Thread: Burning In!!!???

Burning In!!!???

Well ill be puttin my system together in a few days and i had a few questions...

1. I have a opty 144..i bought a xp-120. What i want to know is.. is it better to burn in with the stock heatsink/fan that came with my cpu or should i do it with the xp-120 and 120mm fan(sorry if this is a nubbish question, i really just dont kno much about these things) my guess would be with the xp-120 but i just want to be sure.

2. I also have a x800 gto2 that i bought an ATI silencer for. Same question should i leave the oem stuff on there or just stick the silencer on there because im gonna flash/OC it pretty much right away.

3. O and As5 will be apllied on both peices so i was wondering if this thermal compound needs any time to dry/set in? and if so how much. Is it ok to just do my Oc and burn in with freshly apllied As5 or should i wait(how long).

Thx in advance

-$-

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Would do it with the heatsinks you are planning on using long term. Reason being that the as5 will set as you burn in, and so when you change out the hsf youll lose the effect for a while. But realistically it wont make much of a difference.

Xtreme Member
    Unless you want to find some limits with the stock cooling so you can see what your money got you, I would just install your goodies from the get-go. You gotta put it on some time, so might as well do it when you put it together the first time. I never bothered with the stock HSF for my 3200, just went straight with the Zalman and the Ceramique.

Enjoy your new rig.