 1.5" standoffs for testing purposes

Xtreme Member
    I'll make sure it works with the chilly1 system, dun worry hehe

Can you do me a favor and give me the one-side measurement of the chilly1 hold down? And about how far up the top of the mounting plate is when fastened to the motherboard. I'm going to need this to do a bit of research since I don't have mine yet.

And after doing a bit of thinking, I think that I can get away with using 1.5" standoffs rather than the originally planned 2" standoffs which may give clearing for large cpu heatsinks... Could also possibly fix any issues with the interference of the chilly1 hold down. I've just ordered some 1.5" standoffs for testing purposes
    I will try and get the measurements from chilly as I do not have his system with me yet. I hope he gives me an update on my 3 head soon. I am so anxious to see what he has done.

Banned
    Yeah I wanna see some pix of that beast! It's going to be absolutely magnificent...

Banned
    Status Update:

v3 Expert prototype bracket shipped today! I should have it in my hands early next week for preliminary testing

Also have my quote back for the v1 Ultra-D protoype bracket, will send that off for it's first proto-type as well.

I just pulled my XP-90 out of the closet and kind of layed it over the CPU socket to get an idea of how it would work with this RAM cooler and TBH I don't think that this bracket is going to work for the people that are aircooling.
    I'm really interested in seeing the pics for the prototype. Hopefully, it will fit on some air cooled rigs. I'm running a Zalman CNPS9500 and if it will fit, count me in for one too.
    New Build
    EVGA 760 Classified / i7 920 D0 / 3x1GB DDR3-2000 Dominator / 2x4890 XFX Radeon 1GB / 74GB-150GB Raptor & 3-1TB Hitachi / LG BLU-RAY Writer 8x / WC (coming) / Corsair HX1000W / Dell UltraSharp 3008WFP

BlackColossus
    DFI Expert / Opteron 170 / 2800 MHz @ 1.45v / 2x1GB DDR-500 Ballistix / 2xXFX GeForce 9800GT 512MB / SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme / 1TB Hitachi / Plextor Dual Layer SATA / Zalman CNPS9500 / Thermaltake Fan controller / OCZ GameXStream 700W / Thermaltake Armor

Banned
    I've ordered some 1.5" standoffs opposed to the 2" that I have been using. Looks like they will work with standard ram (ie. ram that doesnt have any extra height from LED's etc. such as the Corsair XMS w/ LED's). This looks like it MAY allow for the use of some heatsinks. I'll begin some testing next week when my prototype comes in

I've also finished the engineering for the v1 Ultra-D bracket and will be sending that off for its first prototype soon.

Banned
    The first prototype arrives today! Pix as soon as I get home from work... If everything fits well I'll be taking pre-orders starting tonight or some time this week when I get a chance!

Xtreme Member
    id buy one for sure

Xtreme Addict
    The first prototype arrives today! Pix as soon as I get home from work...
    I can't wait to see those pics..... can't you feel sick all a sudden and go home...??

NCâ„¢

Lian Li V2000+ Modded
    Intel Core I7 920 @ 3.8Ghz 1.325v Thermaltright Ultra 120 Extreme RT1366
    Asus Rampage Extreme 2
    OCZ 3x2GB DDR3 1600 Platinum
    EVGA GTX460 768MB 850/1700/2100Mhz SLi
    EVGA 8800GT SSC 730/1800/2000Mhz
    Corsair HX850W

Banned
    Unfortunately i'm the manager of a retail shipping store and am by myself tonight for closing so I can't

If I can find the digi cam at work then I might be able to snap some pix and post them up from work.

I've also struck a deal with Sidewinder Computers for the fans that I'll be using which should help bring down the cost of the fanned up model a bit. Just realize that the fan included models price reflects the labor on my end to install all of the fans + grills. My time is money, I don't have a lot of time to sit around and screw fans on plexi, lol. I could possibly sell the kit unassembled and save yall some money if you want to take the time to put the fans on yourself.

We'll work on the production pricing later tonight when I get home and see if we can't come up with something good for everyone!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast