Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast

Thread: [Asus+Dothan]Dead BH5 - Here is the TUT to fix it!

There is also program SPDTool from TechPowerUp
    http://www.techpowerup.com/spdtool/SPDTool_061.zip

It's absolutely free, but with very strange interface.

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=20349

IT Engineer in the making
    Quote Originally Posted by Compiller View Post
    There is also program SPDTool from TechPowerUp
    http://www.techpowerup.com/spdtool/SPDTool_061.zip

It's absolutely free, but with very strange interface.

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=20349
    This is no strange interface. This is HEX my friend.
    Quote from one of our professors:
    "Reality is hiding in the imaginary part."

Xtreme Enthusiast
    celemine1Gig, SPDTool's GUI is really strange.

IT Engineer in the making
    Well, a question of taste. I'd rather call it uncommon than strange.
    Quote from one of our professors:
    "Reality is hiding in the imaginary part."

Banned
    FANTASTICO......the op for this thread deserves a medal. Infact I suggest we promote him to ALMIGHTY UBER KLASSIC TECH MASTER

It's alive......it's aliiiiiive

Must admit though, my friend thought I was crazy when I asked him if I could take his dump

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yesterday my friend from takeMS International AG company gave me some value comments as to the last Thaiphoon Burner 3.2.0.8. For example, the Profile Enhance couldn’t set 533.33 MHz (1.875 ns) for the memory clock frequency. This frequency is mentioned in the NVidia EPP Specification separately. Now everything is OK and the new version will be released soon.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Great news guys! Thaiphoon Burner 4.0 is almost complete. For the moment, Thaiphoon Burner 4.0 is capable of supporting DDR3 SPD 1.0 specification and is can create and edit Intel XMP profiles. Here are some pics…

We are the first!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thaiphoon Burner 4.0 Prerelease is now public available! DDR3 and XMP are supported.

Bandwidth Freak
    Is there a way to edit the timing table with this program?? I mean not EPP/XMP or with hex.
    I use DDR3 memory.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by kakaroto View Post
    Is there a way to edit the timing table with this program?? I mean not EPP/XMP or with hex.
    I use DDR3 memory.
    I am sorry, but Timing Table Editor is not applicable to the DDR3 SPD yet.

For the moment I am working at the support for the DDR2 JEDEC Specification Rev 1.2. Thaiphoon Burner 4.1 can already create more detailed reports than previous version 4.0 for DDR2 RAM sticks. The decoded report is based on absolutely new flexible HTML pattern and includes enhanced information on various thermal parameters of the module, including TCaseMax. I also have in my plans to decode a part numbering system for some popular memory modules. Additionally, Thaiphoon Burner 4.1 reads and writes data much faster for the Intel ICHs due to new SMBus source code engine. I have already tested it with ICH1, ICH5, ICH6, ICH7 and ICH7-M.

Bandwidth Freak
    Quote Originally Posted by VVJ View Post
    I am sorry, but Timing Table Editor is not applicable to the DDR3 SPD yet.

For the moment I am working at the support for the DDR2 JEDEC Specification Rev 1.2. Thaiphoon Burner 4.1 can already create more detailed reports than previous version 4.0 for DDR2 RAM sticks. The decoded report is based on absolutely new flexible HTML pattern and includes enhanced information on various thermal parameters of the module, including TCaseMax. I also have in my plans to decode a part numbering system for some popular memory modules. Additionally, Thaiphoon Burner 4.1 reads and writes data much faster for the Intel ICHs due to new SMBus source code engine. I have already tested it with ICH1, ICH5, ICH6, ICH7 and ICH7-M.
    Thanks for your information.
    It is a really nice program, even now for DDR3 to generate HTML timing table and save/write SPD dumps. I guess this is the only thing that works with DDR3.

Ow, btw is it also possible to write SPD not only from the first bank? Because now I need to swap my modules if want to update both modules.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I have just finished my work at Thaiphoon Burner 4.1. Below is a screenshot of the latest version that displays thermal parameters of the Corsair CM2X1024-8500C5 memory module.

As you can see, Thaiphoon Burner 4.1 decodes SPD data in accordance with the SPDs for DDR2 SDRAM JEDEC Standard (Rev. 1.2).

I also have discovered that the best firmware as to thermal information have Corsair’s memory sticks and the worst firmware have products from OCZ.

Here is an unofficial download link for XS members only Thaiphoon Burner 4.1 build 1111

kakaroto
    Ow, btw is it also possible to write SPD not only from the first bank
    I am sorry, what do you mean “first bank”?

Bandwidth Freak

kakaroto

I am sorry, what do you mean “first bank”?

Well, now I have two memorymodules in memoryslot "bank" 1 and 3). If I load an SPD dump I only can write (fully/selective) the first module on bank 1.
    I could not find a way to write the other memory module on the third bank.

I hope this is a better explanation

Xtreme Enthusiast
    kakaroto,
    Because SPD Hex Address has not been selected for the memory module installed in the third slot. By default Thaiphoon Burner sets 50h address which is relative for the first found SPD device. If you attempt to reprogram SPD of the second memory module by using the Full or Selective mode you have to change the value in the SPD HEX Address field which contains, as I said, 50h.

Bandwidth Freak
    kakaroto,
    Because SPD Hex Address has not been selected for the memory module installed in the third slot. By default Thaiphoon Burner sets 50h address which is relative for the first found SPD device. If you attempt to reprogram SPD of the second memory module by using the Full or Selective mode you have to change the value in the SPD HEX Address field which contains, as I said, 50h.
    Thanks, I have changed the Hex address and it works

Xtreme X.I.P.
    awesome vvj!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thanks saaya!

But today I would like to share with a new unofficial version of Thaiphoon Burner 4.2

For the moment the prerelease version is available at http://cbid.amdclub.ru/files/thphn42pre.zip

In Thaiphoon burner version 3 till 4.2 there a little error

When you are on Report window pressing Read button reads the SPD but show a error window
    ScreenShot

After press Ok all working but report cannot refresh until you press on dump then report

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Compiller, thanks a lot for the notice! I have just fixed the error. OK, I am ready to give you a free license for that! PM me your regkey please.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thaiphoon Burner 5.1 beta 1 has been released!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Interesting program. Unfortunately it quits and exits after I open it. When I try to open it again I get a message "Registration file has a corrupted header!"

Why is this?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Today I have released the new unofficial Thaiphoon Burner 5.1 build 1022. This new version is capable of decoding NVIDIA Enhanced Performance Profiles 1.0 into the report. There is an option to switch between MEMClocks and nanoseconds. Below you can see some sample reports.

Here is the download link: http://cbid.at.tut.by/files2/thphn51b.zip

Xtreme Mentor
    this version has different interface, how do i select which slot the spd is read from or written to?
    Ci7 990X::Rampage III Extreme::12GB Corsair Dominator 1866C7GT::2 x EVGA SC Titans in SLI::Corsair AX1200::TJ07::Watercooled
    Ci7 920 3849B018::Rampage II Extreme::6GB GSKILL Trident 2000C9 BBSE::EVGA GTX580::Antec Signature SG850::TJ09::Aircooled w/TRUE 120X

Xtreme Enthusiast
    CryptiK,
    The new version has a calssic GUI since version 1.0 which was relesed in 2005.
    Push the Read button and select the EEPROM address under the dropped down menu to read SPD.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thaiphoon Burner 5.1 RC1 has been released! The new website for Thaiphoon Burner is now available at http://jungle.at.tut.by

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast