Thread: Chipset and mosfet cooling on DFI ultra D

Xtreme Member

Exclamation Chipset and mosfet cooling on DFI ultra D

Hi folks, my chipset is a bit ( 60ΒΊ ) hot ( i live in Brazil ) and because of the size of the 7800gtx, im out of ideas to increase cooling performance on my chipset ! there any ideas !:? Any cooler made for these especifications !?

Thanks for the help
    How to be Xtreme with so little money ?

2600k@5ghz 16GB 1600 Gskill 8GBRLX GTX 480 SLi Corsair 1200w
    Lsi 9260-8i + 8 1tb Samsung HD103sj on RAID0 (yes im crazy and i have good airflow for those)

Xtreme Member
    A simple solution is to remove it, and put Artic Silver 5. I think this will reduce temps somewhat.

Also MAXX once cut a AMD Stock Heatsink to fit on it. And it worked very effectivelyl from what I remember.

Or can buy Aftermark Cooler
    Last edited by Zenjirou; 01-12-2006 at 05:36 PM.

------------------Pushing the delta between idle and load, to the limit------------------
    KoyoThread
    7900GT 705/2040, DFI Ultra D AE0, Opty 146 3.10 Ghz, MP01 +MP05 . CPU: 19/21 GPU:24/28 Fan/Shround in progress..

Xtreme Member
    Norway, approx. 1367Miles from the Northpole
    Here`s what I did.. kinda extreme, but should meet your spes

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/show...&page=14&pp=15

ArcticOC aka. GXP345@dfi-street
    Live to Mod.. Mod to Live!

Xtreme Addict
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ad.php?t=85920

Scroll down and see the great chipset cooling solution I made to get the northbridge SUPER cool. I removed the stock cooler, and with a dremel moto-tool, ground down various sections of the Vantec Iceberq 4 GPU cooler and made new mounting holes.

I'm running dual Prime 95 right now at 2.6ghz on my 3800+ X2 and while my core with my Thermalright 948u isn't exactly the best CPU cooler... i'm still maxing out my loat depts at 47'c and my chipset temperature is a chilly 27'c. My chipset runs roughly 8-9'c cooler with this monster compared to the total POS cooler made by Asus.
    At idle my CPU sits around 33-34'c and the chipset runs around 26'v.

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government"
    -- Alexander Hamilton

how do u messure the chipset temperature?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalero
    how do u messure the chipset temperature?
    My buddies thermal probe which i inserted underneath it so it made contact with the chipset core. I should have taken photos.

Btw... i made a typo in my earlier post. when idle, the chipset was 33'c (before) while idle and under full load (dual prime 95 with SuperPi) the chipset never broke 32'c and is currently idling at 27'c.

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government"
    -- Alexander Hamilton